AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   Websites (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   International Aikido Federation (IAF) (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=370)

Kai 11-06-2000 05:39 AM

We have updated the IAF website
at

http://www.aikido-international.org/

SmilingNage 11-06-2000 07:54 AM

hey kai this link doesnt work for me. it just sez parameter is incorrect

Kai 11-06-2000 09:30 AM

weird

I can click on the link and it jumps ok....

try copy/paste it into your browser url

regards,

Kai

Shipley 11-06-2000 10:19 AM

Works just fine for me. The photographs of the children's classes are wonderful.

Paul

crystalwizard 11-06-2000 01:10 PM

doesn't work for me either. The URL it takes me to is

http://www.aikido-international.org/International Aikido Federation-filer/iaf.css

which has spaces in it. I'm suspecting that netscape (which is what I use) doesn't like those spaces very well.

SmilingNage 11-06-2000 09:54 PM

hmmmmmm
i use crashscape opps i mean netscape my self will try to paste it

SmilingNage 11-06-2000 09:57 PM

still didnt work perhaps netscape dont like that address

AikidoSteve 11-06-2000 11:16 PM

This link worked on my Netscape 4.7. And I tried it twice, once with Java Enabled and once without.

Hope you can get yours to work, it's a nice site.

Yours in Aikihood
Steve Nelson

Kai 11-08-2000 04:12 PM

I have updated a database

And the problems with the failing links seem to have vanished. So now Netscape users should have no problems.

Please report any problems if you find any.

Regards

Kai 12-01-2000 02:33 AM

updated again

to the layout in the members section..

now each country can have their own logo displayed if they send me one.

Cheers,

Kai

Kai 07-05-2004 06:23 AM

Re: International Aikido Federation (IAF)

After a year+ of downtime, parts of the Forums at our website has been reopened, to allow for discussions about the IAF.

Do check in to see what might be going on in wonderful world of Aikido.

Also worth mentioning,,,, =) the userdatabase was found to be corrupt and had to be deleted, everyone who used to have an account, need to re-register.

Cheers

Kai

Kai 02-03-2005 08:47 AM

The IAF website have been updated with seminar information regarding the IWGA World Games in Germany and more.

Check

http://www.aikido-international.org

and in the forums as well for the latest information

Best regards

Kai

Kai 02-14-2007 04:49 AM

Hi

Not much has happened on the website lately, so I am asking for news or other stuff (photos) that are related to
your member nation, (updated national registry)

If you have any questions just mail me =)

Kai Löfgren Shimasue

FiuzA 02-14-2007 05:45 AM

which kind of information would you like to have more specifically? (other than photos) seminars and other events?

and by the way, the direction (the president, etc is it "direction" in english?) of my country's federation, its not the one that is there for over more than a year now. But that's probably each federation business, right?

Kai 02-14-2007 01:40 PM

Quote:

André Fiúza wrote:
which kind of information would you like to have more specifically? (other than photos) seminars and other events?

and by the way, the direction (the president, etc is it "direction" in english?) of my country's federation, its not the one that is there for over more than a year now. But that's probably each federation business, right?

You are right in that it is each federations business to send me correct information (and I will update), the thing is that for some odd reason many of the federations are not doing it, so if someone here reads this and gives them a little nudge =) then it can be updated.

I would like if the federations would send in a summary/report of each year along with photos so people would know whats going on in each nation.

Cheers

Kai

FiuzA 02-15-2007 03:43 AM

Quote:

Kai Löfgren wrote:
I would like if the federations would send in a summary/report of each year along with photos so people would know whats going on in each nation.

Mr. Löfgren, if you would like that, (and im only talking about the portuguese federation since its the one im more familiar with) you'll have to contact them. Why? Because the federation doesnt know what you want, unless someone tell them. Of course its their job to contact you/the website/the IAF in order to the information became correct, but if no one makes a move.. the information will continue to be wrong, and there isnt any federation element surfing this forum that i can see of ;)

Its ok by me to send you any info you'd like regarding seminars, events, photos.. or even the new board of the federation.

Peter Goldsbury 02-15-2007 04:25 AM

Quote:

AndrEFiúza wrote:
Mr. Löfgren, if you would like that, (and im only talking about the portuguese federation since its the one im more familiar with) you'll have to contact them. Why? Because the federation doesnt know what you want, unless someone tell them. Of course its their job to contact you/the website/the IAF in order to the information became correct, but if no one makes a move.. the information will continue to be wrong, and there isnt any federation element surfing this forum that i can see of ;)

Its ok by me to send you any info you'd like regarding seminars, events, photos.. or even the new board of the federation.

Mr Fuiza,

I think I can step in here.

We would like to receive regular information from our members, most of whom run regular websites with links to the IAF's own site.

Portugal (Federacao Portugesa do Aikido) does not have a website and the only contact information we have is the hotmail address of the President, Agostino Martins Vaz--if he is still President.

I regularly visit the websites of our member federations for the latest news etc, but we have no access to any news from Portugal.

So I think Mr L-Shimasue came here to see if there were any Aikiweb members from IAF member federations. We had a similar problem with Spain, Greece, and Korea: absolutely zero information.

We know that it is a chore for members to send news regularly, so having a link between the member's website and the IAF's website would be a great help.

Best wishes,

FiuzA 02-15-2007 05:34 AM

Mr Goldsbury,

the portuguese federation does have a website: www.fpaikido.pt (in portuguese only).

Agostinho Vaz sensei isn't the President of the portuguese Federation for over a year now (he's now vice-president of an association affiliated to the portuguese Federation) I'm affiliated with both of them.

As i said in my previous post, i'm available to send and let you people know the latest information about portuguese events, what's going on in their website, all type of news, possibly even photos, etc.

Its something of my interest also, (and for all portuguese aikidokas i guess) since anything that "publicitates" the portuguese Aikido scene is good, for, at least, satisfying any curiosity that a foreign practicioner may have about my country.

Thank you,

regards

Kai 02-16-2007 02:19 AM

Quote:

André Fiúza wrote:
Mr Goldsbury,

the portuguese federation does have a website: www.fpaikido.pt (in portuguese only).

Hi again,
this is exactly the information i need, now I can contact them more directly and ask for updates (I do not mean to distrust you or anything, but updates of this kind needs to come from the portugese federation)

Thank you!

At the last IAF meeting in 2004 I invited the representatives of the attending members, informing them all in the use of the website and asking for updates.

Some are better than others and since not all nations were present and contact information is hard to come by in some cases the issue has not reached everyone, this effort is a step in keeping the website current.

Best regards Kai

FiuzA 02-16-2007 11:29 AM

Quote:

Kai Löfgren wrote:
Hi again,
this is exactly the information i need, now I can contact them more directly and ask for updates (I do not mean to distrust you or anything, but updates of this kind needs to come from the portugese federation)

Of course. That's the logic relationship that should exist between the IAF and aikido federations (portuguese one, in this case).

I just offered myself to inform you about the portuguese scene because it was that that i understood (wrongly, it seems) from Mr. Goldsbury post. :)

By the way, Agostinho Vaz sensei isnt the president of the portuguese federation, since, at least, 2005.

Anyway, if by chance you need some help, i'm here.

best regards

Kai 02-17-2007 08:39 AM

Hi!

The Portugese entry in the database has been updated with new information!

Best regards