AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   How does one know Jeff Soderman? (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11314)

SeanHaeussinger2 11-14-2006 03:15 AM

How does one know Jeff Soderman?

In one of my threads, I've heard of someone mentioning about me knowing Jeff Sensei.
BTW, I see him in Open Mat & when Tenley
Sensei is unavailable! And what about Jeff Sensei that would make one know of his existence?

Qatana 11-14-2006 08:00 AM

Re: How does one know Jeff Soderman?

Er, possibly because its in your profile?

Roman Kremianski 11-14-2006 09:06 AM

What's the point of this thread?

crbateman 11-14-2006 10:19 AM

George S. Ledyard 11-14-2006 11:17 AM

Quote:

Sean Haeussinger wrote:
And what about Jeff Sensei that would make one know of his existence?

Possibly because one has met him...? What are you asking here?

Phischy 11-14-2006 12:23 PM

Sean, you and I train in the same dojo. I do not know a Jeff Soderman. However I do know Jeff Sodeman Sensei well enough. You'll know of his existance quite well when he starts to throw you around. Since Tenley is out sick, Sensei will be teaching the kids classes this week. Enjoy it!

Jaikido 11-14-2006 12:33 PM

edit: Soderman haha

xuzen 11-15-2006 08:51 PM

Quote:

Sean Haeussinger wrote:
In one of my threads, I've heard of someone mentioning about me knowing Jeff Sensei.
BTW, I see him in Open Mat & when Tenley
Sensei is unavailable! And what about Jeff Sensei that would make one know of his existence?

Maybe he is just....... FAMOUS (TM)?

Boon.

Bridge 11-16-2006 06:46 AM

I was drawn to this thread because I thought it was some Aiki Version of the Kevin Bacon Game.

Oh well.

Chuck.Gordon 11-16-2006 07:05 AM

Jeff who? Does he know Jun?

ramenboy 11-16-2006 10:42 AM

Soderman? Jeff Soderman?!?!?!

he owes me money!!!!!

(apologies to bob murray in 'stripes')

Jeff Sodeman 11-16-2006 12:57 PM

Quote:

Bridget Chung wrote:
I was drawn to this thread because I thought it was some Aiki Version of the Kevin Bacon Game.

Oh well.

Lol, I guess I've got zero degrees of separation then.

George S. Ledyard 11-16-2006 01:44 PM

Quote:

Jeff Sodeman wrote:

Well, you seem to know yourself pretty well... just what is it about you that would cause someone else to know about you? That being the original question... I am still a bit confused by the intention of the original post.

Anyway, since I am one of those who already know of you, I am curious about the fellow who would post such a question. Does anyone actually know of him?

Jeff Sodeman 11-16-2006 01:55 PM

It's one of our youth students who posted it, and it was in response to something from a different thread. I think maybe he wondered how someone connected him to me, though of course that person checked his profile and looked up his dojo...

Anyway, this should probably be moved to humor or let die as there's not much point to it. I guess I could invite everyone again to our wonderful Bridge Seminar in January if you really want to know me.

Bridge 11-17-2006 01:55 AM

Quote:

Jeff Sodeman wrote:

Wow, guess that means you are officially famous!

Pleased to internet meet you!

Looks like everyone on this thread gets a score of 1. :)

xuzen 11-17-2006 02:24 AM

Actually I am waiting for the "How does one know BOON (TM)?" thread to start. Any taker?

Boon.

SeanHaeussinger2 11-17-2006 03:54 AM

Oh, yeah! I'm to apologise about my other thread. I'm sorry Joe Proffitt, Xu Wengfun, and Clark Bateman, for my behavior in my worst thread ever. That thread was nothing but trouble. I say so, because that's probably the worst display of my online behavior.

Quote:

....Leaving Habbo in Second.

SeanHaeussinger2 11-17-2006 04:00 AM

Quote:

Jo Adell wrote:
Er, possibly because its in your profile?

But I'm not famous (yet?). :confused:

Ron Tisdale 11-17-2006 06:54 AM

I think the word is infamous. ;)

I'm going to try again...(silly me).

There have been numerous debates on whether or not our postings on the internet should or should not reflect on our teacher(s), parent(s), dojo, etc. While I realize that many think such a reflection is unfair, I am of the opinion that our public behavior cannot help but reflect on our non-internet associations to some extent. Even though I certainly treat the outside world with a great deal less formality, I still endeavor not to do things that might embarrass my associates and teachers. I don't think I've always succeeded...but I continue to strive for that.

Best,
Ron

DaveS 11-17-2006 07:02 AM

Quote:

Xu Wenfung wrote:
Actually I am waiting for the "How does one know BOON (TM)?" thread to start. Any taker?

Normally by his shote making contact with your chin and breaking your balance backwards, isn't it?

crbateman 11-17-2006 01:56 PM

Quote:

Sean Haeussinger wrote:
Oh, yeah! I'm to apologise about my other thread. I'm sorry Joe Proffitt, Xu Wengfun, and Clark Bateman, for my behavior in my worst thread ever. That thread was nothing but trouble. I say so, because that's probably the worst display of my online behavior.

Accepted. We were all young once (VERY long ago). I have always found it useful to behave the same online as I do in RT. It saves me from having to remember where I am and what I'm doing all the time.

xuzen 11-17-2006 08:21 PM

Quote:

Sean Haeussinger wrote:

OK, now you can have the ais-krim (ice-cream).

Boon.