AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Nice video clip! (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20176)

Pauliina Lievonen 08-17-2011 04:23 AM

Nice video clip!

I've been away from my dojo for something like four months now, first due to an injury and then the summer holidays. In the meantime, dojo folks have been busy:
http://vimeo.com/27615838

What I really like about this video is that it gives quite a good idea of the atmosphere of a typical class at our dojo, instead of trying to be flashy and spectacular.

What nice surprise!
Pauliina

Ernesto Lemke 08-17-2011 01:47 PM

Re: Nice video clip!

Hey Paullina!

Nice vid. Nice bunch of people too. Or at least so it seems :D I forgot what that was like having run a three people 'dojo' for years now. Cool to see Piet as well. Say hi from me.

Sorry to hear about your injury btw. Did you manage to work with some of the exercises from last May nonetheless?
Cheers

Ernesto

Pauliina Lievonen 08-17-2011 01:53 PM

Yes, and actually I already was injured at that time. The winding one seems to be quite beneficial to the shoulder. Though to be honest I'm not that regular about them. I had big plans for the summer holidays but then summer holidays got in the way. :p

We start classes again next week, I'll tell Piet hi from you! I'm a bit nervous about how the shoulder will hold up and how my condition is. I'll just have to make sure to start slowly...

So how are you doing?

kvaak
Pauliina

Ernesto Lemke 08-17-2011 02:28 PM

I'm having *fun* doing my solo work daily, though in fariness it's somewhat scattered throughout the day most of the time. And then of course training with the guys at the dojo (6 of us since november!) And I don't do summer holidays. :D
But last week I got injured too when my back gave in unexpectdely. That is, I was overworking some stuff for sure (psoas related). Somehow I tend to get carried away with these sort of things...

Anyway, we'll see ,when/if the big guy hits NL in october, if he can confirm I suck a little less then last time. Be that as it may, I still suck but...
Still hanging in tho!

robin_jet_alt 08-17-2011 06:19 PM

Very nice video clip. It gives a good sense of what training is like at the dojo.

Dave de Vos 08-18-2011 02:41 PM

Indeed a very nice video. Looks like a wonderful group to train with.

I hope to see you in october!

barron 08-18-2011 03:28 PM

Great video, Good balance with lots of aikido and smiling. Perfect to attract new students.

Garth Jones 08-18-2011 03:56 PM

That looks like a very nice dojo. Some of the students have long narrow patches on both shoulders of their gis. What are those? I haven't seen them before.

Cheers,
Garth

Pauliina Lievonen 08-18-2011 06:47 PM

Garth, that's just one brand of keikogi that has a decorative patch with the brand name on it (i think, unless it says something like aikido or judo or something). You know I'm so used to them I had to watch the video to see what you meant. :D

Pauliina

woudew 08-19-2011 12:30 AM

Hi Pauliina,

nice video, looks very professional to me :)

JRY 08-19-2011 04:58 AM

Hi Pauliina

Greetings from Liverpool! :D
Very nice video. Please say hi to everyone for me :)

DH 08-19-2011 08:05 AM

Quote:

Ernesto Lemke wrote: (Post 290529)
Anyway, we'll see ,when/if the big guy hits NL in october, if he can confirm I suck a little less then last time. Be that as it may, I still suck but...

I said yes to the new date and some extra days as well!
Paulina, great video, very nicely done. Say hi to Piet from me as well. Sorry to hear about the shoulder and hope to maybe see you guys again!!
All the best
Dan

kyu mg 08-21-2011 08:28 AM

Very nice video....
Looks like a great place to train....

Alex Megann 08-21-2011 12:23 PM

Nice to see Peter on video! It's been a long time... Give him my best regards.

Alex

Relaxed Aikidoka 09-11-2011 03:57 AM

Really good video! Also the dojo has more space unlike the dojo I train at :D

Walter Martindale 09-11-2011 07:00 AM

Yes, nice video. Google Earth Street View shows the building very well, too. Looks like a great group of people.