Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the
world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to
over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a
wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history,
humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.
If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced
features available, you will need to register first. Registration is
absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!
i presented for my shodan grading yesterday. i still have not really processed the whole thing yet, but i don't actually remember thinking very much during the grading. it was pleasantly quiet inside except a select few loud thoughts that i remember having...
1) "ow, my thighs are caning!" - just after the first set of hanmi-hantachi techniques
2) "no time! no time!" - while being rushed by 3 ukes during randori.
3) "ouch! damn, how am i going to explain this bruise at work tommorow?" - after being hit right below the eye with a bokken.
4) "oops, that's embarassing!" - after doing a couple of sutemi nage instead of sumi otoshi.
5) "hallelujah, it's over!" - when instructed to perform kokyu-ho.