PDA

View Full Version : Aikidoka Dating site

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

emma.mason15
03-07-2006, 03:50 AM
just a thought .,.. i think we should have a lonely hearts ... (I wont add expensive costs .. it will be outside the McDojo)
so what would your colum be?
:D

Nick Simpson
03-07-2006, 05:33 AM
If I was single I'd SO be snapped up ;)

Amelia Smith
03-07-2006, 06:17 AM
I think an aikidoka dating site would be great.

Dirk Hanss
03-07-2006, 07:03 AM
1.) Aikidoka might be single, but their hearts are not lonely
2.) Randori is (like) sex ...
3.) Aikido dating means finding a dojo in vacation or on public holidays?
3.) Aikido breeding: female shodo-thug + male Iwama-ryu = many superbe little aikikai, yoseikan yoshinkan aikidoka? Wonderful idea !!

Dirk

Bridge
03-07-2006, 07:35 AM
I'm not single but as an idea:

"Aikidoka seeks Aikidoka of any style for a fling and possibly a tumble (or ten)."

pezalinski
03-07-2006, 08:20 AM
I can just see it... Aikidoka romantic greeting cards:
"I'm tenkan about you"

Bridge
03-07-2006, 08:49 AM
I can just see it... Aikidoka romantic greeting cards:
"I'm tenkan about you"

How's about

"I'm just head over heels!"

Mato-san
03-07-2006, 09:05 AM
My wife would be very upset as already jealous of my love for aikido, but to find aikido loving partners, well. I dont even want to go there.

Michael Hackett
03-07-2006, 09:10 AM
There's always the lame "I'd fall for you" and "Ukemi, Kid". OK, OK, after that I will promptly do something painful to teach myself a lesson.

merlynn
03-07-2006, 03:37 PM
i would bend over backwards, to meet the aikidoka male of my dreams. mmmmmmmmmm randori or 2 may be concidered:D

Michael O'Brien
03-07-2006, 06:34 PM
i would bend over backwards, to meet the aikidoka male of my dreams. mmmmmmmmmm randori or 2 may be concidered:D

Looking for that 'the more the merrier' relationship there Karen? :D

Ketsan
03-07-2006, 06:35 PM
Would your partner not feel that you were always avoiding them? :D

Hogan
03-07-2006, 07:46 PM

I'm, uh.... gonna' be in England in Nov.... Soooooooooo... (in the best of Homer Simpson's whispers).... 'calll meeeee'....

;)

emma.mason15
03-07-2006, 10:19 PM
lol ... u fools! .. ur all mad .... MAD I SAY!
what I was thinking is someink like this

"Female aikidoka seeks male for fun and throws... possibly more. 24yr old sadist needs new plaything for amusement. please ring on .. blaj blah blah"

dya think id get many responces?

merlynn
03-08-2006, 03:05 AM
I'm, uh.... gonna' be in England in Nov.... Soooooooooo... (in the best of Homer Simpson's whispers).... 'calll meeeee'....

;)
lol well lone pine ryu will welcome you if training is on your mind hun ;)

happysod
03-08-2006, 05:06 AM
I've yet to read a more horrendous and perfectly silly idea! It's amateur sites like this that brings the whole aikido breeding program into question.

With all due respect to Dirk, you just don't do such cross-breeding without a thorough check of both the dam and the sire, lineage is all-important when breeding aikidoka.

For example, I recently had to rescue two poor little aikidoka cubs who were being misused as door security, while their dam had indeed being a pure pit-bull shodothug, their sire was a cute lap-kidoka (long haired, beautiful mane and very graceful).

You must fit form to function and I always insist that feral aikidoka should be neutered, we have too many mongrel aikido-dojos springing up and no-one's willing to take responsibility!

Jory Boling
03-08-2006, 05:28 AM
sounds like you needed to take them to the dogi pound.

Mark Freeman
03-08-2006, 05:39 AM
sounds like you needed to take them to the dogi pound.

Ha! Ian, your aikigenics do not go un-challenged :cool:

j0nharris
03-08-2006, 07:00 AM
Ha! Ian, your aikigenics do not go un-challenged

For some reason that made the name L Ron Sensei, founder of Aiki-tology, pop into my head... .
I sense a whole 'nuther thread there.

Mark Freeman
03-08-2006, 07:14 AM
For some reason that made the name L Ron Sensei, founder of Aiki-tology, pop into my head... .
I sense a whole 'nuther thread there.

I can sense a stampede of hollywood's finest, tripping over themselves to get into the latest 'new thing', it's not that I'm cynical :rolleyes:

emma.mason15
03-08-2006, 04:40 PM
hee hee hee

Perry Bell
03-08-2006, 06:47 PM
I'm not single but as an idea:

"Aikidoka seeks Aikidoka of any style for a fling and possibly a tumble (or ten)."

lol rolf :)

jducusin
03-08-2006, 10:55 PM
It would be what I've always had here on AikiWeb under the "Biography" section of my user profile:

Single Asian Female, Non-Smoker, Seeking Pliable Ukes to Chuck Around --- I mean, "Blend" With --- For a Good, Sweaty and Fun Time.

merlynn
03-09-2006, 06:57 AM
so so looking female aikidoka seeks male aikidoka, he must be able to blend well,as good movement is essential

batemanb
03-09-2006, 07:36 AM
too many double entendre's here, Jun will throw me off the site......

merlynn
03-09-2006, 09:22 AM

bryan what ever can you mean ;)

Steve Morabito
03-09-2006, 10:29 AM
SMK seeking SFD for a roll on the tatami. Must be into weapons. Please send photo wearing Japanese pajamas.

S: single
M: male
F: female
K: Kyu rank
D: Dan rank

Mark Freeman
03-09-2006, 12:07 PM

that reminds me.... a woman walked into a bar and asked the barman for a double entendre, so he gave her one!

Amelia Smith
03-09-2006, 01:19 PM
How about this:

SFD seeks SM k/d (rank unimportant) for ukemi practice and randori. ;) Please send two photos, one in practice clothes, and one without... weapons need not be included in photo.

aikidoc
03-09-2006, 01:49 PM
. . . I always insist that feral aikidoka should be neutered, we have too many mongrel aikido-dojos springing up and no-one's willing to take responsibility!

Aha! At last a solution to bastardization of the art by the sokey dokeys. Why didn't I think of that.

aikidoc
03-09-2006, 01:53 PM
An aiki dating site. Forgive me, but it definitely gives new meaning to irimi.

Dirk Hanss
03-10-2006, 01:43 AM
How about this:

SFD seeks SM k/d (rank unimportant) for ukemi practice and randori. ;) Please send two photos, one in practice clothes, and one without... weapons need not be included in photo.

Aikido cannot compete with bjj here, not in F-M, F-F or M-M

Aikido is like a fairy tale. Everytime it is getting interesting both particpants stop acting and a voice out of nothing says: "And from now on they live in total harmony, until uke starts the next attack."

Sorry, but it must be said.

Dirk

happysod
03-10-2006, 02:46 AM
Methinks Dirk is bjj-curious... don't worry Dirk, if you're wavering, just try out judo first then slip into the no-gi stuff slowly, it's a brave new world out there just waiting for you.

But you're right that aikido is often like a fairy tale, unfortunately its snow white and the seven dwarfs and the poor lasses have to wait a loooong time for Prince charming

merlynn
03-10-2006, 03:15 AM
prince charming ??????????/ does he even exsist

PhilMyKi
03-10-2006, 05:24 AM
prince charming ?????????? does he even exsist

YES I DO! :D If you can call living in the land of concrete cows and roundabouts existing!

merlynn
03-10-2006, 08:12 AM
YES I DO! :D If you can call living in the land of concrete cows and roundabouts existing!

yea i wish you were prince charming ,but i think that ship has already sailed, i long ago gave up looking for prince charming, but hey you know were i am if you wanna see me ;)

PhilMyKi
03-10-2006, 08:31 AM
OK I admit it I am not a prince :) I am more a knight in a bright white dogi :D (Would it be treason if I were to say I don't want to be part of all that inbreeding? :freaky: )

merlynn
03-10-2006, 09:07 AM
OK I admit it I am not a prince :) I am more a knight in a bright white dogi :D (Would it be treason if I were to say I don't want to be part of all that inbreeding? :freaky: )

lol know a knight in a bright white dogi is what i needbut question is are you up for a randori or 2 :D :p ;)

merlynn
03-10-2006, 09:14 AM
SMK seeking SFD for a roll on the tatami. Must be into weapons. Please send photo wearing Japanese pajamas.

S: single
M: male
F: female
K: Kyu rank
D: Dan rank

wait a minute the japanese dont wear pjs :eek: :eek: :eek: :blush: oooooooooooooooooooooooo i get you now :blush:

PhilMyKi
03-10-2006, 09:35 AM
... but question is are you up for a randori or 2 :D :p ;)

Ah, that WOULD spoil the surprise :D :D ;)

merlynn
03-10-2006, 10:00 AM
Ah, that WOULD spoil the surprise :D :D ;)

ooooo you mean i get a suprize :D oh happy days, so what you doing this weekend lmao :drool:

PhilMyKi
03-10-2006, 01:15 PM
I am going to put on my bright white dogi (with a black t-shirt) and Saturday night fever to loosen up my hips ready to randori the night away at least 4 times with a little rest in between - I am not 18 anymore (even though I feel it) :D ;)

merlynn
03-11-2006, 11:50 AM
I am going to put on my bright white dogi (with a black t-shirt) and Saturday night fever to loosen up my hips ready to randori the night away at least 4 times with a little rest in between - I am not 18 anymore (even though I feel it) :D ;)

mmmmmmm i could hepl you loosen those hips :drool: :D :blush:

emma.mason15
03-12-2006, 09:02 AM
yuck .... get a mat will ya
... i feel sick ....
and I dont want a prince charming anyway ....
I want CHUCK NORRIS
LMAO .....

merlynn
03-12-2006, 04:20 PM
yuck .... get a mat will ya
... i feel sick ....
and I dont want a prince charming anyway ....
I want CHUCK NORRIS
LMAO .....
no way emma chuck is mine :grr:

Marc Kupper
03-12-2006, 10:32 PM
How about this:

SFD seeks SM k/d (rank unimportant) for ukemi practice and randori. ;) Please send two photos, one in practice clothes, and one without... weapons need not be included in photo.Is it a standard pre-dating practice these days to send a photo without clothes (leaving the presumed weapons exposed) to your prospects? :D

On a more practical note - Recently I googled up a friend I had not seen in a while and found that he has a page on myspace. A search there finds others doing Aikido including at least one who used a picture of himself in a hakama for his profile image.

Nick Simpson
03-13-2006, 03:53 AM
I have a myspace. And a hakama picture, but not for my profile pic. Theres a few people with those though, if you think you get some weirdo's on aikiweb...

merlynn
03-13-2006, 06:09 AM
I have a myspace. And a hakama picture, but not for my profile pic. Theres a few people with those though, if you think you get some weirdo's on aikiweb...
weirdos on aikiweb yea and you would know all about that :D

aikidodragon
03-14-2006, 11:28 AM
hay Nick are you single?
do you want a
sfk or sfd

Nick Simpson
03-14-2006, 02:34 PM
Hey sara, Im Blissfully off the market, I have a kyu grade female who has the meanest sankyo's this side of meantown!

aikidodragon
03-14-2006, 02:49 PM
o well

guess i will have to try again

Nick Simpson
03-14-2006, 02:53 PM
Chin up, the good ones are always taken :p

merlynn
03-14-2006, 02:54 PM
Hey sara, Im Blissfully off the market, I have a kyu grade female who has the meanest sankyo's this side of meantown!
mate then you aint been on the recieving end of my evil kote gaeshi then

Nick Simpson
03-14-2006, 02:55 PM
Im keeping out of this one...

merlynn
03-14-2006, 02:57 PM
Im keeping out of this one...
what for the first time in your life

aikidodragon
03-14-2006, 03:07 PM
what does karen make you afraid?
she's the only you have to worry about, she lives in the same country. I won't be in europe until june and i will be in france anyway.

Amnd yes your rite the good ones are always taken, that seems to be my problem.

Nick Simpson
03-14-2006, 03:21 PM
Yes, karen scares me. Lots. France huh? Nice, where you going, Paris? There are plenty of fish and all that jazz...

merlynn
03-14-2006, 04:02 PM
Yes, karen scares me. Lots. France huh? Nice, where you going, Paris? There are plenty of fish and all that jazz...
evileyes yes be afraid of me be very afraid mr simpson

Yo-Jimbo
03-14-2006, 04:39 PM
SMD seeks SF for :circle::circle: and aikidojin breeding.
Follows principle: Read intension, make space, enter in. ;)
Daily practice sought for life-long development of valorous ki. :D
Randori?!? :cool:

emma.mason15
03-14-2006, 08:40 PM
ahh nick ... no need to fear karen ... taint nowt remotely frightenin about the girl! ...

merlynn
03-15-2006, 03:44 AM
ahh nick ... no need to fear karen ... taint nowt remotely frightenin about the girl! ...
well except my kote gaeshi and my hell of a temper im a really nice girl :D

emma.mason15
03-20-2006, 10:19 PM
wouldnt go that far k!

Nick Simpson
03-21-2006, 04:59 AM
It's not the kotegaeshi's that scare me...

merlynn
03-21-2006, 05:28 AM
It's not the kotegaeshi's that scare me...

lol well it cant be my face as you aint seen it yet , must be my temper

Nick Simpson
03-21-2006, 05:34 AM
;)

merlynn
03-21-2006, 05:46 AM
lmfao mate you aint seen nothing yet :eek: :p :D ;)

emma.mason15
04-09-2006, 06:51 AM
hey ... just a thought ..... but would it be wrtong to add and avdvert in the hope of creatiung a genetically engineered master race of aikidoka? .... not that that was my intention or anything!

mriehle
04-09-2006, 08:21 PM
Somehow, this just seems like it fits here:

http://www.cafepress.com/aikidomojo.2893383

No, I'm not trying to sell t-shirts, but it does seem appropriate.

merlynn
04-10-2006, 04:12 AM
Somehow, this just seems like it fits here:

http://www.cafepress.com/aikidomojo.2893383

No, I'm not trying to sell t-shirts, but it does seem appropriate.

lol i want one :D :p

James Davis
04-10-2006, 10:29 AM
hey ... just a thought ..... but would it be wrtong to add and avdvert in the hope of creatiung a genetically engineered master race of aikidoka? .... not that that was my intention or anything!
That would be so wrong. :straightf

...not that it was your intention or anything. :D

Psufencer
04-10-2006, 09:12 PM
That would be so wrong. :straightf

...not that it was your intention or anything. :D

What, dreams of world domination, underneath a peaceful, harmonious cover...? Hardly seems original. :D

emma.mason15
04-12-2006, 09:53 PM
if I wasnt so damned tired id get all mad and defensive about thazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

kaishaku
04-12-2006, 11:17 PM
Any young ladies who want to practice newaza? :eek:

Psufencer
04-13-2006, 07:09 AM
if I wasnt so damned tired id get all mad and defensive about thazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Such fury! I must away to fetch my boots, that I may quake in them. :D

merlynn
04-13-2006, 07:37 AM
Such fury! I must away to fetch my boots, that I may quake in them. :D

erm arron dont upset emma evileyes

Psufencer
04-13-2006, 07:49 AM
erm arron dont upset emma evileyes

Didn't mean to provoke anybody's wrath. My apologies! :D

emma.mason15
04-13-2006, 09:26 PM
yeah ... apologise ... or i'll have a mighty girlie tantrum .... u know .. like the ones when a girl simply CANT find the right shoes to match that AMAZING DRESS .... or ... the times when no matter how hard she tries she simply cant get her hair right .......
... ok ....
im calm ....
breath .... finding centre ...... rellllllaaax ........ ahhhhhhhhh
ok .. im done

merlynn
04-14-2006, 08:57 AM
yeah ... apologise ... or i'll have a mighty girlie tantrum .... u know .. like the ones when a girl simply CANT find the right shoes to match that AMAZING DRESS .... or ... the times when no matter how hard she tries she simply cant get her hair right .......
... ok ....
im calm ....
ok .. im done

ah good im glad your relaxed emmsy , but i have warned him not to upset the cheif aiki siren :eek:

James Davis
04-14-2006, 10:20 AM
no matter how hard she tries she simply cant get her hair right .......
... ok ....
im calm ....
ok .. im done
So if I were to put peanut butter in your hair, that would be a bad thing, right? :rolleyes:

merlynn
04-14-2006, 01:03 PM
So if I were to put peanut butter in your hair, that would be a bad thing, right? :rolleyes:

mate she would mangle your sorry butt if you mess with her hair :eek:

James Davis
04-14-2006, 03:33 PM
mate she would mangle your sorry butt if you mess with her hair :eek:
Whoa. :eek: Oooookay. :(

<Backs away slowly>

Happy Easter. ;)

Psufencer
04-14-2006, 04:01 PM
... ok ....
im calm ....
ok .. im done

Oh, so you're the chief Aiki Siren, then? I understand that you have nasty big pointy teeth and horns or something. Or that you're extremely fierce. I've been so terrified that I forgot exactly. Well, hi anyway, and I'll make sure I keep away from that peanut butter. Anything to help you relax.

emma.mason15
04-17-2006, 06:13 PM
.... peanut butter in the hair ..? .... now it wouldnt have been so bad if youd have said chocolate spread ..... and maybe not in my hair! .... ;)

merlynn
04-18-2006, 04:25 AM
.... peanut butter in the hair ..? .... now it wouldnt have been so bad if youd have said chocolate spread ..... and maybe not in my hair! .... ;)

:blush: EMMA really the thought of using chocolate spread for anything but a sandwich is well to be honest with you a.......................................................... a bloody damn fine idea :p :drool: :D

James Davis
04-18-2006, 10:58 AM
Oh my goodness. :blush:

Um. Uh.

Wow. Okay. I'm scandalized. :straightf

merlynn
04-18-2006, 11:34 AM
Oh my goodness. :blush:

Um. Uh.

Wow. Okay. I'm scandalized. :straightf

lol james mate we all know you love the way emmsy talks :p :D

Psufencer
04-18-2006, 03:34 PM
:blush: EMMA really the thought of using chocolate spread for anything but a sandwich is well to be honest with you a.......................................................... a bloody damn fine idea :p :drool: :D

Uhm, other more interesting applications aside...what sort of sandwich are we making here, exactly? I'm thinking chocolate spread and cheddar and it's just not making me all that excited. :crazy: :yuck:

James Davis
04-18-2006, 03:45 PM
lol james mate we all know you love the way emmsy talks :p :D
Yeah, and I've never even heard her! :D

Gotta go, I'm scheduled for a cold shower! :eek: :eek: :eek:

:p

merlynn
04-20-2006, 09:57 AM
Yeah, and I've never even heard her! :D

Gotta go, I'm scheduled for a cold shower! :eek: :eek: :eek:

:p

oooooooooooooooooooooooooo really ;)

James Davis
04-20-2006, 11:17 AM
I'm thinking chocolate spread and cheddar and it's just not making me all that excited. :crazy: :yuck:
You are not alone in that. :yuck:

What the heck made you think that, anyway? :confused:

:yuck:

<trying to forget, trying to forget, trying to forget, trying to forget, trying to forget, trying to forget, trying to forget, trying to forget, trying to forget, trying to forget.....>

merlynn
04-20-2006, 11:29 AM
You are not alone in that. :yuck:

What the heck made you think that, anyway? :confused:

<trying to forget, trying to forget, trying to forget, trying to forget, trying to forget, trying to forget, trying to forget, trying to forget, trying to forget, trying to forget.....>

i always found jam, honey ,cheese and ketchup sandwiches lovely

James Davis
04-21-2006, 10:35 AM
i always found jam, honey ,cheese and ketchup sandwiches lovely
<trying to forget, trying to forget, trying to forget, trying to forget, trying to forget, trying to forget, trying to forget, trying to forget, trying to forget>

Bleeehhhh!!
Karen! :mad:

merlynn
04-21-2006, 10:41 AM
what??? i thought they were lovely

James Davis
04-24-2006, 11:44 AM
what??? i thought they were lovely
You are so fired.

emma.mason15
05-17-2006, 07:54 PM
woooooah ... im soooo twisted!

James Davis
05-22-2006, 03:28 PM
woooooah ... im soooo twisted!
You're fired too.

emma.mason15
05-22-2006, 06:58 PM
im FIRED???? from what????
heres me ... at work ... in me uniform ..... *evil grin* being all nursey like .....
and ive been FIRED????? FOR WHAT?

James Davis
05-23-2006, 10:07 AM
im FIRED???? from what???? ?
Whatever it is you're supposed to be doing over there.
heres me ... at work ... in me uniform ..... Yes, yes, that's good so far...

*evil grin*
There! There it is! That evil grin we're seein all the time!

being all nursey like .....
And a nurse too!

I work with nurses. :grr:

and ive been FIRED?????
Yup.

FOR WHAT?
For being on the internet when you're supposed to be tending to your patients! You ought to be ashamed!

You've also been trying to earn money on the side with your McDojo, and that's a conflict of interest.

Of course, there are a lot of non-work related things for which you should also be ashamed, things that entertain us here at aikiweb...

I'll let you slide this time.

Get back to work.

justinmaceachern
05-23-2006, 01:17 PM
Just saying wassup. board at work with nothing to do.

emma.mason15
05-23-2006, 03:59 PM
Whatever it is you're supposed to be doing over there.
Yes, yes, that's good so far...

There! There it is! That evil grin we're seein all the time!

And a nurse too!

I work with nurses. :grr:

Yup.

For being on the internet when you're supposed to be tending to your patients! You ought to be ashamed!

You've also been trying to earn money on the side with your McDojo, and that's a conflict of interest.

Of course, there are a lot of non-work related things for which you should also be ashamed, things that entertain us here at aikiweb...

I'll let you slide this time.

Get back to work.

I shall not be ashamed! my patients are all in bed asleep. not wanting or needing my company! ... If I dont go on aikweb .. im likely to start swapping there dentures just for something to giggle at. so really its in the interest of my patients to keep me entertained

James Davis
05-24-2006, 03:28 PM
I shall not be ashamed! my patients are all in bed asleep. not wanting or needing my company! ... If I dont go on aikweb .. im likely to start swapping there dentures just for something to giggle at. so really its in the interest of my patients to keep me entertained
LOL.

You make us feel normal!

By the way, I like your signature. My cell-phone plays fraggle rock for my alarm every morning. :D

emma.mason15
05-25-2006, 04:15 AM
LOL.

You make us feel normal!

By the way, I like your signature. My cell-phone plays fraggle rock for my alarm every morning. :D
I live on fraggle rock ... ie the place it was based on ... or bloody simular!
so just call me red ....
which is apt ... as I have pink hair! :p

James Davis
05-25-2006, 11:13 AM
I live on fraggle rock ... ie the place it was based on ... or bloody simular!
so just call me red ....
which is apt ... as I have pink hair! :p
Then, beware of large shaggy dogs. ;)

emma.mason15
06-14-2006, 05:44 PM
... nahhhh .... the shaggy dogs are the best ... its the evil gianty things you gotta be careful of!

James Davis
06-15-2006, 11:43 AM
... nahhhh .... the shaggy dogs are the best ... its the evil gianty things you gotta be careful of!
Or really old guys that live alone with their shaggy dogs. :D

But the doozers rocked! :D

emma.mason15
06-15-2006, 04:40 PM
doozers are my friends. ... I talk to them for hours on the night shift.... when Im alone. the weird thing is no-one else can see them!
odd that ...

Steve Mullen
06-16-2006, 06:25 AM
The word we are looking for now is....

Anyway!!!!

Ian Heap
06-16-2006, 06:56 AM
Is that a form of Randori?!

:)

Brilliant forum, been away for FAR too long....

Anyone know of any good aikido (jutsu) clubs in New Zealand?
I'm off there sometime this year, to live!!
(GULP)

Ian

James Davis
06-16-2006, 10:24 AM
doozers are my friends. ... I talk to them for hours on the night shift.... when Im alone. the weird thing is no-one else can see them!
odd that ...
I see them too, Emma. When nobody's around. If I just keep looking at the monitor, maybe they won't steal my socks...

emma.mason15
06-20-2006, 06:46 PM
ahhh the sock stealing variety ... they are teh worst!
but never fear ... if you throw belly button fluff at them .... they do run!

Mike Hamer
06-21-2006, 07:39 PM
Im Single, 18, and bored.

aikidodragon
06-21-2006, 07:52 PM
well i'm single 19 and in the university, which is just another word for being bord.

George S. Ledyard
06-21-2006, 11:49 PM
Although it's too late for me... I think an Aikido dating site would be great. After I got divorced I did the on-line dating thing. At one point, just to get back in practice communicating with ladies I didn't know, I did a search using the key word Aikido on Match.com...

Six names came up so I wrote them and introduced myself. I had very nice correspondence with several ladies. One of them was way cool, if I hadn't had kids in Seattle, I would have gone out of my way to meet her (she was in North Carolina). Another wrote back that she knew me from Chicago Winter camp back in the eighties!

Anyway, I finally did a search on Aikido with a local search parameter of Seattle area and one name came up. She was a beginner at my good friend Kimberly Richardson Sensei's dojo. We've been together now going on four years! An Aikido site would be fantastic as you wouldn't keep having to explain what Aikido was and why you wanted to spend so much time doing it.

Mark Freeman
06-22-2006, 03:53 AM
An Aikido site would be fantastic as you wouldn't keep having to explain what Aikido was and why you wanted to spend so much time doing it.

True!

I imagine that if you attempt the 'speed dating' route and the question comes up "so what is this aikido then?" .... you have just blown your 3 minutes or however long it is they give you.

regards,

Mark

James Davis
06-22-2006, 10:51 AM
A while ago, my best friend's sister asked me what aikido was while we were hanging out on the beach. I showed her a few things, and explained what I could about it. She was interested in aikido not because she wanted to be a martial artist, but because she had seen a change in me. When she left for college, I was frustrated, angry, and without direction; I was kind of an A-hole. When she came back to town, I was completely different after only three years of aikido training. For this reason (and a few others), she found aikido to be pretty neat, and thought that I was pretty neat too.

We've been married a year now, and our daughter is a month old.

Thank you Sensei. :)

Mark Freeman
06-22-2006, 11:12 AM
See, both George and James's stories are proof that aikido is much more than a 'martial' art :)

good luck to you both.

regards

Mark

Mike Hamer
06-23-2006, 07:38 PM
Hai!

TigerJK
06-24-2006, 04:38 PM
just a thought .,.. i think we should have a lonely hearts ... (I wont add expensive costs .. it will be outside the McDojo)
so what would your colum be?

Interesting idea...

If we are to be "aiki" about this, who makes the first move? :confused: :D

Guilty Spark
06-24-2006, 06:11 PM
Hold my hand...

Nooooo, you hold mine!

TigerJK
06-25-2006, 01:45 AM
^ lol Grant

"Both Hands Grab All Direction Pin #1 - Hajime!"
In the ambulance - "Sorry, force of habit"

I wonder what aiki-intercourse would be like... pet name my wife "uke"??

:eek: O wait I think I got a little risque for this board...

Mike Hamer
06-25-2006, 02:28 PM
It would be awesome.