View Full Version : Hello

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

03-02-2006, 04:03 AM
well i have been on aikiweb a while and thought i might as well introduce myself now.

i am Drew Mercer, i train and instruct in Shudokan aikido, which is similar to yoshinkan but has a few differences and we are not directly connected. i am shodan and train in preston under my father Mick Mercer Sensei (3rd dan) i started my aikido training as a boy under Ken Robson Shihan (6th dan) a superb aikidoka whose aikido is very strong and powerful, i unfortunately missed out due to my age at the time to train with Soke Edwin Stratton. i have had the priviledge of training with the founder of my school of aikido Master Thamby Rajah Sensei (9th Dan) and also attended a seminar led by his nephew Joe Thambu Sensei (6th Dan yoshinkan) who is absolutely awesome, if you have seen his stuff you will know what i am talking about. i am currently looking forward to attending a seminar soon led by Robert Mustard Sensei (6th Dan yoshinkan) which if any of you have read Angry White Pyjamas you will know who he is.

anyway that is pretty much me, any questions or anything you would like to discuss feel free. if you would like to know more about shudokan aikido please visit our website or send me a message.

03-02-2006, 08:57 AM
Hi Drew,

Welcome to AikiWeb and thank you for your introduction.

-- Jun

Michael O'Brien
03-02-2006, 02:57 PM
Hi Drew,
Welcome from Nashville, Tn.