AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   Non-Aikido Martial Traditions (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   News From the Skosses and Koryu.com (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12148)

DH 03-16-2007 06:05 PM

News From the Skosses and Koryu.com

Early Spring 2007
Drum roll please....

I've just completed text files on our new book and anticipate (with greater than my usual accuracy) sending it to the printer by the end of this month. So, for those of you who have been waiting with bated breath.... I'm very pleased to announce the forthcoming publication of Katori Shinto-ryu: Warrior Tradition by Otake Risuke, shihan of the Tenshinsho-den Katori Shinto-ryu. The book is authorized by Iizasa Soke, and contains an entirely new translation of the text (with new sections on jujutsu, shuriken, and ninjutsu) that originally appeared as The Deity and the Sword. We've rearranged, added to, taken 850+ new photos, created new illustrations, and generally redesigned and reimagined (think Battlestar Galactica to get a idea of the scope of the differences) the original three volumes. The result is a one-volume bilingual (Japanese-English) hardcover edition, with 336 pages that will retail for US$75.00.......

go to www.Koryu.com.
look for "news" likn on the left.
Diane Skoss

Enjoy
Dan

Tim Fong 03-16-2007 09:52 PM

Re: News From the Skosses and Koryu.com

Dan,
I read the three volume series 8 or 10 years ago. I think it'd be interesting for me to revisit it in light of my recent training with Akuzawa.

I'd be especially interested in the five element theory stuff, and the bits on mikkyo. Your thoughts?

DH 03-16-2007 10:31 PM

Hi Tim
My thoughts don't really matter much-but I think it's a wonderful Koryu. If you're accepted, there is a whole lot to learn.;)

Dan

davidafindlay 03-17-2007 08:17 AM

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the news flash. I suspect this sort of thing might otherwise easily slip under the radar. My aikido instructor has been learning under the Sugino dojo for a while now and I'm sure the publication will be a useful reference. I'll be passing on the info.

The previous publications have some interesting stuff in them - to be enjoyed by all. Look forward to the new book.

Thanks & Regards,
Dave Findlay

Ron Tisdale 03-26-2007 09:56 AM

Looking forward to this!

B,
R

Erik Johnstone 03-26-2007 10:10 AM

Also looking forward to it. I have the French single-volume edition, which I can muddle through, but sounds like this will be well worth having.

DH 03-26-2007 07:00 PM

Let's just say this one was truly fawned over by those in the know. Allot of work went into making sure everything was correct.
Couple that with the editing skills of one, very, adorable Skoss and you can't lose.
I'd seriously consider pre-ordering. And there is always autgraphed copies to be asked for by the editors!:cool:

Dan