PDA

View Full Version : SS Black Dawn?

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

ikkitosennomusha
02-10-2006, 02:43 PM
Since this is the general forum, I have to ask, is the new Steven movine "Black Dawn" any good? I was thinking of going to rent it today as it is smowing heavy here and thought a movie would be good. I am discouraged though because it is my opinon that he last few/several movies were aweful. Any thoughts?

Hogan
02-10-2006, 02:59 PM
Since this is the general forum, I have to ask, is the new Steven movine "Black Dawn" any good? I was thinking of going to rent it today as it is smowing heavy here and thought a movie would be good. I am discouraged though because it is my opinon that he last few/several movies were aweful. Any thoughts?

All his direct-to-video releases have been awful; Black Dawn is no exception.

ikkitosennomusha
02-10-2006, 04:14 PM
All his direct-to-video releases have been awful; Black Dawn is no exception.

I kinda figured this but it is my own fault for renting it. I just got back from the store. I did not see his previous 3 videos and thought "Well, this might have a different twist". I am so sick of the ex-cia, ex-special agent bull crap rolls. Is he not too good to play a farmer who gets into trouble somehow or perhaps a college professor etc. I think he needs to take on a more real role instead of all this "I am so secret" stuff.

If he played a roll where perhaps he lives an ordinary life but has been privledged to study aikido and gets mixed in something unfortunate, it might be ok, or has he already done this?

His skills as an actor are very limited and linear. Just my thoughts.

mj
02-11-2006, 11:44 AM
His films must be making profits if they keep making them.

Personally I can't bear to watch his stuff anymore.

Edwin Neal
02-11-2006, 12:11 PM
you can make a profit selling anything if you sell enough of it... even manure...

Hogan
02-12-2006, 10:27 AM
His films must be making profits if they keep making them.

Personally I can't bear to watch his stuff anymore.

Most likely, they provide profitable "write-offs" for the co. making them.

ikkitosennomusha
02-14-2006, 04:43 PM
I thought I would reort my sentiments after viewing the film. While only better in a marginal way than the other straight to video I viewed, it was only not a waste if it could be made into to compost!

I absolutely will never rent another movie of his again. He is always portrays the spawn of murky, sercret government work, wears the same clothing most of the time however, I was impressed to see him in a suit this time.

I have to be done with this. I give up all hope of reliving the glory of the late 80's and 90's!