AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   Events Listings: Non-Aikido Martial Traditions (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Dan Harden- Bedford Hills, New York Feb 8-10 (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22215)

Marc Abrams 01-18-2013 09:01 AM

Dan Harden- Bedford Hills, New York Feb 8-10

Dan Harden will be returning to Aikido Arts of Shin-Budo Kai for his continuing seminar series.

There are a few spots left for beginners
PLEASE NOTE:
Friday Night 6:30-9pm. will be for returning attendees. Q & A and review
Sat. 10-6
Sun 10-6

This seminar is for previous attendees so that we can develop some consistency in progression amongst the regular attendees. if you have not trained with Dan Harden before, contact him directly before paying to make sure there is room, so that you can become an integral part in this continuing training experience.

The seminar will be $180 for the weekend.

Please register directly with Dan Harden and dojoseminars@gmail.com
Payments are to PayPal homeoffice@charter.net
Registration and Payments are required in advance unless you have spoken to Dan directly.
If you are having difficulties reaching Dan, reach out to me at sensei@aasbk.com

Marc Abrams

Howard Popkin 01-19-2013 08:36 AM

Re: Dan Harden- Bedford Hills, New York Feb 8-10

:D

Marc Abrams 02-07-2013 07:32 AM

This seminar has just been cancelled due to the impending storm- Working on a reschedule date....

marc abrams

Marc Abrams 05-07-2013 02:34 PM

The seminar in February had to be cancelled due to the snow storm. Fortunately, Dan Harden was at this dojo teaching another seminar in his yearly seminar series at this school this past weekend.

This seminar was very well attended. We allowed several people who had never trained with Dan before to attend on Saturday and Sunday. Attendees ranged from koryu students, Chinese Martial Arts students, and of course, Aikido students. Many of the attendees have been attending Dan's seminars for at least one year.

I have been privileged to be studying with Dan for almost three years now. It is remarkable to see the tremendous growth in my fellow attendees over these years, regardless of the art studied. I feel that we are finally at a point where Dan feels comfortable enough with our progress to teach direct applications of this profoundly deep material. The application of principles can be manifest in a myriad of ways and art forms, which is the hallmark of what underlies a principle. The nice thing is with the increased time spent in the paired and solo practices, we are becoming aware of, and correcting more and more mistakes, enabling us to begin to take this material and directly express it within our arts.

The best part of this journey (for me) are the friendships with Dan, his students and fellow attendees that have been deepening over this past years. This has always been the best part of training in martial arts for me, and this group represents some of the nicest, most sincere, honest and humble martial artists I have had the honor to have meet and train with!

Marc Abrams

Howard Popkin 05-08-2013 01:46 PM

Sorry to have missed it ...