PDA

View Full Version : Please Help me if you can.

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

aikidodragon
03-01-2006, 09:30 AM
Hello let me introduce myself, my name is Sara Parson. I am an eighteen-year old full time student at North West Arkansas community college. I live in Springdale Arkansas. For 7 years I attended school at the Arkansas School for the Blind, in Little Rock Arkansas and graduated as Salutatorian of the graduating Class of 2005. I was also a member of the Governorís honor role. I was president of the student council my senior year of high school. My school also selected me to participate in the high school reconstruction committee.
Five years ago the Little Rock Judo Center started holding classes in our school gym. I have spent years looking for a martial art that could be adapted for the blind, and finally found it in Judo. I graduated from ASB in June 2005, I began training in Springdale full time. I am attending the Landolt Ju-Jitsu Academy and my instructor is Shihan Glen Landolt, where I hold a blue belt in Judo and a half orange belt in Jujitsu. In October of 2005 I won the Ju-jitsu National Championships for the 155+ womenís divisions.
Other martial arts academyís I have attended in Springdale are Four Winds Martial Arts Taekwondo, instructor Marilyn Curry where I held a blue belt with 3 red stripes, and Northwest Arkansas Aikido, instructor Sensei Jason Morland, where I currently hold a yellow belt with a stripe.
Last Summer I went to the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado. This camp was for the selection of the Youth World Games and Pan American Games. I was selected for both teams but was unable to attend due to a lack of funding.
As I am sure you know these camps and the training they offer are very expensive which is why I am appealing to you for your financial support and sponsorship. I am trying to make the United States World Games Judo Team and have two preliminary camps and competitions I must attend in order to be considered for placement on this team.
We are being asked to attend the North Glen Judo championships in Denver, Colorado on April 8, the tournament is being held in conjunction with the evaluation camp which runs from April 5-10. Also there is a tournament/camp in San Jose, California in May 19-23. These events are required for consideration for the World Games Team.
The International Blind Sports Association World Games are to be held in France June 29-July 3, 2006, and the Pan American Games are to be held in Brazil in 2007. This will establish the team for the Paralympic Games that will be held in China in 2008.
You may contact me for questions by phone: 479-601-5181 or by email: kodokandragon@yahoo.com. You may contact Mark Lucas the Director for the United States Association of Blind Athletes at: 719-630-0422 or by email: mlucas@usaba.org.
Please make all donations out to the stated organization mentioned above, in the memo part of the check write Sara Parson ada.
The address is:
United States Association of Blind Athletes
33 North Institute Street
Colorado Springs Co 80903.
Thank you very much for your time and consideration. Please remember all donations are tax deductible.

Sincerely
Sara Beth Parson