AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   Seminars (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Bridge Friendship Seminar Update (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13724)

Jeff Sodeman 12-24-2007 04:12 PM

Bridge Friendship Seminar Update

With the second annual Bridge Friendship Seminar (Jan 18-24, San Diego, CA) less than a month away we have a few updates to share with you:

Space Still Available
Visit AikidoBridge.com to register online for this amazing event. Please register soon!

4 Main Instructors and 10 Guest Instructors
In addition to our 4 main instructors:

Christian Tissier shihan, Hiroshi Ikeda shihan, Frank Doran shihan, and special guest Morihiko Murashige shihan

we now have our list of 10 daily/nightly guest instructors:

Kevin Choate sensei, Todd Jones sensei, Haruo Matsuoka sensei, Frank McGourk sensei, DT Phone sensei, Stan Pranin sensei, Lia Suzuki sensei, Francis Takahashi sensei, Bernice Tom sensei, and Wilco Vriesman sensei

Sunday Night Lecture
Stan Pranin from Aikido Journal will be giving one of his great talks as the Sunday night guest instructor

Special Hotel Deal
We have a special rate available for Bridge attendees, Check our website for details.

More Information
For pictures from last year, articles, and all the details on the event please visit www.AikidoBridge.com

SeiserL 12-25-2007 09:00 AM

Re: Bridge Friendship Seminar Update

WOW, what a great line up.
Wish I could make it.
Highly recommend everyone on the other (west) coast make it.
Its like the Expos, be there or regret it.
Compliments for what promises to be another great event.

Jeff Sodeman 12-30-2007 03:58 PM

Small typo correction, that is of course "DT Phong" sensei, not Phone.

So far the 4 day weekend option has been very popular, with only around one third of the people signing up for the full week.

What does that mean to you? If you're able to make the full week seminar then you're likely to be getting a couple days with four shihan plus guest instructors and only around 30 people on the mat. That kind of instructor to student ratio, and having that kind of room to train in a seminar like this is almost unheard of. I highly recommend taking advantage of this as it's not likely to happen again in the upcoming years.

Jeff Sodeman 01-05-2008 01:17 AM

Stan Pranin has notified me that the topic of his lecture as the Sunday night guest instructor at the Bridge seminar will be "America's Aikido Pioneers".

SeiserL 01-05-2008 06:30 AM

Quote:

Jeff Sodeman wrote: (Post 196809)
Stan Pranin has notified me that the topic of his lecture as the Sunday night guest instructor at the Bridge seminar will be "America's Aikido Pioneers".

Osu,
I remember the first time I heard Pranin Sensei talk on historical O'Sensei, what an eye opener.
This topic promises to be the same.
Please request it be taped and transcribed.
Rei, Domo.