AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   Anonymous (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   High level power abuse (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9511)

dalen7 05-20-2008 11:06 PM

Re: High level power abuse

Quote:

Anonymous User wrote: (Post 126308)
But, on the other hand when you open a school that parents bring their children in to learn proper living you have to hold yourself accountable for your actions. Not to mention adults who might go out and open schools of their own following the Masters lead.

Training kids starts and ends at home - this is the primary place for education. Teach them there and they can understand and adapt outside of the home. (Their values they pick up at home, not at school.)

Why follow a master as some guru?
You mentioned church oriented, then I would recommend what the "church leader' Jesus said..."you need no teacher, you have the spirit within." ;)

Its perspective, and how you react obviously depends greatly on that. ;)

Peace

dAlen

p.s. - you mentioned that this lady was a good friend whose shoulder you gave for her to cry on. Should she not be doing such intimate things with her husband? Could it be inside your envious she is not cheating with you? Not trying to be hard, but someone could have made the same post about you if they observed a married woman having to pour her feelings out to you and crying on your shoulders. They could assume you had a tight relationship that went beyond that. ;)

Point is careful throwing the stones...some bounce back. ;)
Even if unintentionally.

note:
1) Words are pointers...look to where they are pointing and dont get lost in them. ;)
2) Just realized this thread is from 2006...oh well :)

DH 06-08-2008 11:10 AM

It may not be anyone's business to interfere or discuss it but it sure as hell is bad form and immoral. I really don't care if someone has an open marriage or people are single even then its still bad form as I will outline below, but if folks are lying and cheating and stepping out, it speaks to their character. And to make it known is just plain stupid.

So, next up is to consider why things like that are not allowed in the work place-unless you're the president discussing sending young people to war with a U.S. senator while getting a oral sex from another federal employee-in a federal office in clear violation of fedaeral law.
For the rest of us, It has long been recognized that power can and has been used and abused- mostly by men- in the work place. No one can and wants to be the arbiter of consent in determining whether it was just mutual fun, coerced, promises were made, or differential treatment and unfair advancement was involved. It is easier to just say its not allowed.
Sensei's can wield influence that they are not trained for or educated in. Therefore many/most/all? are not qualified to do anything other than teach a martial art. Someone may need to explain to them why fraternizing and taking on the mantle of anything other than a budo teacher is unprofessional and a bad idea.

natasha cebek 06-09-2008 04:21 AM

Thank you Dan, well put!!!!

Regarding this remark," 2) Just realized this thread is from 2006...oh well "
...I suppose that if the abuse of power issue was nonexistent, then I might agree. However, this is not the issue and it still remains as a strong topic. BTW, a thread can continue for years and years...For instance - it may not be (personally) relevant this year, then all of a sudden - it's in your own backyard.