AikiWeb Aikido Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements & Feedback (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Thank you Jun (http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11351)

markwalsh 11-23-2006 07:51 AM

Thank you Jun

Round about Thanksgiving time for my yank friends I think, so thought I'd start a thread expressing gratitude to the webmaster unsung hero of Aiki Web Mr Jun Akiyama.

Appreciate all hard work, fair regulation, minimal censorship, openness and lack of ego shown.

Thanks Jun!!!!

Please add thanks if also appreciative of this great community.

Lan Powers 11-23-2006 08:58 AM

Re: Thank you Jun

I can get behind that............Thanks Jun
Lan

Jerry Miller 11-23-2006 09:14 AM

Yes, I agree. Thank you for this place.

Qatana 11-23-2006 10:58 AM

And a Great Roll Model, as well!
Thanks Jun

markwalsh 11-23-2006 11:14 AM

Quote:

"roll model"
- ahhhhhh

If this is reference to those lovely silent ukemi videos agree. Seems to be catching on that by the way in several countries - good example of evolution in aikido. Learnt a way to take a smooth roll form koshi nage here that I'll be stealing and taking back to the UK :-)

jimbaker 11-23-2006 11:17 AM

Aikiweb is the first thing I check after my e-mail.

Thanks, Jun.

Does that guy, Ikeda, still work out with you?

Jim

sullivanw 11-23-2006 11:44 AM

Yes, thank you Jun! You run a fine website.

-Will

akiy 11-23-2006 06:07 PM

Hi folks,

I appreciate your words of thanks and for the community all of you have created around this website. Thank you all for your participation and support. Without you, this website would be a lonely place!

Best,

-- Jun

David Orange 11-23-2006 09:29 PM

Quote:

Jun Akiyama wrote:
Thank you all for your participation and support. Without you, this website would be a lonely place!

And an expensive one, I'm sure, Jun. I know you know I haven't made a contribution yet, but I'm going to soon and I want to encourage everyone who reads this to remember to thank Jun in a way he can really use!

Best to you, Jun.

Best to all and Happy Thanksgiving!

David

markwalsh 11-24-2006 10:58 AM

I also value that Jun doesn't try to force people to pay but leaves it there as an offer (when I get a proper job back home promise will have little golden star by name :-)

Folks - Please don't let this thread fade from view - will loose last of faith in humanity...contributing membership some people can't afford, a thank you everyone can.

James Davis 11-24-2006 11:41 AM

I've made some friends and read some great info on this site. Thanks, Jun. :)

Nick Simpson 11-30-2006 04:36 AM

Yes, I second that: Thanks a lot Jun, keep up the good work! Loving the soft ukemi, by the way!

SeiserL 11-30-2006 06:01 AM

On the web and on the mat.
A true gentleman.
You will never be able to comprehend the contribution you have made to us all.

My deepest compliments and appreciation.
Domo Arigato.

Neil Mick 11-30-2006 06:43 PM

To everyone's tribute...add mine.

Thanks for your patience, and your hard work, on this site, Jun. It really shows (quality work always does)! :cool:

Thomas Campbell 12-02-2006 10:11 PM

What a great idea for a Thanksgiving thread.

Jun, thanks for making the forum available even for non-aikidoka. There are shared training experiences, free-ranging discussion, good humor and interesting insights into human nature, open to all for perusal. This forum is a nice place to bring a cup of tea and browse for a few minutes.

Domo arigato.

Mary Turner 12-03-2006 07:38 PM

Thanks Jun!

From the first moment I joined, you welcomed me.
Thanks for bringing together this community.

Mary

aikidodragon 12-10-2006 10:31 PM

Thank you for this place. Aikiweb is a beautiful thing. And is is a grate way to pass time during a boring class as well.

P.S Thanks for not throwing me off because my screen reader and spell check don't get along. or maybe i'm not smart enough to make it work yet.

anyway thank you vary much

Mark Freeman 12-11-2006 04:55 PM

I'd like to add my name to the list of appreciative forum users, thanks Jun!

perhaps the best way to show appreciation is to (if you can) get that gold star by your name, it's very little to give for a great deal in return. :)

regards,

Mark

ChrisHein 12-12-2006 09:41 AM

I'd like to say thanks as well, you do a lot of really good work here.

-Chris Hein

Adam Alexander 12-15-2006 02:05 PM

Thanks Jun!

I've really appreciated all the ways I've benefited from Aikiweb and it's members.

I've gotten an incredible amount of technical advice and guidance, some serious mental advice and a connection to Aikido even though I don't train anymore.

One of the things I've really appreciated is that all I've needed was a stamp and a money order and you've accepted what I could send over my couple membership periods.

Very cool. Very easy.