PDA

View Full Version : Hello all!!

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Robert Broyles
02-19-2006, 07:58 PM
Hello all,

My Name is Robert and I'm from Michigan, I have been
training in traditional Aikido for 3 yrs at the International Budo Ryokukai. I must say that Aikido is my passion and i enjoy it very much. It is so nice to have Aikiweb so we all can share our experiences and wisdom of Aikido. I'm new to the website but i like to talk to other Aikido students to see how they train.

If you have a chance e-mail and say hi!

In harmony forever...
R.Broyles

crbateman
02-19-2006, 10:25 PM
Welcome to the asylum, Robert.

akiy
02-20-2006, 10:58 AM
Hi Robert,

Welcome to AikiWeb.

-- Jun

Michael O'Brien
02-20-2006, 03:08 PM
Welcome from Nashville, Tn

ccain85
02-20-2006, 03:09 PM
welcome from carbonale,il. :ai: :ki: :do:

Dirk Hanss
02-21-2006, 03:28 AM
Hello all,

My Name is Robert and I'm from Michigan, I have been
training in traditional Aikido for 3 yrs at the International Budo Ryokukai. I must say that Aikido is my passion and i enjoy it very much. It is so nice to have Aikiweb so we all can share our experiences and wisdom of Aikido. I'm new to the website but i like to talk to other Aikido students to see how they train.

If you have a chance e-mail and say hi!

In harmony forever...
R.Broyles

Welcome Robert,

I love the expression "traditional Aikido", as you never know, what it means. Nearly all schools have their tradition, so are somehow traditional and claim to teach according to the principles installed by O Sensei.

Some schools claim to teach exactly, what O Sensei taught - pre-war, post-war, or in the last years before passing. But this type of tradition is a standstill and IMHO the opposite of what aikido is - a steady flow and improvement.

Cheers Dirk

Mark Freeman
02-21-2006, 05:39 AM
Welcome Robert,

I love the expression "traditional Aikido", as you never know, what it means. Nearly all schools have their tradition, so are somehow traditional and claim to teach according to the principles installed by O Sensei.

Some schools claim to teach exactly, what O Sensei taught - pre-war, post-war, or in the last years before passing. But this type of tradition is a standstill and IMHO the opposite of what aikido is - a steady flow and improvement.

Cheers Dirk

I'd also like to welcome you Robert, and say that as you can see from Dirks post ( which I agree with entirely ), everything you post here in the cyber dojo is being looked at and will be commented on. Sometimes in a lovely soft agreeable manner, and sometimes in a hard, swift and forcefull manner. A bit like aikido? Be prepared! :D

Cheers
Mark

Robert Broyles
02-21-2006, 06:16 AM
Thanks for the warning!.. lol

Bob

rachmass
02-21-2006, 06:27 AM
Hi Robert

I too am in Michigan, and it is always nice to see more folks from our fair state posting. Where in MI are you located?

Best, Rachel