PDA

View Full Version : Music?

Pages : [1] 2

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Nick Simpson
03-08-2006, 01:03 PM
Ok Im bored, so I wondered what do other aikidoka/the people of this board like to listen to?

Personally I'll listen to anything, These are my absolute favourite bands/artists:

Refused. The Get Up Kids. New Order/Joy Divison. Interpol. Ryan Adams. Minus The Bear. Botch. Johnny Truant. Bob Dylan. Bruce Springsteen. Whiskeytown. Coldplay. Death Cab For Cutie.

I could list millions and millions, but I hate it when people do that, so the above is just the absolute best for me. I like any type of rock an pop music: The Smiths, The Cure, Radiohead etc etc.

METAL: The Red Chord, Between the Buried And Me, Johnny Truant, Darkest Hour.

DANCE: New Order, LCD Soundsystem, The Prodigy.

ELECTRONICA: The Postal Service or anything glitchy with beats and nintendoish pieces.

COUNTRTY/FOLK: Neil Young, Whiskeytwon, Wilco, Cat Stevens, Johnny Cash.

JAZZ: Miles Davis, Charlie Parker.

PUNK/HARDCORE: The Clash, Refused, Botch, Give Up The Ghost, J R Ewing, Poison The Well.

POST-HARDCORE: At The Drive In, Thursday, Anatomy Of A Ghost, Thrice.

POST-ROCK: My Bloody Valentine, Sigur Ros, Mogwai.

CLASSICAL: Mozart, Beethoven.

Im a big Beatles and Rolling Stones fan also. I like just good music of any variety.

I prolly forgot a load of stuff, but, ya know. yeah.

Dajo251
03-08-2006, 11:46 PM
I really dig between the buried and me, kinda a metal jam band and Iove it, hmm music I like, wow its a long list, right now I am re-hooked on Tool and A perdect Circle, other stuff I like, Hendrix, Zepplin, the who, the Door, I am big into the local scene, I roadie for a local band if anyone wants to check them out their website is www.myspace.com/theentrance they are kinda jazz, metal, progressive industrial......hmmm there is tons and tons of other stuff too

ESimmons
03-09-2006, 12:34 AM
Johann Sebastian Bach
George Thorogood and the Destroyers

Mark Freeman
03-09-2006, 04:37 AM
Johann Sebastian Bach
George Thorogood and the Destroyers

A short but very sweet list Eric ;)

As I type this CSNY's Deja Vu on the stereo, rest of the day:

Jehst - UK Hip Hop
Ozric Tentacles - Spaced out rock
Pat Metheny - Jazz
Brand X - Fusion
Roots Manuva - UK Hip Hop
Joni Mitchell - trancending all genres
Nils Petter Molvaer - Nu Jazz

A whole different bunch tomorrow :)

Pauliina Lievonen
03-09-2006, 05:05 AM
I'm a musician, so I don't listen to music much. :D

kvaak
Pauliina

Nick Simpson
03-09-2006, 06:45 AM
I really dig between the buried and me

How can anyone not like a band that use a Transformers voice on one of their songs?

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Hip Hop eh Mark? I dont know much about hip hop at all (i listened to alot of commerical in the 90's, fugees, wycleff, will smith etc etc) But I do like 'Endtroducing' by DJ shadow, though thats more like trip hop I spose...

James Davis
03-09-2006, 11:16 AM
I happen to have my CD case handy, so I'll list the stuff I love most. The bands with a * next to them, I've seen live.

Alice In Chains
Bad Religion*
Cake
The Corrs
The Doobie Brothers
The Doors
Fleetwood Mac
Foo Fighters
Garbage
Gass Huffer
Goldfinger
Jimi Hendrix
DJ Huda Hudia
Incubus
Less Than Jake*
Linkin Park
Meat Puppets
NOFX
Offspring
Operation Ivy
Outkast
Pantera
PENNYWISE* (My favorite punk band. I got to sing 'Bro Hymn' on stage with them; that was a great day. :D )
The Pixies
Prodigy
Rage Against The Machine*
Rancid*
Roni Size
Save Ferris*
Screeching Weasel
Sevendust
Smashing Pumpkins
Stone Temple Pilots
Sublime
Toad The Wet Sprocket
Toadies
Weezer
White Zombie
X-ecutioners

Yes, I know; they're in alphabetical order. :rolleyes: I'm a file clerk and a freak to boot. I can't even walk through a record store without moving things to their correct place. The first step to recovery is admitting that I have a problem. :)

Nick Simpson
03-09-2006, 11:27 AM
I can't even walk through a record store without moving things to their correct place.

I do that too, often while muttering about the incompetant staff and inconsiderate customers...

Today I have been mostly listening to:

Ryan Adams - Love Is Hell.
Ryan Adams - Demolition.
Death Cab For Cutie - The John Byrd EP.
Death Cab For Cutie - You Can Play These Songs With Chords.
Beecher - Breaking The Fourth Wall.

Mark Freeman
03-09-2006, 01:00 PM
Hip Hop eh Mark? I dont know much about hip hop at all (i listened to alot of commerical in the 90's, fugees, wycleff, will smith etc etc) But I do like 'Endtroducing' by DJ shadow, though thats more like trip hop I spose...

Weird :freaky: I was listening to Endtroducing by DJ Shadow when I logged on to this thread :freaky:

I have two son's 16 & 20 and they have been making me listen to their music for years, and some of it I have grown to like. They are just getting me back for all the Dad Rock that I made them listen to when they were not in a position to argue!

Music.... :cool: :cool: :cool: :D :cool: :cool: :cool: !!!

Dajo251
03-09-2006, 01:27 PM
I happen to have my CD case handy, so I'll list the stuff I love most. The bands with a * next to them, I've seen live.

Alice In Chains
Bad Religion*
Cake
The Corrs
The Doobie Brothers
The Doors
Fleetwood Mac
Foo Fighters
Garbage
Gass Huffer
Goldfinger
Jimi Hendrix
DJ Huda Hudia
Incubus
Less Than Jake*
Linkin Park
Meat Puppets
NOFX
Offspring
Operation Ivy
Outkast
Pantera
PENNYWISE* (My favorite punk band. I got to sing 'Bro Hymn' on stage with them; that was a great day. :D )
The Pixies
Prodigy
Rage Against The Machine*
Rancid*
Roni Size
Save Ferris*
Screeching Weasel
Sevendust
Smashing Pumpkins
Stone Temple Pilots
Sublime
Toad The Wet Sprocket
Toadies
Weezer
White Zombie
X-ecutioners

Yes, I know; they're in alphabetical order. :rolleyes: I'm a file clerk and a freak to boot. I can't even walk through a record store without moving things to their correct place. The first step to recovery is admitting that I have a problem. :)
that looks alot like my CD collection.....

Nick Simpson
03-09-2006, 01:28 PM
Haha, cool. That is weird about Endtroducing though...

I have a similar thing going with my dad, he brought me up on the stones, beatles, eagles and now I got him hooked on Ryan Adams, Interpol, Death Cab For Cutie and stuff.

Michael O'Brien
03-09-2006, 04:37 PM
Outkast
Kid Rock
Eminem
Lords of Acid
Nickelback
Nelly
Black Eyed Peas
Styx
AC/DC
Night Ranger
Aerosmith
Journey
Twisted Sister
Linkin Park
Meatloaf

An odd mix I know, but I've been told I'm odder than most so it fits.

daverun
03-10-2006, 05:28 PM
Traditional Japanese music
Most classic rock
Classical
Hampton and the Hampsters
The Offsping
Mudvayne
Godsmack
Incubus
Modest Mouse
Deftones
A Perfect Circle
Foo Fighters
Filter
Aphex Twins
Orbital
Zero7
Staind
Unwritten Law

Just to name a few types and bands

Psufencer
03-11-2006, 08:35 AM
Hmmm...

According to my computer, the last few musicians I've been listening to are Pete Yorn, Disturbed, Handel and Susan Tedeschi...cultural groin-pull there, I suppose... :D

Cheers!

doronin
03-13-2006, 02:12 AM
Anyone visits or posts on audiogon.com once in a while?

Nick Simpson
03-15-2006, 09:09 AM
I dont use any of those online radio services but I have friends who use audioscrobbler and lastfm, they look quite cool. but Im old fashioned and listen to all my music on CD (crazy eh?).

Im listening to fightstars album and its not actually that bad. It's blatant post-hardcore bandwagoneering but they do it quite well if not too originally. Good keys and strings, lovely production. Not bad considering they have a third of busted in their ranks...

doronin
03-15-2006, 09:17 AM
Radio services?

Nick Simpson
03-15-2006, 09:32 AM
Is it just a forum? I assumed it was like audioscrobbler which logs what you listen to, how often and compiles a chart of your top artists and favourite tracks etc etc.

Meggy Gurova
03-26-2006, 01:24 PM
I listen to
Salsa
Merengue
Bachata
All cuban music
African salsa
Forro
Samba
Capoeira (off course, I`m a capoeirista)
All other latin music
Flamenco
Sevillanas
Brazilian funk
My favorites are:
Orchestra Baobab, Compay Segundo, and all the other old cuban guys.

Nick Simpson
03-27-2006, 04:07 AM
Ryan Adams - Rock N' Roll.
Ryan Adams & The Cardinals - Jacksonville City Nights.
The Two Gallants - What The Toll Tells.
November Coming Fire - Dungeness.

HooverGurl
03-28-2006, 12:32 AM
Music, next to Aikido of course, is life. I'm a rock baby, what can i say? My most fav bands that i can think of right now at this very early hour are:
Beatles
Men at Work
America
Bad Company
Blue Oyster Cult
Lynard Skynard (tho how can you be from AL and NOT like Skynard? tho, i love him b/c i'm a free bird ;) )
Cold
Staind
Crossfade
Nickelback
H.I.M.
Linkin Park
Story of the Year
Hoobastank
Saliva
Trapt
Foo Fighters
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Shinedown
Seether
Tonic
Snow Patrol
Smile Empty Soul
Green Day
Fall Out Boy
Jimmy Eat World

And for my lighter side:
Jack's Mannequin
Tylyer Hilton
Bethany Joy Lenz
Ashlee Simpson
Keith Urban
Dierks Bentley

See? Even my signature is a song quote! :)

Nick Simpson
03-29-2006, 03:07 AM
Im seeing a disturbing trend for nu-metal in alot of peoples lists...

Nick Simpson
03-30-2006, 10:41 AM
Today:

The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead.
November Coming Fire - Dungeness.
The Two Gallants - What The Toll Tells.
Ryan Adams - Rock N' Roll.
Embrace - This New Day.

HooverGurl
03-30-2006, 10:45 AM
Currently: Cold, Puddle of Mud, and 10 Years. I'm in class right now, which, of course, is a blast. But it does make it easier to alternate the song that's stuck in my head. This morning, it was Nickelback and the One Tree Hill soundtrack vol. 2

Nick Simpson
03-30-2006, 10:51 AM
This morning, it was Nickelback

My deepest sympathies.

Nick Simpson
03-30-2006, 11:09 AM
Now:

Johnny Truant - The Repercussions Of A Badly Planned Suicide.

HooverGurl
03-30-2006, 05:06 PM
My deepest sympathies.

that's harsh! I'll have you know that Nickelback is, quite possibly, my all time fav band!!!! :)

Nick Simpson
03-31-2006, 06:58 AM
Oh well, I spose statistically it has to happen to someone ;)

HooverGurl
03-31-2006, 09:51 AM
LOL. My theme for the day: Far Away by Nickelback. It seems appropriate for my mood

Nick Simpson
03-31-2006, 10:22 AM
Morrissey - You Are The Qaurry.

Im really excited about the new album dropping on monday!

James Davis
03-31-2006, 12:43 PM
I just finished listening to some Bad Religion. If I didn't have my radio in my office, I think I'd hurt someone before the day was over!

HooverGurl
03-31-2006, 07:21 PM
I'm really in a Godsmack mood right now....that or Cold.....

jacob wood
04-01-2006, 12:48 AM
im really into sonic youth and the crystal skulls as of right now, and Entroducing is always gonna be up there on my list

HooverGurl
04-01-2006, 05:41 PM
This morning it was Savin' Me by Nickelback and Staind's Chapter V, tracks 2, 4, 5, 7, and especially 8 & 9. But now its Teddy Geiger, Kelly Clarkston, Bowling for Soup (mainly Ohio (Come Back to Texas)) and 90's Dance hits....great stuff

HooverGurl
04-02-2006, 01:56 PM
ok, so my soundtrack for the day hasnt changed much from yesterday's except add Cold to the list of artists

Nick Simpson
04-03-2006, 04:43 AM
If I didn't have my radio in my office, I think I'd hurt someone before the day was over!

Concur. Oh wait, I havent got a radio at work!

James Davis
04-03-2006, 11:35 AM
Concur. Oh wait, I havent got a radio at work!
Just don't get a horrible song in your head and you'll be fine. :)

Dajo251
04-03-2006, 12:06 PM
my current playlist in my car at the moment(I know some of the names of some of the songs by Mindless self indulgence may be offensive to people, but their songs are all very tounge in cheek, for example the song back mask is all about killing your self if you dont get what you want, but if you play it backwards it says stuff like "clean your room""eat you vegetables""do your homework" so please dont be offended)

1. Red cloud revival - warriors of the rainbow
2. Dog fashion Disco - Leper Friend
3. mc chris - fetts vett
4. Mindless Self indulgence- Back Mask
5. Donnybrook- grey sketch of red
6. Kanerko - communications break down
7. mc chris - Hijack
8. Mindless Self Indulgence - revenge
9. Red Cloud Revival - Wardog suit
10. Donnybrook- a whispers decline
11. Red Cloud revival- worse then teething
12. Mindless self indulgence - last gay song
13. kanerko - hollow
14. mc chris - geek
15. Dog fashion Disco - 9 to 5 at the morgue
16. Mindless Self indulgence - Revenge
17. Donnybrook - radio killed the underground star
18. Mindless self indulgence- faggot
19. Mindless self indulgence - tight
20. Donnybrook- poetic tight fist

HooverGurl
04-03-2006, 12:31 PM
you know when you're really tired and you get a song stuck in your head and it just wont go away? well, i'm exhausted and i'm singing the tune of Oh My Darlin' Clementine but the words are "It no workey, it no workey, it no workey for me. It no workey, it no workey, it no workey for me". somebody help me....i need a new song!

Patrick Crane
04-03-2006, 01:58 PM
Great Topic!!

Favorites........

What I'm listening to today: Silvertide
Metal: Judas Priest
80's Pop: The GoGo's, Pat Benatar
80's New Wave: Depeche Mode
Sinead O'Connor: Sinead O'Connor
Classical: Bach
Classic Rock: Kiss
Classic Metal: Black Sabbath

Ultimate Guitar God: Eddie VanHalen
Ultimate Bass God: Cliff Burton
Ultimate Drum God: Neal Peart
Ultimate Keyboard God: Ray Manzarek
Ultimate Vocal God: Roy Orbison
Ultimate Tour Warrior: Ozzy
Ultimate Showman: Elvis

James Davis
04-03-2006, 04:59 PM
you know when you're really tired and you get a song stuck in your head and it just wont go away? well, i'm exhausted and i'm singing the tune of Oh My Darlin' Clementine but the words are "It no workey, it no workey, it no workey for me. It no workey, it no workey, it no workey for me". somebody help me....i need a new song!
You certainly do. :)

HooverGurl
04-03-2006, 10:01 PM
well, i got a nap this afternoon, so now i'm singing Everytime We Touch and Miracle by Cascade and Cold (But I'm Still Here) by Evans Blue. things are much better now :)

Nick Simpson
04-04-2006, 05:36 AM
Depeche Mode

Hmmm, Yes.

Morrissey - Ringleader Of The Tormentors.

merlynn
04-04-2006, 06:29 AM
gees where do i start well i mainley listen to 60s and 70s stuff like abba , carpenters, i like a bit of kenny rodgers , cat stevens i have even been know to listen to gregorian chants now and then! i also like to listen to native american songs ( sacred spirits) welll thats about it:D

Steve Mullen
04-04-2006, 07:06 AM
im mostly listening to unsigned bands from the local area at the mo, my three favousirte at the minute are

The hour - indie stuff (watch this space, these guys could be HUGE in a few months)
Black Ramp - indie
PapaMofoMan - Kind of synth jazz fusion stuff

But my favourite song of the moment is

The Hour: Something I'm not

http://www.channel4.com/apps26/userpages/UserPage/bands/viewUserPage?resourceId=492007piq

LadyLailah
04-04-2006, 07:23 AM
I very much doubt anyone would have heard of anything on my list, so I won't bore you ;)

I'm surprised to see Metallica not mentioned(!)

And sorry but, I do have a soft spot for Chad Kroeger :)

Steve Mullen
04-04-2006, 08:01 AM
Silver side up was their best offering (nickleback that is)

LadyLailah
04-04-2006, 09:40 AM
Yes I like that album. Though I tend to skip over "Never Again"

HooverGurl
04-04-2006, 09:46 AM
Silver side up was their best offering (nickleback that is)

No sir! All the Right Reasons is definitely their best albumn! Its just the best! Especially Savin' Me and If Everyone Cared. Great stuff right there!!!! :D

Nick Simpson
04-04-2006, 09:54 AM
cat stevens

I love Cat.

Steve, listen to DARTZ!

Come on Victoria, stop trying to look all elite and post what your listening to/like.

I'm surprised to see Metallica not mentioned

Theres a reason for that: Their sh*t.

Whats with the Nickelback love? Srsly, theyare like such a non entity it's amazing. Bland supermarket music for the terminally dull.

LadyLailah
04-04-2006, 10:12 AM
1. That's quite a vicious attack on peoples music taste isn't it?
2. I wasn't trying to be elite, I honestly don't think my taste would be very known, or shared. But if you insist:

Funker Vogt
Suicide Commando
Dunkelwerk
Grendel
V2A
God Module
Flesh Field
SITD
The Retrosic
Combichrist
Hocico
Cephalgy
Accessory
Solitary Experiments
Sheep on Drugs
Laibach
Midnight Configuration

To name a few

Nick Simpson
04-04-2006, 10:18 AM
I'd like to think of it more as an attack on Nickelback. Interesting list, thanks for sharing.

LadyLailah
04-04-2006, 10:36 AM
Do you know any of them? Would be interesting if you did.
I used to be very into rock, old and new. Then more into metal which got heavier until I burst out into "bleeps". I still edge back towards guitars rather than bleeps, which is where Nightwish are good, you know them(?) They're inbetween the rock/metal/darkwave genres, probably an acquired taste, but talented none the less :)

HooverGurl
04-04-2006, 10:45 AM
I like V2A. Good stuff. I feel outnumbered! Ahhhh!

James Davis
04-04-2006, 12:26 PM
I like V2A. Good stuff. I feel outnumbered! Ahhhh!
Don't let them scare you. :p

Nick Simpson
04-04-2006, 02:52 PM
I've heard of God Module and a couple of others but Im only dimly aware what their about. Those bands are mostly sort of electronica and tech sorts me thinks? Nightwish I know of, their pretty big in Europe, they did well on the back of Evanescence (who did well off the back of Lacuna Coil, but thats another story).

I feel outnumbered!

Sorry Kyrsten, dont mind me, Im just grouchy and l33t.

HooverGurl
04-04-2006, 06:54 PM
Nick, darlin', i was just kidding....kinda. Its all in good fun, which is all that matters. :D

Nick Simpson
04-05-2006, 10:42 AM
I bought both versions of Morrissey's single just to get all the B-Sides, even though I have the album! It's a disease, please help me!

Steve Mullen
04-05-2006, 10:46 AM
Hi there boyo, have you listened to 'something im not' yet, just follow the link, jazztan by papamofoman might be to your liking too, its on the same site as the link

James Davis
04-05-2006, 11:34 AM
I bought both versions of Morrissey's single just to get all the B-Sides, even though I have the album! It's a disease, please help me!
The first step is admitting you have a problem...

Nick Simpson
04-05-2006, 12:21 PM
I have a problem. I have to own everything by any artist I like, except if they made one good album then some crap ones (but I still find it hard not to complete the set).

MikeLogan
04-05-2006, 02:37 PM
arcade fire
crooked finger
delgados
pogues
shins
death cab
rimsky-korsakov,
plus a whole load more, and old stuff everyone listens to but no one ever admits in threads like this; but talking about your favorite bands is a lot like talking about your favorite dojos, you're only cool when you've been to dojo's no one else has heard of yet :P

oh, and cake 'mexico' is playing right now on the headphones...

Nick Simpson
04-05-2006, 02:50 PM
arcade fire

death cab

Nice.

James Davis
04-05-2006, 05:34 PM
I have a problem. I have to own everything by any artist I like, except if they made one good album then some crap ones (but I still find it hard not to complete the set).
That, my friend, is what the record companies are counting on. ;)

Nick Simpson
04-06-2006, 06:03 AM
:(

Nick Simpson
04-06-2006, 06:36 AM
Mogwai tonight!

merlynn
04-06-2006, 09:27 AM
I love Cat.

Steve, listen to DARTZ!

Come on Victoria, stop trying to look all elite and post what your listening to/like.

Theres a reason for that: Their sh*t.

Whats with the Nickelback love? Srsly, theyare like such a non entity it's amazing. Bland supermarket music for the terminally dull.

omg that is seriously rude :mad: evileyes :disgust: :disgust:

Nick Simpson
04-06-2006, 09:29 AM
Whats your favourite Cat Stevens album then? Mines probably Tea For The Tillerman.

merlynn
04-06-2006, 09:31 AM
each to there own is what i always say, btw nick cat stevens rocks :D :cool:

Nick Simpson
04-06-2006, 09:32 AM
Answer the question then!

merlynn
04-06-2006, 09:33 AM
i never like a particular album of any artist just individual songs :p

Nick Simpson
04-06-2006, 09:34 AM
Bah.

merlynn
04-06-2006, 09:35 AM
ha ha i do like streets of london

aikido_luver
04-06-2006, 05:29 PM
i really like my heavy metal and rock music and well, a mixture of things i guess...

Korn
System of a Down,
Drowning Pool,
Static X,
Slipknot,
Linkin Park,
Nickleback,
Evanescence
Kelly Clarkson,
Cat Stevens.

lol, i write lyrics, (used to for a band before they broke up) so i tend to like music, some people dont coz of the lyrics as well.
:D

HooverGurl
04-06-2006, 05:51 PM
Korn
System of a Down,
Linkin Park,
Nickleback,
Evanescence
Kelly Clarkson,

omg! there's finally someone else who likes nickelback! i'm so excited. you are now my new fav person!!! and i love kelly clarkston and evanescence....i love evanescence enough to buy the cd twice in less than a year......

Nick Simpson
04-06-2006, 05:58 PM
i love evanescence enough to buy the cd twice in less than a year

Why?

It's like Nu-metal never died on here. Eurgh.

HooverGurl
04-06-2006, 09:27 PM
its b/c its good stuff! and i had to buy it twice b/c i left the first copy in the hotel cd player in austin, tx while there on vacay and didnt figure out where i had left it for several weeks and by the time i had, it was no longer in that hotel cd player.

jacob wood
04-06-2006, 11:05 PM
have you guys heard of within temptation? I think they are an Irish band and they sound a lot like Evanescence. The two songs i can think of by them is mother earth and stand my ground.

Nick Simpson
04-07-2006, 07:11 AM
i had to buy it twice b/c i left the first copy in the hotel cd player in austin, tx while there on vacay and didnt figure out where i had left it for several weeks and by the time i had, it was no longer in that hotel cd player

Ah, I see.

have you guys heard of within temptation? I think they are an Irish band and they sound a lot like Evanescence. The two songs i can think of by them is mother earth and stand my ground.

Gladly no.

www.myspace.com/johnnytruant

proper metal. Listen.

Hmm, I wish I had my botch cd's with me...

James Davis
04-07-2006, 11:31 AM
I've never heard of them, but when I want to listen to something soft I sometimes listen to The Corrs, also an Irish band.

I tend to like their more traditional instrumental stuff than the pop love songs. :rolleyes:

James Davis
04-07-2006, 11:42 AM
It's like Nu-metal never died on here. Eurgh.
Nick, I used to photograph concerts. When you look out from behind the band at the crowd, you see that there are plenty of people that like that band...

...no matter who they are. :rolleyes:

People have different tastes. Sometimes very different. :p

If not, Morrissey might have starved to death. :D

merlynn
04-07-2006, 12:52 PM
gees i was so born in the wrong era!!!!! alot of theses groups you are talking about Ive never even heared of here i was thinking they were ingredients to a Hungarian goulash until i read the title of this thread :rolleyes: :p :D :confused:

James Davis
04-07-2006, 05:37 PM
gees i was so born in the wrong era!!!!! alot of theses groups you are talking about Ive never even heared of here i was thinking they were ingredients to a Hungarian goulash until i read the title of this thread :rolleyes: :p :D :confused:
Mmmm. Goulash. :drool:

Dajo251
04-07-2006, 11:48 PM
Ok listening to today in my car

Mindless Self Indulgence - You'll rebel to anything
Nine Inch Nails - With_teeth
A perfect Circle - Mer De Noms

merlynn
04-08-2006, 02:59 AM

:confused: :confused: nope dont know them either :confused: :confused:

HooverGurl
04-08-2006, 12:39 PM

dont know Mindless Self Indulgence, but LOVE NIN and Perfect Circle.....my tracks for the day are all hiphop....ying yang twins, gucci mane, luda, anything i can get my hands on ;) :cool:

merlynn
04-08-2006, 02:38 PM
dont know Mindless Self Indulgence, but LOVE NIN and Perfect Circle.....my tracks for the day are all hiphop....ying yang twins, gucci mane, luda, anything i can get my hands on ;) :cool:

:confused: :confused: ok is any of you gonna speak english some time who are these people?? :confused: :confused:

justinc
04-08-2006, 09:26 PM
I'm a classical musician by training (bassoon, clarinet and sax are primary instruments), so needless to say I don't listen to any classical music. I find it hard to listen to someone else playing - I criticize way too much.

Thus, my music collection consists of about 600 odd albums of techno covering pretty much the entire spectrum from old-skool (Jarre et al) to hard house (what I used to dance to for pocket money for a while), ambient, and hardcore. Hip-hop doesn't grab me much except for the occasional tune. Occasionally I'll break out an album of 80s or 90's Australian rock - Jimmy Barnes, Midnight Oil, Crowded House, REM etc. But, mostly it's electronic.

Dajo251
04-09-2006, 02:51 PM
:confused: :confused: ok is any of you gonna speak english some time who are these people?? :confused: :confused:
these should help
www.mindlessselfindulgence.com
www.nin.com
www.aperfectcircle.com

merlynn
04-09-2006, 03:34 PM
just checked the links daniel and all i can say is what the f*** are they? they a bunchof weirdos

Dajo251
04-09-2006, 09:35 PM
Mindless Self indulgence is a little on the out there side, thats one of the reason I love them so

James Davis
04-10-2006, 11:36 AM
what the f*** are they? they a bunchof weirdos
Yup, that about sums it up. :D

Every nation has their wierdos, Karen; look around you. ;)

merlynn
04-10-2006, 11:41 AM
Yup, that about sums it up. :D

Every nation has their wierdos, Karen; look around you. ;)

lol and im looking directly at you :p :D lol na loves ya really

James Davis
04-11-2006, 12:20 PM
lol and im looking directly at you :p :D lol na loves ya really
:uch:

Well, if you're looking at me, you'll see this...

:p *sticking tongue out* :p

merlynn
04-11-2006, 02:54 PM
:uch:

Well, if you're looking at me, you'll see this...

:p *sticking tongue out* :p

lol well if i have seen that then you can see this
:p back at ya:p

Nick Simpson
04-12-2006, 12:54 PM
Trent Reznor is teh good. True, while Morrissey may not be to everyones tastes, he doesnt have to prove anything (he was in the smiths ya know).

HooverGurl
04-18-2006, 04:05 PM
has anybody seen the music video for what hurts the most by rascal flatts? OMG! that is one of the sweetest songs but the video will make you cry :( :( :(

James Davis
04-18-2006, 04:48 PM
has anybody seen the music video for what hurts the most by rascal flatts? OMG! that is one of the sweetest songs but the video will make you cry :( :( :(
Nope, haven't caught that one, but then I haven't watched a stitch of music videos for a couple of years at least.

I'm not into sad stuff anyway.

HooverGurl
04-18-2006, 08:14 PM
Nope, haven't caught that one, but then I haven't watched a stitch of music videos for a couple of years at least.

dude, i watch music videos all the time. they're tons of fun! and this really is a good one. the guy that dies in it looks exactly, and i mean EXACTLY, like this guy i know, which makes the video even more sad :(

Dajo251
04-19-2006, 09:49 AM
hmmm I found a place to download the new tool albume since it leaked, should I download it?

Dajo251
04-19-2006, 11:09 AM
Im a bad man, but so far its really good...only one song into it though

James Davis
04-19-2006, 11:15 AM
Im a bad man, but so far its really good...only one song into it though
Dan, you ought to be ashamed!! :eek:

Maynard needs your money for his drugs! :D

cck
04-19-2006, 11:25 AM
Right now, I have some data entry to do, and I am listening to Khaled's albums N'Ssi N'Ssi and Sahra; makes me wanna dance.

James Davis
04-19-2006, 11:30 AM
Right now, I have some data entry to do, and I am listening to Khaled's albums N'Ssi N'Ssi and Sahra; makes me wanna dance.
Be careful that you don't bop around too much in your chair; any co-workers that happen by will probably think that you have to pee. :D

Dajo251
04-19-2006, 12:03 PM
Dan, you ought to be ashamed!! :eek:

Maynard needs your money for his drugs! :DI'll buy it when it comes out, I just couldnt resist the option to hear it now

cck
04-19-2006, 12:47 PM
It's the singing that gets to them, though...

James Davis
04-20-2006, 11:57 AM
I'll buy it when it comes out, I just couldnt resist the option to hear it now
Ok, Daniel; no pressure. :D

Nick Simpson
05-02-2006, 08:05 AM
Mogwai made my ears bleed with their scottish noise wall. It was nice though.

Ooh, loads of stuff over the hols, mostly:

Morrissey - Ringleader Of The Tormentors.
Morrissey - Suedehead.
Nightmare Of You - ST.
Death Cab For Cutie - The Photo Album.
Envy - All The Footprints You've Ever Left And The Fear Expecting Ahead.
New Order - Get Ready.

More recently:

Between The Buried And Me - The Silent Circus.
Taking Back Sunday - Louder Now.
Sigur Ros - Takk.
Thrice - Vheissu.
Armor For Sleep - Dream To Make Believe.
Armor For Sleep - What To Do When You Are Dead.
The Strokes - First Impressions Of Earth.
Embrace - This New Day.

New Taking Back Sunday is pretty pants, I dont understand why this band still gets hyped up and why it got 5 stars off Kerrang! Oh, wait...

Nightmare Of You is excellent, came out last year in the US but I just got a copy. American ode to Britpop, with a big Smiths influence. Singer sounds like Billie Joe out of Green Day, but dont let that put you off.

Have fallen in love with Takk again. Had this album forages but hadnt really listened to it properly. Hoppipolla is the most beautiful piece of music ever.

The new strokes I've had since it came out but hadnt really listened. First half is great, second half is yawn.

HooverGurl
05-02-2006, 10:13 AM
Its finals week and i'm so stressed out that i'm sick and the fact that i'm not sleeping b/c i have to study is not helping matters and for some reason i'm really into the angrier music.

Cold: Suffocate
Cold: Happens all the Time
Cold: Stupid Girl
Godsmack: Speak
anything by Evanescence
Three Days Grace
Staind

I know there's more but i cant really think of what it is right now....going to bed at 5:30 and getting up at 7:30 will do that to ya

Steve Mullen
05-02-2006, 10:28 AM
much respect with the default lyrics, i saw them when they had just signed to roadrunner records (or was it 604, i can't remember) but they were supporting nickleback, as it was chad kroeger's label they signed to orginally, really good stuff.

HooverGurl
05-02-2006, 07:12 PM
much respect with the default lyrics, i saw them when they had just signed to roadrunner records (or was it 604, i can't remember) but they were supporting nickleback, as it was chad kroeger's label they signed to orginally, really good stuff.

thanks!! you are my hero!!! i absolutely love both default and nickelback....they're great for just abt every mood a person can be in.

Nick Simpson
05-03-2006, 01:47 AM
Steve, thats the kind of talk that can make me love you less. Like that time at freshers fair when the rock society were playing 'New Noise' by Refused and you said: 'That guys nearly as good at screaming as Chester from Linkin Park!' I had to walk away...

Steve Mullen
05-04-2006, 10:14 AM
oh but the drunken outpouring of love for a rock balad only got a grunt of dismay. nick, have you heard dylan has got his own show on the radio, its on a digital chanel in the states, ima going to find out where, he has already done one, apparently the tracks he chooses are going to be on themes, the first one was the weather

(the wind cries mary, hendrix)
(blow wind blow, muddy waters etc) sounds good. i hope you can download as it will probably be on at some obscene time due to time difference

Nick Simpson
05-05-2006, 03:30 AM
Yeah I heard about that
the other day, cant remember where though. Sounds interesting, though Im stuggling to Imagine Bobs voice on the radio...

Steve Mullen
05-05-2006, 04:46 AM
can you imagine him doing a local news round-up, or the weather, how cool would that be

*imagines for a moment then collapses into hysterics*

John (King John)
05-05-2006, 07:16 AM
Or commentating "It's a Knockout!"

Nick Simpson
05-08-2006, 05:37 AM
Well, I've seen him twice and he's not the most talkative of fellows, so Im imagining:

"Heres a song."

*Plays song*

"That was another song about the weather."

Nick Simpson
05-12-2006, 07:16 AM
Thursday - A City By The Light Divided.
Beecher - This Elegy, His Autopsy.
The Red Chord - Fused Together In Revolving Doors.
Beth Orton - Trailerpark.
Beth Orton - Central Reservation.
The Strokes - Room On Fire.
Polysics - Polysics Or Die!

New Thursday is greatness, album of the year so far.

Polysics are so much fun, everyone should listen to "Kaja Kaja Goo"!

Cleetus
05-12-2006, 07:39 AM
Ryan Adams - Rock N Roll

cck
05-12-2006, 10:13 AM
Friday AM:
Janis Joplin - Piece of My Heart - "come on, come on, come on and take it!"
Santana - Samba Pa Ti
Dire Straits - Wild West End

Dajo251
05-12-2006, 12:09 PM
I saw MSI in NYC last night...it was so much fun!!

Nick Simpson
05-15-2006, 05:36 AM
Msi?

Dajo251
05-15-2006, 12:48 PM
www.mindlessselfindulgence.com
www.myspace.com/mindlessselfindulgence

I dobut anyone will like them but here ya go

Nick Simpson
05-18-2006, 07:24 AM
Ryan Adams - 29.
Wilco - Being There.
The Cure - Greatest Hits.
The Replacements - All For Nothing.
Unearth - The Oncoming Storm.

Nick Simpson
05-22-2006, 04:42 AM
Venerari - The Boy With His Eyes In The Sky EP.
JR Ewing - Calling In Dead.
JR Ewing - Perfect Drama.
Minus The Bear - This Is What I Know About Being Gigantic.

daniel loughlin
05-26-2006, 05:13 AM
one of my fav's
http://www.myspace.com/bluebirdsuk

Nick Simpson
05-31-2006, 02:12 PM
Coldplay - X & Y.
Minus The Bear - This Is What I Know About Being Gigantic EP.
At The Drive In - Relationship Of Command.
Gnarls Barkley - St Elsewhere.
Give Up The Ghost - Year One.

Nick Simpson
06-02-2006, 07:31 AM
JR Ewing - Calling In Dead.
Refused - The Shape Of Punk To Come.
Fear Before The March Of Flames - Odd How People Shake.
Glassjaw - Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence.
Minus The Bear - Highly Refined Pirates.
Whiskeytown - Faithless Street.

HooverGurl
06-02-2006, 11:56 AM
all country, all the time. and 90s pop like backstreet boys and brittany spears....great music to jam out to while you're spring cleaning.....ah, i have no life........

Nick Simpson
06-05-2006, 04:29 AM
JR Ewing are splitting up after the summer. Gutted :(

In a world with few truly great 'punk' bands, we lose one more.

James Davis
06-06-2006, 11:38 AM
Gorillaz.

This CD is friggin' wierd, but I'm likin' it. :)

HooverGurl
06-06-2006, 09:07 PM
i love the Gorillaz.

Everything i own...everything from kelly clarkston and teddy geiger to now 4-21 to moulin rouge soundtrack to ying yang twins to rascal flatts....i was riding in a car for 6 1/2 hours...what else did i have to do?

HooverGurl
07-02-2006, 11:02 AM
umm.....dierks bentley, semisonic, savage garden

emma.mason15
07-02-2006, 05:12 PM
the Wurzels .....
and im seeing them in concert nxt month ...

*hangs head ...*
I know! I know!

Dajo251
07-02-2006, 09:16 PM
Saw NIN two weeks ago, absolutly amazing, probably the best live band I have ever seen,

listening to at the moment

Between the Buried and me- the anatomy of
CKY- Camp Vol 1
NIN- With_Teeth
SOund Garden- Super unknown
an random mix CD a friend of mine sent me....lots of weird stuff on it

Mike Hamer
07-02-2006, 10:23 PM
Icp

Jim ashby
07-03-2006, 02:32 AM
Went to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers last night. AWESOME.

Steve Mullen
07-03-2006, 08:49 AM
just bought some best of's that i cant wait to get started on

Bob Marley
Manic Street Preachers
Pantera

emma.mason15
07-03-2006, 05:06 PM
the dorset yetties ...
sesame streets "the abc"
the funky chicken
the tellytubbies
the tweenies go pop
and everyones personal fav .....the agadoo

Dajo251
07-05-2006, 10:02 AM
Icp
oh Im sorry to hear that....yeah really really sorry to hear that.......

Jeremy Hulley
07-05-2006, 10:53 AM
Currently
Be Good Tanyas
Bruce Springsteen "the seeger sessions"
tool 10,000 days
Fields of the Nephilim "mourn"
The Fading Collection
Sinead O'Connor "throw down your arms"
Nick Cave
Mors Syphilitica

in the last three or four days..

Dajo251
07-05-2006, 01:05 PM
a friend of mine just got me into this finnish industrial band....turmion katilot, good stuff,

Nick Simpson
07-12-2006, 03:30 AM
Between the Buried and me- the anatomy of

Good man.

Over the past week or two:

Hope Of The States - Left.
Hope Of The States - The Lost Riots.
Death Cab For Cutie - Transatlanticism.
Botch - We Are The Romans.
Darkest Hour - Undoing Ruin.
Between The Buried And Me - Alaska.
Sigur Ros - Takk.
The Bled - Found In The Flood.

Saw Death Cab again in leeds a couple of weeks ago, SO good. They played Title and Registration and I dont think I've ever been so happy!

Dajo251
07-17-2006, 02:29 PM
last week or so

Audioslave- self titled- damn I forgot how got this album is
Mindless Self Indulgence- Tight, and Frankenstein Girls Will Seem Strangly Sexy....also forgot how good these two albums were
Dog Fashion Disco- Anarchists in good taste, good stuff
Some random CD my girl has that is kinda cool jam bands type stuff, they cover bob marly so its all good

Mike Hamer
07-18-2006, 11:07 AM
oh Im sorry to hear that....yeah really really sorry to hear that.......

You know, just out of respect for Aikido and this forum, im not gonna say anything about it.

Guilty Spark
07-18-2006, 12:39 PM
Disturbed
Godsmack
System of a Down
Breaking Benjamin
Three Days Grace
Blackhawk down soundtrack

Nick Simpson
07-19-2006, 04:00 AM
Johnny Cash - American V: One Hundred Highways.
Cult Of Luna - Somewhere Along The Highway.
Thom Yorke - The Eraser.

Dajo251
07-20-2006, 11:35 PM
You know, just out of respect for Aikido and this forum, im not gonna say anything about it.
eh. Im a big fan of a to each their own policy but Im sorry I just cant stand ICP, alot of people feel the same way about MSI so...yeah I dont know Im tired and my train of thought was derailed.....but in conclusion listen to what you like and like what you listen to

oh yeah I just got home from seeing MSI for the 11th time....sooo soo good........

Dajo251
07-20-2006, 11:37 PM
Thom Yorke - The Eraser..how is tha?t I havent had a chance to check it out yet

HooverGurl
07-21-2006, 02:45 AM
i need music that will help me flush out my system, so to speak. i need some good jogging music. i'm going through a transition period and i'm feeling a lot of stuff and i just need something calming....maybe enya or celine dion.....

Dajo251
07-21-2006, 02:20 PM
hmmm not really my style but maybe tori amos would suit you.......When I need calming I tend to pop in Muddy Waters Live at Mr Kellys or Alice in Chains unplugged

James Davis
07-21-2006, 04:20 PM
i need music that will help me flush out my system, so to speak.
Like cranberry juice? :confused:

i need some good jogging music.
Roni Size - Reprazent New Forms

i'm going through a transition period and i'm feeling a lot of stuff and i just need something calming....
The first track can really hype you up, but the rest of the cd is good to zone out on...

...yet still keep jogging. ;)

maybe enya or celine dion.....
:yuck:

HooverGurl
07-21-2006, 09:34 PM
[QUOTE=James Davis, Jr.]Like cranberry juice? :confused:

dont be a smartass. ;)

Thanks for the suggestion...i'll definitely try it out!!! :D

And no dissing of the enya or celine dion! they're my heroes!!!

Nick Simpson
07-25-2006, 12:53 PM
Nick Simpson wrote:
Thom Yorke - The Eraser..

how is that? I havent had a chance to check it out yet

It's good, I like it. A very lazy but apt description is 'Kid A: Part 2', so If you like crazy, fractured electronica and Thom Yorke singing 'Im a dog on a leash', then this is the feel good album of the summer for you! Srsly tho, it's good.

i'm going through a transition period and i'm feeling a lot of stuff and i just need something calming....

Srsly Krysten, go and buy 'Takk' by 'Sigur Ros'. You wont be dissapointed. If you want to check out a song by them, download or whatever, get 'Hoppipolla'. It's amazing, beautiful and just sublime. It's been used to great effect over here by the BBC on a nature programmed advert featuring a snow lion running down a mountain from an avalanche. It's like the sound of nature. God that sounds G@y.

HooverGurl
08-02-2006, 01:10 AM
ok, i swear upon pain of death that i will check it out and get back to you.

right now its all james blunt, all the time. there is nothing better in the world than working your ass off and then getting in your car and just cranking "High" as loud as you can. gotta try it

Steve Mullen
08-03-2006, 04:57 AM
Krysten, nick simpson IS james blunt to me. :)

Im not sure if this counts as im singing it rather than listening to it, but for some unknown reason i can't seem to get breakfast at tiffany's by deep blue something out of my head

cool song tho.

Nick Simpson
08-03-2006, 08:23 AM
Eurgh, he has reached America all ready? I feel sorry for your country and ashamed that he came from mine. Sorry. Truly sorry. If you want a post work song, I heartily reccommend Just about anything by Ryan Adams. Glad your gonna check out Sigur Ros though.

Last week was:

Ryan Adams - 29.
Ryan Adams - Heartbreaker.
Ryan Adams - Demolition.
Ryan Adams & The Cardinals - Cold Roses.
Ryan Adams & The Cardinals - Jacksonville City Nights.
DJ Shadow - Endtroducing.
Justin Timberlake - Justified.
Nightmare Of You - ST.

Currently:

Alexisonfire - Watch Out!
Ryan Adams - Gold.
New Order - Technique.
City & Colour - Sometimes.
The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead.

Nick Simpson
08-03-2006, 08:24 AM
Oh yeah, watch it Steve. I dont want to hear my name in the same sentance as his...

Guilty Spark
08-03-2006, 08:58 AM
You guys listen to some odd stuff :)

Nick Simpson
08-03-2006, 08:58 AM
Add these to today's list:

Ray Lamontagne - Trouble.
The Get Up Kids - Something To Write Home About.

Dajo251
08-03-2006, 10:42 AM
Oh yeah, watch it Steve. I dont want to hear my name in the same sentance as his...
yup and I am proud of it!

Nick Simpson
08-03-2006, 02:07 PM
Your proud of James Blunt..?

Dajo251
08-03-2006, 08:24 PM
I just picked up the new Stone Sour Album, good stuff, a little more bluesy then the last one, I also replaced Nativity in black 2 which was stolen from my car years ago along with 40 other CDs, I still havent gotten around to replacing them

HooverGurl
08-04-2006, 12:36 AM
Your proud of James Blunt..?

dude, he should be! i absolutely ADORE james blunt! he's just got that feel-good-iness to him that just makes everything better. :D

Dajo251
08-04-2006, 12:51 AM
I picked up Audioslave live in cuba the other day and just got around to watching it, good stuff, except I dont think chris cornell should attempet the vocals from any more RATM songs, it just doesnt work

Nick Simpson
08-04-2006, 07:08 AM
dude, he should be! i absolutely ADORE james blunt! he's just got that feel-good-iness to him that just makes everything better.

There Is no hope...

Set up my ipod yesterday, it's cool. It currently contains everything by 'Refused' and 'Every Time I Die', which is about 5 hours of music, no more carrying around cd's for me!

Nick Simpson
08-04-2006, 07:17 AM
I love payday! I just ordered a load of Ben Kweller, American Football, Ben Gibbard, All Time Qaurterback, Gym Class Hero's and Worship and Tribute by Glassjaw! I fancied some new singer/songwriters, good acoustic stuff and some cheesy pop. Yay!

HooverGurl
08-05-2006, 11:56 PM
I love payday! I just ordered a load of Ben Kweller, American Football, Ben Gibbard, All Time Qaurterback, Gym Class Hero's and Worship and Tribute by Glassjaw! I fancied some new singer/songwriters, good acoustic stuff and some cheesy pop. Yay!

i dont know who/what any of that is....is that a bad thing?

James Davis
08-07-2006, 04:33 PM
i dont know who/what any of that is....is that a bad thing?
Yes, absolutely. You have to beat yourself up trying to know about the music scene of every country on the planet.

Slacker. :)

HooverGurl
08-09-2006, 09:53 AM
Yes, absolutely. You have to beat yourself up trying to know about the music scene of every country on the planet.

Slacker. :)

Sorry!!!......I dont have time to keep up w/ it all!!! that takes too much time and energy :confused: :crazy:

Dajo251
08-09-2006, 09:56 AM
Im really excited the local band the entrance www.theentrance.us their album is almost done....I cant wait.....

Nick Simpson
08-09-2006, 10:47 AM
All those bands/musicians are american/canadian btw. Mostly Indie though, so, not really terribly well known, which is a shame, Ben Gibbard is a genius, he's from death cab and the postal service as well as doing his own thing and all time qaurterback. Glassjaw were/are a seminal post-hardcore band, various members are doing 'Head Automatica' and 'Men, Women and Children' now (80's pop-disco style stuff). Gym Class hero's are on pete wentz (the fool from fall out boy) label, their sort of pop and hip hop mixed in a non serious, fun way. Ben Kweller is an awesome singer/songwriter who does great summery pop. American Football are another seminal band that released one amazing album and then split, various members going on to do 'Owen', ' cap'n jazz' and other stuff, they get labelled 'emo', but everyone knows that term is a joke that got out of hand and marketed back to the kids. wORD/.

The Magic Numbers - ST.
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Greatest Hits.
Ryan Adams - Gold.
Johnny Cash - American V: A Hundred Highways.
Ben Kweller - Sha Sha.
Ben Kweller - Phone Home E.P.

I've been feeling the classic rock, solo artists and power pop melodies lately. It must be summer!

Jeremy Hulley
08-09-2006, 02:04 PM
Ministry Rantology
Nick Cave and Warren Ellis The Proposition Soundtrack
Where Neil When You need Him? Compilation
Nitzer Ebb-Body of Work
Skinny Puppy Back and Forth Live

Nick Simpson
08-10-2006, 08:03 AM
Nick Cave and Warren Ellis The Proposition Soundtrack

I've heard good things about that, whats it like? Still need to see the film.

Glassjaw - Worship & Tribute.

Jeremy Hulley
08-10-2006, 10:51 AM
Its fairly minimalist and beautiful, some singing and mostly instrumental. I've seen the movie and it was really hard to listen and remember how pow4erful and disturbing the movie was.

Nick Simpson
08-10-2006, 01:31 PM
Sounds good to me :)

Dajo251
08-12-2006, 08:10 AM
A random mix I made has been rotating in my cd player for a while, that is not the order they are in but that is almost everything on there

Mindless Self Indulgence- Pay for it
Mindless Self Indulgence- Bull shit
Mindless Self Indulgence- Bring the pain
World Inferno Friendship society- brother of the mayor
Humanwine- Rivolta Silencia
Humanwine- Big brother
Dog Fashion Disco-Vetigo Motel
Dog Fashion Disco- Leper Friend
Tubring- Rock Yo body (justin timberlake cover) its amusing stuff
Donnybrook- Grey sketch of red
Donnybrook- the new song
Sugar Fist - Pledge Your alligence
Tool - the pot
Tool - Jambi

RoyK
08-22-2006, 08:08 AM
I'm a musician, so I don't listen to music much. :D

kvaak
Pauliina

I'm a hobbyist musician, and I'm the same way :)
I have a punk/hardcore band, and I compose electronic on my computer (dance, trance, drum n bass, chillout, hip hop), and when i listen to other people's music, it's most often in those genres.

Brad Pruitt
08-22-2006, 12:36 PM
Let's not forget the Pixies!

James Davis
08-22-2006, 04:47 PM
Let's not forget the Pixies!
Surfer Rosa's great! :D

Brad Pruitt
08-22-2006, 07:52 PM
Surfer Rosa is my favorite.

Nick Simpson
08-23-2006, 02:51 AM
Checked Sigur Ros out yet Krysten?

Johnny Cash - American V: A Hundred Highways.
Ben Kweller - Sha Sha.
Ben Kweller - Phone Home E.P.
Glassjaw - Worship & Tribute.
Head Automatica - Popaganda.
Roy Orbison - The Sun Collection.
Radiohead - OK Computer.

I've been on holiday so I havent been listening to much and havent had many cd's with me. Still got all those ones I ordered a few weeks ago to listen to over the next few days, cant wait! I also just ordered 'Rainer Ptecak (spelling?) - 17 Miracles: The Best Of Rainer', he was an americana/blues singer/songwriter who was apparently amazing and very inventive, I believe he died in the late 90's sadly. I heard some very good things about him so I've took a chance on this new best of collection, I love doing that - Checking something out on reccommendation or by association with another artist/genre I like or just because it has great cover artwork. You can find some great things like that.

Nick Simpson
08-23-2006, 09:09 AM
American Football - ST.
American Football - Polyvinyl CD Single Series 001.
Benjamin Gibbard & Andrew Kenney - Home: Volume V.
All Time Qaurterback! - ST.
Gym Class Heroes - The Papercut Chronicles.
Gym Class Heroes - As Cruel As School Children.
Ben Kweller - On my Way.

Thats what will be revolving in my CD player over the next week or so!

Dajo251
08-23-2006, 01:20 PM
currently in my home cd player

A Perfect Circle - 13th step
Alice In Chains unplugged
Muddy Waters live at Mr. Kellys

Car CD player
Dog Fashion Disco- Anarchists in good taste

Bathroom CD player
NIN- the fragile left

Mike Hamer
08-23-2006, 01:36 PM
eh. Im a big fan of a to each their own policy but Im sorry I just cant stand ICP, alot of people feel the same way about MSI so...yeah I dont know Im tired and my train of thought was derailed.....but in conclusion listen to what you like and like what you listen to

oh yeah I just got home from seeing MSI for the 11th time....sooo soo good........

MSI rocks, seeing them live would be insane.

Ya big Palooka.

Dajo251
08-23-2006, 02:32 PM
yeah they are awsome, that was the 11th time I have seen them....good stuff, fun live show.....

HooverGurl
08-27-2006, 10:56 PM
Checked Sigur Ros out yet Krysten?

not yet darlin. been kinda busy w/ work and most recently getting back into the swing of things at the dojo.

Cold--Gone Away
Staind--Right Here
Staind--Everything Changes
RHCP--Other Side
Nirvana--Smells Like Teen Spirit
Jason Aldean--Why Do I
Billy Currington--Must Be Doing Something Right
Billy Currington--Why Why Why
anything by Nickelback!!!

James Davis
08-28-2006, 11:31 AM
Staind--Right Here
Staind--Everything Changes
I used to like Staind quite a bit. Aaron has a nice voice, but it seems that most of their songs are about rejection and despair. My life is going really well right now, so I guess I can't identify as well as I used to. (Something to be happy about, I suppose.) :)
Nirvana--Smells Like Teen Spirit
Oh, man. I was reeeelly into Nirvana in high school (back when dinosaurs roamed the earth). :D
anything by Nickelback!!!
Stand back, everyone. Here comes Nick! :p

Nick Simpson
08-29-2006, 10:39 AM
Oh come on, Im in a nice mood today too James ( Must be something in the air!).

Still listening to the above ( and I got the American football single wrong, it's ( The 'American Football EP' Doh, I just copied all that mumbo jumbo off the spine :p )

Plus:

Outkast - Speakerboxx/The Love Below.
Head Automatica - Popaganda.
Ryan Adams - 29.
Ryan Adams - Gold.
The Finger - We Are F*ck You.
Rainer Ptacek - The Best Of Rainer: 17 Miracles.

WOOO!

James Davis
08-29-2006, 11:16 AM
Just picked up Nina Gordon's Bleeding Heart Graffiti. I'll let ya know how it is. :)

Nick Simpson
08-29-2006, 01:25 PM
Punks Dead Lets F*ck!

James Davis
08-30-2006, 10:54 AM
Punks Dead Lets F*ck!
No, thanks. :freaky:

James Davis
08-30-2006, 10:58 AM
Just picked up Nina Gordon's Bleeding Heart Graffiti. I'll let ya know how it is. :)
I think that, shortly before writing these songs, Nina had her friggin' heart broken. :uch: It's good stuff, but not the hard guitar she wrote for Veruca Salt. If you're lookin' for soft music, it's really good.

Nick Simpson
08-31-2006, 07:50 AM
No, thanks.

Aw C'mon, I'll be your friend?

James Davis
08-31-2006, 11:04 AM
Aw C'mon, I'll be your friend?
Nah. I'll listen to punk...

... but I won't get punked. :)

HooverGurl
08-31-2006, 01:11 PM
I used to like Staind quite a bit. Aaron has a nice voice, but it seems that most of their songs are about rejection and despair. My life is going really well right now, so I guess I can't identify as well as I used to. (Something to be happy about, I suppose.) :)

see, i have no problem relating to their music. they have a lot of stuff that seems to just fit really well into my life, ya know?

Stand back, everyone. Here comes Nick! :p

OMG! :eek: *looks around for on-coming attack* and to think he passed up a chance to viciously attack nickelback!!! you feeling alright, nick? ;) what if i tell you i'm listening to james blunt? anything then? :D

For today's listening pleasure:
For the harder side of life:
Velvet Revolver--Slither
Hinder--Lips of an Angel (which is my new favorite song EVER!)
Dierks Bentley--Settle for a Slowdown
All American Rejects--Move Along
All American Rejects--Dirty Little Secret
All American Rejects--Stab My Back
All American Rejects--Watch You Go
Bethany Joy Lenz--Halo
and again...anything by Nickelback!

And for those times you gotta crank your stereo and sing along:
Hilary Duff--Rock This World
Hilary Duff--Girl Can Rock
Hilary Duff--Metamorphosis
Hilary Duff--Come Clean
anything by 98 degrees!

Dajo251
08-31-2006, 01:13 PM
ahhh someone else that likes hillary duff that isnt my girlfriend

Nick Simpson
08-31-2006, 03:07 PM
what if i tell you i'm listening to james blunt? anything then?

Does pity count? ;)

I liked Swing Swing from the first All American rejects album, great summer tune.

Nah. I'll listen to punk...

but I won't get punked.

Spoilsport.

Ooooh yeah, Darkest Hour are coming over to the UK in december with Between The Buried And Me supporting them. GIG OF THE YEAR!

Dajo251
08-31-2006, 03:27 PM
I need to see between the buried and me.......mmmm soooo good

Nick Simpson
08-31-2006, 03:44 PM
I only found out today that 'The Anatomy of' was a new covers album! How did that get past me?Straight to Amazon tommorrow I think!

Dajo251
08-31-2006, 10:56 PM
its so amazing, I picked it up the day it came out, their my favs are 3 of a perfect pair, bycicle race, cemetary gates and color blind....so amazing,

Nick Simpson
09-01-2006, 05:07 AM
Got it on order as we speak :)

Nick Simpson
09-01-2006, 05:15 AM
My Ryan Adams & The Cardinals Tickets Just Arrived!

Nick Simpson
09-01-2006, 05:45 AM
"Greatest Hits"
Huey Lewis & The News; Audio CD; 3.49

I love Amazon used & new!

Nick Simpson
09-01-2006, 10:35 AM
Refused - Songs To Fan The Flames...
Million Dead - A Song To Ruin.

Million Dead were one of the best british bands of recent years, sadly missed.

Nick Simpson
09-06-2006, 02:24 AM
If I had electronic eyes, with lasers as their main components, I'd kill all those whom I despise, I'D FIND THEM, I'D FIND THEM! It's not impossible to dance, A, I, Love robot romance, it's not impossible to feel, WHEN YOUR HEART IS MADE FROM CHROME AND STEEL!"

DARTZ! The best band in England today, or indeed the world. I dont think I've waited for a debut album for so long, and to think they are from Teeside.

http://www.dartzisgood.co.uk/

Alexisonfire - Crisis.
Unearth - III: In The Eyes Of Fire.
Deicide - The Best Of.
Basement Jaxx - The Singles.
Huey Lewis & The News - Greatest Hits.

James Davis
09-06-2006, 10:56 AM
DARTZ! The best band in England today, or indeed the world. I dont think I've waited for a debut album for so long, and to think they are from Teeside.

http://www.dartzisgood.co.uk/

Alexisonfire - Crisis.
Unearth - III: In The Eyes Of Fire.
Deicide - The Best Of.
Basement Jaxx - The Singles.
Huey Lewis & The News - Greatest Hits.

Huey Lewis was great; those songs are part of quite a few memories from my childhood.

Jeremy Hulley
09-06-2006, 11:55 AM
On the Drive to Portland-
VNV Nation-Praise the Fallen
The Cure-Show
Sisters of Mercy-Black October
Walk the Line soundtrack
Tool-10,000 Days
The Nephlim
The 69 Eyes
A.S.P.
The Cruxshadows

Dajo251
09-06-2006, 11:45 PM
auidoslave revalations, its so good kinda a bluesy sound to it

Nick Simpson
09-11-2006, 06:00 AM
Huey Lewis was great; those songs are part of quite a few memories from my childhood.

Totally agree with you there James, It's hip to be sqaure! Sounds like their still going to be honest, from the notes in the liner.

The Cure-Show
Sisters of Mercy-Black October

We like, yes.

Steve Mullen
09-11-2006, 06:48 AM
DARTZ here we come Mr Simpson

Taking Back Sunday and Ryan Adams (the 4 songs i can get my hands on anyway) are the flavour of this month. Oh and Refused

Nick Simpson
09-12-2006, 05:33 AM
You listened to all of 'The Shape Of Punk' yet? What d'ya think? I'll lend you some Ryan sometime, 'Love Is Hell' is my favourite album of his, though they are all fantastic.

'Between The Buried And Me - The Anatomy of', arrived today!

Justin Timberlake - Futuresex/Lovesounds.
Ray Lamontagne - Till The Sun Turns Black.

Dajo251
09-12-2006, 09:02 AM
mmm the anatomy of.....probably my favorite album this year

Dajo251
09-12-2006, 09:10 AM
I just reall got into this band turmion katiolt I think they are finnish....industrial metal type stuff me likey lots

Nick Simpson
09-12-2006, 09:10 AM
I'll stick it on later!

Nick Simpson
09-13-2006, 02:54 AM
Im liking The Day I Tried To Live, Territory, Forced March, Little 15 and Cemetary gates.

roninroshi
09-13-2006, 11:04 PM
Miles Davis,Monk,Classical Indian,Wagner,Mahler,Koto,Shakuhachi,Erhu.....

Dajo251
09-14-2006, 02:10 PM
www.myspace.com/theentrance their album is almost done....I cant wait

Jonathan Guzzo
09-14-2006, 04:25 PM
The Fall--B Sides
The Bad Plus--Prehensile Dreams
Patti Smith--Horses
Television--Marquee Moon
Talib Kweli--Quality
Clifford Brown--KoKo, Cherokee
Roxy Music--Manifesto
Sonic Youth--Hold That Tiger! Live at the Cabaret Metro, Chicago, IL 10/14/87

HooverGurl
09-15-2006, 10:02 AM
Hinder--Lips of an Angel
Snow Patrol--Chasing Cars
Gnarls Barkley--Crazy
Blue October--Hate Me
Evanescence--Call Me When Your Sober
Stone Sour--Through Glass
Nick Lachey--I Cant Hate You Anymore
Justin Timberlake--Sexyback
Pussycat Dolls--Buttons
Little Big Town--Bring It On Home

James Davis
09-15-2006, 10:54 AM
Sneaker Pimps - Becoming X

Dajo251
09-15-2006, 01:28 PM
MSI at Lupos October 30th...that is gonna be a hell of a time, I feel like I did something else last year right before holloween that was a really good time to I just cant seem to put my finger on it

Jeremy Hulley
09-15-2006, 05:01 PM
Hey Dan did you know that VNV Nation is doing some remixing for MSI.
Check vnvnation.com
jer

Dajo251
09-15-2006, 07:30 PM
Oh yeah good stuff...Ive got the Straight to video remix single which that is my favorite remix on the whole CD....and I think they have one coming out of Shut me up

Dajo251
09-18-2006, 01:16 PM
just picked up
Mindless Self Indugence- Shut me up remixes +3 good stuff
Dog Fashion Disco- the city comes alive tonight(live in baltimore) and this is a great live album

Nick Simpson
09-20-2006, 04:42 AM
Over The Weekend:

Genghis Tron - Cloak Of Love EP.
Ray Lamontagne - Trouble.
Ray Lamontagne - Till The Sun Turns Black.
Justin Timberlake- Futuresex/Lovesounds.
Ryan Adams - Demolition.
Alexisonfire - Crisis.

Today:

Genghis Tron - Dead Mountain Mouth.
Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly. - Chronicles Of A Bohemian Teenager.
Vitalic - Ok Cowboy.

RYAN ADAMS & THE CARDINALS TOMORROW NIGHT!! WOOOOOOOO!

Dajo251
09-20-2006, 10:02 AM
today....um some random crap on the radio

HooverGurl
09-25-2006, 05:23 PM
in my house:
10 years--wasteland
blue october--hate me
cold--suffocate
default--count on me
h.i.m.--wings of a butterfly
hinder--lips of an angel
mudvayne--happy
saliva--always
shinedown--save me
staind--been awhile
trapt--echo
velvet revolver--slither

in my car:
bo bice--the real thing

in my alarm clock:
toto--hold the line
toto--africa........i think that might be it.........but i could be wrong.........

grondahl
09-28-2006, 12:41 PM
This weeks commuting and workmusic:

The Woven Hand: Consider the birds
The Woven Hand: S/T
The Woven Hand: Mosaic
Sufjan Stevens: Illinois
Sufjan Stevens: A Sun Came
Hatebreed: Supremacy
Cult of Luna: The Beyond
Dillinger Escape Plan: Miss Machine
Lemonheads: Best of...
Pixies: Death to the Pixies
Arcade Fire: Funeral
The Bronx: S/T
And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead: Source Tags & Codes
The Roots: The Tipping Point.
The Shins: Oh, Inverted World..

MP3-players really made it to easy to bring along music..

RampantWolf
09-29-2006, 02:58 AM
This week

Evanescence - Fallen
Pink - Try This
Gwen Stefani - Love Angel Music Baby
Linkin Park - Meteora
Disturbed - The Sickness
Sarah McLachlan - Surfacing and Afterglow
Marilyn Manson - Lest we forget

Plus a lot of random and top 40 stuff on the radio.

Dajo251
09-29-2006, 05:26 PM
I am currently in teh process of turning my old POS toshiba laptop into a digital juke box by ripping all my cds onto it

HooverGurl
10-02-2006, 04:37 PM
dudes!!!! the new Evanescence album comes out tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am sooooooooooooo excited! yaya!! *does happy dance* :D :) :cool:

Nick Simpson
10-04-2006, 10:31 AM
This weeks commuting and workmusic:

Cult of Luna: The Beyond
Dillinger Escape Plan: Miss Machine
Arcade Fire: Funeral
The Bronx: S/T
And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead: Source Tags & Codes

MP3-players really made it to easy to bring along music..

Can I just say that I love you?

Cult Of Luna are f*cking amazing.

Nick Simpson
10-04-2006, 12:40 PM
Over the weekend it was:

The Fall - 50,000 Fall Fans Can't Be Wrong.
Dizzee Rascal - Boy In Da Corner.

Today:

The Killers - Sam's Town.
The Jesus And Mary Chain - 21 Singles: 1984 - 1998.
Rufus Wainwright - ST.
Rufus Wainwright - Poses.
Rufus Wainwright - Want One.
Rufus Wainwright - Want Two.

Nick Simpson
10-10-2006, 11:48 AM
The Hope Conspiracy - File 03 EP.
Converge - Jane Doe.

HooverGurl
10-12-2006, 10:00 PM
Evanescence--The Open Door
Puddle of Mudd--Come Clean

Bronson
10-13-2006, 03:19 AM
For the las two days I've had it set to the Drive-By Truckers (http://www.drivebytruckers.com/) .

Before that it was Morphine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morphine_(band)) for a couple of weeks.

I usually set the mp3 player to random and see what I get.

Drive-By Truckers
Morphine
Oingo Boingo
Dropkick Murphy's
Flogging Molly
Jethro Tull
Beck
Man or Astroman?
Butthole Surfers
Mojo Nixon
Agent Orange
Fairport Convention
Gogol Bordello
Immigrant Suns
Kaiser Chiefs
Love and Rockets
The Red Elvises
They Might Be Giants
Warren Zevon
Aquabats
Tartan Ameobas
Ashley MacIsaac
Los Straitjackets
The Drovers
Ween
The Commitments Sndtk
Squirrel Nut Zippers
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
Cherry Poppin' Daddies
Johnny Cash
Alice In Chains
Amazing Royal Crowns
Aquabats
Aretha Fanklin
Beastie Boys
Big Pig
Cake
Chicago
Cat Stevens
Clutch
Deadbolt
Elvis Presely
Matt Hole & the Hot Rod Gang
Rare Earth
Richard Cheese
Rob Zombie
Ringo Starr
Sex Pistols
Shadowy Men On A Shadowy Planet
Simon & Garfunkel
Tenacious D
The Animals
The Atomic Fireballs
The Monkees
Alice Cooper
Rolling Stones
The Beatles
Bob Seger
Concrete Blonde
Dick Dale
Elton John
Eurythmics
Grateful Dead
INXS
U2
James Taylor
Janis Joplin
John Lennon
Jim Croce
Martin Barre
Neil Diamond
Pink Floyd
Rammstein
The Doors
The Irish Rovers
Van Morrison
'80's stuff
various swing/big band
various soul
various funk
various rock

RampantWolf
10-13-2006, 03:27 AM
Evanescence--The Open Door
Puddle of Mudd--Come Clean

So what's the new Evanescence albumn like? i think I'm going to have to get it today :)

Nick Simpson
10-13-2006, 04:31 AM
So what's the new Evanescence albumn like?

Sh*t?

Jeremy Hulley
10-13-2006, 10:40 AM
A cool album of Sea Chanties that my wife bought.
Ministry Rantology
Rob Zombie Educated Horses
Alien Sex Fiend Liquid Head in Tokyo

Dajo251
10-13-2006, 12:32 PM
A cool album of Sea Chanties that my wife bought.
Ministry Rantology
Rob Zombie Educated Horses
Alien Sex Fiend Liquid Head in Tokyo
How is that educated horses....I wasnt to impressed by the single...........

So I finally finished turning my old laptop into a digital jukebox....its got an old set of boston acoustics hooked up to it and it sounds great...

its currently shuffling through my entire library, which tends to make some interesting connections

from system of a down to the doors to MSI to led Zepplin, to Ministry to Muddy waters, its all sorts of fun

Jeremy Hulley
10-14-2006, 12:15 AM
I need to sit down and listen to it. SO far its only been cooking background noise.
I'll let you know.

Dajo251
10-15-2006, 02:38 PM
so inrealizing that 90% of the music they are playing on local radio sucks alot, I have taken to listening to sports talk radio....and that is fine with me....

HooverGurl
10-15-2006, 11:16 PM
So what's the new Evanescence albumn like? i think I'm going to have to get it today :)

its AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i mean, OMG, its so much better than the first one. its harder and angrier but in a really interesting way, like they've got a new set of instruments. it makes me happy!!!! :D

Sh*t?

Now, Nick, have you actually listened to it yet? you just might be surprised at how amazing it really is if you give it a chance! ;)

Gregg
10-16-2006, 06:47 PM
Flogging Molly,Gillian welch ,sea shanty's,Punk rock, tom waits,classical .
I would say iam very eclectic

Dajo251
10-16-2006, 09:26 PM
I really like flogging molly...good stuff...

Nick Simpson
10-17-2006, 12:22 PM
Now, Nick, have you actually listened to it yet? you just might be surprised at how amazing it really is if you give it a chance!

I was asking, not stating ;)

Heard the lead single, does nothing for me. Didnt like anything I heard off the previous album, it's highly unlikely I'd like the new effort and saying as I buy albums/cd's, Im not wasting 10 to find out that my feelings for them havent changed. Sorry ;)

Nick Simpson
10-17-2006, 12:24 PM
The Deftones - Hole In The Earth (Single).
The Arcade Fire - Funeral.
Ryan Adams & The Cardinals - Cold Roses.
Richard Hawley - Coles Corner.
Whiskeytown - Pneumonia.

HooverGurl
10-17-2006, 11:16 PM
Im not wasting 10 to find out that my feelings for them havent changed. Sorry ;)

its fine. to each his own, right? tho, you could always borrow it from a friend or check it out from a library, right? ;) :D

Nick Simpson
10-18-2006, 01:32 AM
Yeah, if someone offered me a copy for a loan and I had nothing better to do I would give it a chance. I do actually sometimes buy a record because I like the artwork, or I heard it was good even though I dont know the band (Actually, that show I pick most of my cd's) or even by a band I'm not really into to see if they'll surprise me/how the album was produced/the level of muscianship. It's rare I buy a bad record, but sometimes it does happen ;)