PDA

View Full Version : Quoting

Please visit our sponsor:

chris w
02-02-2006, 06:32 PM
the first part of my post was a quote from george s. ledyard's last post. i just cant figure out how to do the little "so and so wrote" guote insert thing :sorry: anyone care to help?

Michael O'Brien
02-02-2006, 06:58 PM
the first part of my post was a quote from george s. ledyard's last post. i just cant figure out how to do the little "so and so wrote" guote insert thing :sorry: anyone care to help?

Chris,
The easiest way to do it is to look at the lower right corner of the post you want to quote from and there is a button that says "QUOTE".

Click on it and the message window will open with the text quoted for you.

crbateman
02-02-2006, 08:11 PM
...and then you just delete the stuff you don't want to be part of the quote.

chris w
02-03-2006, 03:31 AM
[QUOTE=Michael O'Brien]Chris,
The easiest way to do it is to look at the lower right corner of the post you want to quote from and there is a button that says "QUOTE".

thanks!

chris w
02-03-2006, 03:38 AM
i must not be doing something right. how do you get the highlighted box that says "Micheal O'Brien wrote"?

Michael O'Brien
02-03-2006, 11:56 AM
[QUOTE=Michael O'Brien]Chris,

thanks!

Chris,

If you look at your message above you will notice that at the end of my message box where it says the last "QUOTE" it is not closed by the ] symbol. If you notice where it starts the QUOTE at the beginning it has the [ symbol. You must have accidently deleted that ending bracket so that is why you didn't get the box.

akiy
02-03-2006, 12:17 PM
Actually, it looks like Chris did have the ending square bracket ] to close off the initial QUOTE tag.

Chris, make sure you use a [/QUOTE] ending tag to close off the quoted text.

Using the following (without the space between the [ and QUOTE in the initial tag):

[ QUOTE=Morihei Ueshiba]Pondering (the state of) this world
I fall into a lament,
Only to be reinvigorated again
When the light of the tumbling clouds
Builds the "vigorous force" inside me.[/QUOTE]

Will produce:
Pondering (the state of) this world
I fall into a lament,
Only to be reinvigorated again
When the light of the tumbling clouds
Builds the "vigorous force" inside me.
Hope that helps.

-- Jun

Ron Tisdale
02-03-2006, 01:30 PM
huh, me, I don't care about quoting, but I'd like to hear more about the "vigorous force" thinga-ba-job...

Best,
Ron ;)

Mark Uttech
02-03-2006, 01:31 PM
]Hope that helps.-- Jun

This is hard work! But I am going to keep at it. In gassho

chris w
02-03-2006, 02:17 PM
huh, me, I don't care about quoting, but I'd like to hear more about the "vigorous force" thinga-ba-job..

lets see

chris w
02-03-2006, 02:20 PM
Hope that helps.

-- Jun

thank you