PDA

View Full Version : is aikido considered a personal philosop

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

karim\\\
03-11-2006, 08:14 PM
is aikido considered a personal philosopy of it's founder?? like bruce lee's jeet kune do it's a streetfigthing philosophy to be shapless formless like water to flow with any situation i think that's is what aikido is all about actually the whole far eastern culture right??

karim\\\
03-11-2006, 10:26 PM
ooooooooook whaddya people think??

David Anderson
03-12-2006, 09:03 AM
is aikido considered a personal philosopy of it's founder?? like bruce lee's jeet kune do it's a streetfigthing philosophy to be shapless formless like water to flow with any situation i think that's is what aikido is all about actually the whole far eastern culture right??

Karim -- This is a VERY BIG QUESTION... O Sensei was a follower of Omoto Ryu Shintoism and its leader Onisoburo Deguchi...a thoroughly goofy, although good-hearted religion. Aikido was developed as a direct result of O Sensei's spiritual and ethical beliefs and their impact on his martial art practice.

However you don't have to buy the whole philosophical farm to practice Aikido. It is enough to commit yourself to a non-violent form of Budo, never harming your enemies, and always striving to make the world a better place. Dead easy, right? :cool:

SeiserL
03-12-2006, 11:35 AM
IMHO, Aikido and JKD can be very conceptually based and accepted/adapted to your personal philosophy.

karim\\\
03-12-2006, 01:04 PM
Karim -- This is a VERY BIG QUESTION... O Sensei was a follower of Omoto Ryu Shintoism and its leader Onisoburo Deguchi...a thoroughly goofy, although good-hearted religion. Aikido was developed as a direct result of O Sensei's spiritual and ethical beliefs and their impact on his martial art practice.

However you don't have to buy the whole philosophical farm to practice Aikido. It is enough to commit yourself to a non-violent form of Budo, never harming your enemies, and always striving to make the world a better place. Dead easy, right? :cool:
ya i think ur right, but i mean that aikido is about adapting ur own budo form till it eventually become ur own style coz in a real fight u move according to the situation and i think every body can learn aiikido it doesn't matter if he is short,tall or even crippled right??

karim\\\
03-12-2006, 01:05 PM
IMHO, Aikido and JKD can be very conceptually based and accepted/adapted to your personal philosophy.
ya i agree