AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   Events Listings: Non-Aikido Martial Traditions (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Mike Sigman Workshops - March 2011 - Germany & Scotland (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18499)

Enrico Marantidis 08-10-2010 10:32 AM

Mike Sigman Workshops - March 2011 - Germany & Scotland

We are happy to announce two European weekend workshops with Mike Sigman.

The first in Bremen Germany, 12th and 13th of March 2011.

Venue & schedule will be announced at a later date. Check back on this thread or alternatively contact the organizer.

The second in Edinburgh, Scotland, 19th and 20th of March 2011.

Venue: Meadowbank Sports Centre, Special event studio 1

Time: Saturday 19th: 10am -5pm / Sunday 20th: 10am - 5pm

Cost: Both days pre-book £105, on the door £120
One day pre-book £60, on the door £65
Places are limited. To book a place please send a deposit of £40 (check payable to Enrico Marantidis)

Notes; To attend the Sunday workshop you must have attended the Saturday workshop as material will build upon further.

Ecosamurai 08-20-2010 08:03 AM

Re: Mike Sigman Workshops - March 2011 - Germany & Scotland

Mightily tempted ;)

Enrico Marantidis 12-09-2010 08:51 AM

UPDATE

Edinburgh

There are still open places for the Edinburgh seminar. If you wish to attend it is recommended that you book your place as soon as possible.

Bremen

Details for the Bremen seminar follow:

"The workshop will take place at the Aikido Zen e.V. Dojo, which is located directly in Bremen and can easily be reached via public transportation.

http://www.aikido-zen-bremen.de/

The workshop dates are:

Sat., 12. and Sun.,13. March 2011,
from 10 a.m. to about 5 p.m. on both days

Costs are 130 Euros for both days and 70 Euros for just Saturday. To reserve your spot, a non-refundable deposit of 20 Euros is required.

If you like, we can assist with finding lodging. There is a variety of different hotels and hostels available in Bremen, starting at about 20 Euros per night. It may also be possible for some people to sleep at the Dojo (showers are available).

Please feel free to contact the organizer via e-mail at debora.daberkow@gmx.net for payment details and with any question you may have. "

Enrico Marantidis 01-05-2011 06:05 AM

We are now less than three months form the Edinburgh workshop. Spaces are filling up. Please reserve your place as soon as possible to avoid dissapointment.

Enrico Marantidis 01-05-2011 08:13 AM

Some information on the content of the workshop can be found below:

"Saturday will be mainly jin things up to sophisticated usage of Neutralizing Jin (Hua Jin) aka "Aiki".

Sunday will mainly be body mechanics of ‘suit' and breath, how to train both, developing movement controlled by dantien, etc., with some cross-back application of these things with jin."

Mike Sigman 01-10-2011 08:41 AM

Incidentally, people signed up for the workshop might want to join the QiJin list in order to get a feel for the terminology and the general logic of how these things are done prior to the workshop. If so, p.m. me and I'll be happy to send you the subscribe stuff for the forum.

This will be the last workshop in UK/Europe for a while. The last two sprints I made through Heathrow and in Frankfurt, sweating, long lines at security and passport control, etc., I decided life was just too short to hit maximum heartbeat rate so many times on what used to be nice, pleasant trips. ;)

Best.

Mike Sigman

Dave de Vos 01-14-2011 07:25 PM

Where can I find the QiJin list? It seems my search engine does not find it.

Mike Sigman 01-14-2011 07:31 PM

Quote:

Dave de Vos wrote: (Post 273199)
Where can I find the QiJin list? It seems my search engine does not find it.

Heh. Did you do a search under "Sanctum Sanctorum"? Dave, it's a private forum. If you want to look around I'll send you the subscribe stuff, but generally at some point in time people are expected to be contributing to the conversation (i.e., it's not a forum where you can get away with lurking very long). I'll send the subscribe stuff via p.m.

Mike Sigman

Dave de Vos 01-15-2011 06:49 AM

Quote:

Mike Sigman wrote: (Post 273200)
Heh. Did you do a search under "Sanctum Sanctorum"? Dave, it's a private forum. If you want to look around I'll send you the subscribe stuff, but generally at some point in time people are expected to be contributing to the conversation (i.e., it's not a forum where you can get away with lurking very long). I'll send the subscribe stuff via p.m.

Mike Sigman

Thank you. I subscribed and I started reading.

Enrico Marantidis 02-06-2011 01:25 PM

Dear all,

we are less than two months from the Edinburgh event.

We are officially 3/4 of the way full.

If you where thinking of coming there is still time to reserve a place.

Information on last open spaces will be posted here on the week before the seminar.

Kind regards,
Enrico Marantidis