AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   Seminars (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Aiki Intensive with Bill Gleason (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21081)

hughrbeyer 04-03-2012 12:30 AM

Aiki Intensive with Bill Gleason

Announcing our next Aiki Intensive at Shobu Aikido with Bill Gleason

May 12 - June 30 - August 11
9-noon and 2-4pm

These intensives offer an opportunity for deep study into the relationship between Aikido and the internal strength/aiki skills that many are now pursuing. The Aiki skills are the base that O-Sensei developed Aikido out of--so learning the skills are just the first step. The next step is to integrate them into Aikido practice.

This series of three sessions allows the time and the one-on-one attention to introduce aiki skills and practice them alone and in the context of Aikido technique. Class sizes are limited so that everyone can get hands-on feedback.

Further information available here.

Nicholas Eschenbruch 04-03-2012 03:07 AM

Re: Aiki Intensive with Bill Gleason

Sounds great, pity I'm too far away. Have you guys ever considered doing this as a one week thing? I'd come over immediately.

hughrbeyer 04-03-2012 11:13 PM

There's a thought. It might be hard to do a full week. Howabout a long weekend, like 4 days?

Alec Corper 04-04-2012 07:34 AM

You would probably get me there too;)
Alec

Nicholas Eschenbruch 04-04-2012 09:47 AM

I would VERY seriously consider that (and it would give me some days of that week to go to NYC for seeing friends...) but given a demanding job etc. of course it would have to be planned well ahead. Maybe in 2013??

hughrbeyer 04-04-2012 11:58 PM

OK, thanks guys. I'll talk to the The Man and maybe we can work something like this out.

azrielg 05-07-2012 02:03 PM

Looking forward to this!

Howard Popkin 05-07-2012 04:29 PM

Awesome Aikido :)

danj 05-07-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Hugh Beyer wrote: (Post 306888)
Announcing our next Aiki Intensive at Shobu Aikido with Bill Gleason

May 12 - June 30 - August 11
9-noon and 2-4pm

These intensives offer an opportunity for deep study into the relationship between Aikido and the internal strength/aiki skills that many are now pursuing. The Aiki skills are the base that O-Sensei developed Aikido out of--so learning the skills are just the first step. The next step is to integrate them into Aikido practice.

This series of three sessions allows the time and the one-on-one attention to introduce aiki skills and practice them alone and in the context of Aikido technique. Class sizes are limited so that everyone can get hands-on feedback.

Further information available here.

Hi Hugh,
Hoping there is a bit of bleed of the IS/aiki material into the July weapons seminar, that I am planning to make it to (Can i enrol online?). I purchased the Aiki Eastside video of Gleason sensei so am eager for more...

best,
dan

hughrbeyer 05-07-2012 08:40 PM

Yes, you'll be able to enroll online--we'll post a link when we get closer.

The aiki/IS stuff bleeds into everything we're doing these days but the truth is maybe less explicitly in the sword stuff... it's the basis of all the sword movement but it's funny, in some ways it's so basic it maybe doesn't need to be called out so explicitly.