AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   toughest? (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=338)

andrew 10-24-2000 05:17 AM

Who's the toughest person on aikiweb?
andrew

REK 10-24-2000 06:10 AM

Why, you are, of course!

ian 10-24-2000 10:59 AM

Well you must be Andrew, if you dared to risk REKs wrath.

ian 10-24-2000 11:11 AM

Maybe we could all get together in a big dojo and practise aikido until we are all knackered.

I'm sure this wouldn't answer the question, but it would be good fun.

ian 10-24-2000 11:12 AM

P.S. is this a test or something?

'cos my answer is yes.

ian 10-24-2000 11:13 AM

I'd also like to point out that the first message was not posed as an open question:

Quote:

andrew wrote:
Q:Who's the toughest person on aikiweb?
A: andrew

BC 10-24-2000 01:34 PM

I think Peter Tosh said that he's the toughest! :p

crystalwizard 10-24-2000 02:37 PM

There's a cure for that

sprinkle him liberaly with meat tenderizer then bake him for another couple hours in high pressure

since when did Aikido have anything to do with who was toughest or most violent?

Kelly

REK 10-24-2000 04:23 PM

Kelly,
Since about 0617 EST today.

chrisinbrasil 10-24-2000 05:06 PM

humor...

people,people,people... I would like to offer that andrew was most likely joking or asking who the highest ranking Aikidoka on this site is, if I´m wrong, then I guess tough-guy will beat the snot outta me! hehe
You... were JOKING... weren´t you... andrew?

If not then my vote goes to hummmmm... Hulkkidoka. :)

Mike Collins 10-25-2000 12:14 AM

I am the toughest guy on aikiweb or on anyweb anywhere in the universe.

I'm so tough I'd even scare me if I ever got scared, which I don't cause I'm the toughest person in the known or unknown universe.

andrew, ya wanna beat down?

Mike Collins
(consider me properly chastised)

[Edited by Mikey on October 25, 2000 at 05:56pm]

Mike Collins 10-25-2000 12:18 AM

Nobody can trace me from this site can they?

I mean this IS all anonymous isn't it?

If not, then please don't hold me responsible for what my evil twin, Ikey just said above.

(M)Ike Collins
Stop chastising me!?!

[Edited by Mikey on October 25, 2000 at 05:57pm]

JJF 10-25-2000 01:25 AM

Quote:

(M)ikey wrote:

Sure we can - so far we have narrowed it down to: San Jose, CA but next time you (or Ikey) posts a mail we will know your exact adress, the color of your house and your dogs favourite food as well... Bwahhahahahhaahaaa..

Quote:

(M)ikey wrote:
If not, then please don't hold me responsible for what my evil twin, Ikey just said above.
Sorry no can do. Being as though as I am (I can beat Mike Tyson) I simply have to come to your house a pick out each and every hair from your nostrils one by one. ;)

andrew 10-25-2000 04:58 AM

Re: There's a cure for that

Quote:

crystalwizard wrote:
since when did Aikido have anything to do with who was toughest or most violent?

Since when has being tough implied being violent? Tut tut tut. John Henry must be turning in his grave.
andrew

BC 10-25-2000 08:47 AM

Quote:

Mikey wrote:
I am the toughest guy on aikiweb or on anyweb anywhere in the universe.

I'm so tough I'd even scare me if I ever got scared, which I don't cause I'm the toughest person in the known or unknown universe.

andrew, ya wanna beat down?

OH, YEAH!!!??? :mad:

BC 10-25-2000 08:56 AM

Quote:

Mikey wrote:

Of COURSE its all anonymous, my friend (with sneering undertones, while tapping the tips of our fingers together like Mr. Burns!). We would never hold you responsible for what your split personality, eh, we mean evil twin, would say. Just because we recognize your flowery language and prose from another BBS where you use your full name doesn't mean we would be able to establish any connection, hmmm? No reason for any of us to be offended at all (as we reach behind our back..., all the while smiling sinisterlike). Now please hold still for a moment while we...

Nick 10-25-2000 01:37 PM

Re: Re: There's a cure for that

[quote]andrew wrote:
Quote:

Since when has being tough implied being violent? Tut tut tut. John Henry must be turning in his grave.
andrew
Because it would seem those who would usually consider themselves 'tough' are the ones who go looking for fights.

Mike Collins 10-25-2000 06:06 PM

Flowery language? Prose?

How flattering.

Not bad for a fat guy with no education. Thanks.

crystalwizard 10-25-2000 10:37 PM

Re: Re: There's a cure for that

Quote:

andrew wrote:
Quote:

crystalwizard wrote:

Since when has being tough implied being violent?

Let's see...I've heard the word tough used in a few ways:
when applied to food (hard to cut and chew, usualy meat)
when applied to tests (hard questions)
when applied to people. And I dont recall any incident of 'tough guy' meaning anything other than 'I can dish out massive punishment and beat the rest of you to a pulp.' (sounds like violence to me)

however I suppose in your case andrew it might have a different meaning...care to explaine what you meant?

________
Kelly

Mike Collins 10-25-2000 10:52 PM

My kid is one of the toughest people I know, and I've never seen him fight at all. He works himself beyond normal limits to get better at what he does.

Tough is a mental thang.

Course, it also works in the context of "my dad's tougher than yours"

Bug 10-25-2000 11:53 PM

Who's the toughest?

Maybe if we get "The Rock" to visit all of our respective dojos then we could find out?
Or maybe just arm-wrestling.

--W. (Not a Bush)

Erik 10-26-2000 02:28 AM

Quote:

Mikey wrote:

IP: Logged

It's the first place they'd start and Jun works for them.

By the way, I was pretty sure that you hung out where you hung out. So frankly, I could have found you. That is, if I wanted to blend my way through an obscene amount of traffic.

If you guys have the same mats you had several years ago then you get my vote for tough guy. They always kicked my butt. Then again, maybe I'm just too delicate for them.

Quote:

Bug wrote:
Maybe if we get "The Rock" to visit all of our respective dojos then we could find out?
Or maybe just arm-wrestling.

--W. (Not a Bush)
Pat Patterson would have kicked the Rock's butt. Besides I heard the other day he's been deposed as champion. He's a has-been.

[Edited by Erik on October 26, 2000 at 02:32am]

REK 10-26-2000 06:04 AM

Semantics, folks. Semantics

Mike Collins 10-26-2000 08:01 AM

I don't know, Peter Maeva (sp?) used to kick Pat Patterson's butt all the time, and he's the Rocks Grandpa. If ya smell what I'm cooking

BC 10-26-2000 08:42 AM

This thread reminds me something that my dear old Mom used to say to me (alot) when I was a kid when I would complain about something - "tough toenails!" Now when I do it as an adult, my wife says "tough s**t!"

Makes me start to wonder if all the women in my life are really the tough ones...