AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   Seminars (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   George Ledyard - Upcoming Seminars (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19318)

George S. Ledyard 01-25-2011 10:05 AM

George Ledyard - Upcoming Seminars

Feb 4th - 6th 2011 Aikido of Lake Keowee - Seneca, SC

7pm - 9pm Friday - Empty Hand - Understanding the "Entry"
10am - Noon Saturday - Saotome Sensei's Kumitachi 1-5
2:30pm - 4:30pm Saturday - Saotome Sensei's Kumi-Jo 1-6
10am - Noon Sunday - Empty Hand - Aiki and Connection

Mar 11th - 13th 2011 Orlando Friendship Seminar

Instructors: George Ledyard, Bruce Bookman, Kayla Feder, Greg O'Conner, Dennis Hooker, Rich Wagener, Todd Jones

Mar 18th - 21st 2011 Bedford Hills, NY - Aikido Arts of Shin Budo Kai

Friday, March 18, 2011. 7pm - 9pm.: Aiki and Connection
Saturday, March 19, 2011. 9am - Noon: Understanding the "Entry"
Saturday, March 20, 2011. 2pm - 4pm: Aiki Sword
Sunday, March 20, 2011. 9am - Noon: Aiki and Connection
Sunday, March 20, 2011. 2pm - 4pm: Sword / Empty Hand Relationship

Mar 25th - 27th 2011 Las Vegas - Desert Wind Martial Arts

Friday 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm - Body Mechanics, Structure and Connection
Saturday 9:00 am - Noon - Understanding the "Entry"
Saturday 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm Saturday - Principles of Sword Work
Sunday 10:00 am - 1:00 pm Sword - Saotome Sensei's Kumitachi

Diana Frese 01-25-2011 11:24 AM

Re: George Ledyard - Upcoming Seminars

Hi, just forwarded this to a friend on Long Island. She might be able to attend and would possibly bring me along. It sounds like a great program you have listed.

Howard Popkin 01-25-2011 12:15 PM

Diana,

If you can make Ledyard Sensei's seminar, you will love it !!

Enjoy,

Howard

George S. Ledyard 01-25-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Diana Frese wrote: (Post 274514)
Hi, just forwarded this to a friend on Long Island. She might be able to attend and would possibly bring me along. It sounds like a great program you have listed.

Yay!

George S. Ledyard 03-15-2011 03:24 PM

If anyone is coming to Las Vegas, my wife Genie will be along this time and we intend to do some dancing at the Reo on Saturday night after dinner. I intend to have a seriously good time and invite everyone to come along.

RonRagusa 03-19-2011 05:12 PM

Unfortunately Mary and I were able to attend only the Friday night class. Thanks to Marc for hosting the event and to George whose personable teaching style made me feel right at home even when some of his exercises took me decidedly out of my comfort zone. Thirteen people on the mat for Friday night made for lots of personal attention from George which I greatly appreciated.

While I attended the class with the attitude of a total beginner, it was nevertheless evident where our approaches to connection converged and diverged. I left we-do-it-this-way at home and consequently was able to really concentrate on performing the exercises as demonstrated by George.

Thanks again Marc, you have a warm and hospitable space in which to practice and George for your selfless dedication to sharing your knowledge.

Best,

Ron

gregstec 03-19-2011 06:19 PM

Quote:

Ron Ragusa wrote: (Post 279548)

While I attended the class with the attitude of a total beginner, it was nevertheless evident where our approaches to connection converged and diverged. I left we-do-it-this-way at home and consequently was able to really concentrate on performing the exercises as demonstrated by George.

Ron

Hi Ron,

You comment above just begs the question for more detail on the convergence and divergence - can you elaborate?

Thanks

Greg

RonRagusa 03-19-2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Greg Steckel wrote: (Post 279551)
Hi Ron,

You comment above just begs the question for more detail on the convergence and divergence - can you elaborate?

Thanks

Greg

Hi Greg -

I plan to elaborate further in my blog. I need time to process the information in George's presentation relative to what we're doing. George covered a wide range of topics in two hours, mostly in overview format. He planned to go further in depth over the weekend. Anyway, I'll get something posted as soon as I unscramble my brain.

Best,

Ron

gregstec 03-19-2011 07:52 PM

Quote:

Ron Ragusa wrote: (Post 279553)
Hi Greg -

I plan to elaborate further in my blog. I need time to process the information in George's presentation relative to what we're doing. George covered a wide range of topics in two hours, mostly in overview format. He planned to go further in depth over the weekend. Anyway, I'll get something posted as soon as I unscramble my brain.

Best,

Ron

Understood - my brain has been scrambled on many occasions :)

And as a product of the 60's, I even had my brain fried a few times as well :D

Greg

George S. Ledyard 03-21-2011 09:33 AM

Quote:

Ron Ragusa wrote: (Post 279548)
Unfortunately Mary and I were able to attend only the Friday night class. Thanks to Marc for hosting the event and to George whose personable teaching style made me feel right at home even when some of his exercises took me decidedly out of my comfort zone. Thirteen people on the mat for Friday night made for lots of personal attention from George which I greatly appreciated.

Thanks again Marc, you have a warm and hospitable space in which to practice and George for your selfless dedication to sharing your knowledge.

Best,

Ron

Hi Ron,
It was really wonderful that you and Mary took all the trouble to drive all that way just for Friday night. It was a pleasure to have you both in the class. Everyone had a great time working with you both. I look forward to more opportunities to play. Thanks again!