PDA

View Full Version : weird aikido dreams

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Dajo251
01-31-2006, 09:37 AM
i had a dream last night that I was doing aikido with President George Bush Sr. and he kept doing the technique wrong and every time I tried to correct him the Secret service agents would yell at me. Also there were tons of people sitting around us watching and eating lobster....I'd love to see this dream analyzed

DevinHammer
01-31-2006, 10:11 AM
Maybe it's YOU who should be analyzed. :freaky: :D

Dajo251
01-31-2006, 10:29 AM
Id be afraid of what they would find

Mark Freeman
01-31-2006, 10:54 AM
i had a dream last night that I was doing aikido with President George Bush Sr. and he kept doing the technique wrong and every time I tried to correct him the Secret service agents would yell at me. Also there were tons of people sitting around us watching and eating lobster....I'd love to see this dream analyzed

Wow, I've had exactly the same dream, only they weren't eating lobster they were eating crab! How weird is that? !! :hypno:

Dajo251
01-31-2006, 12:09 PM
its some sort of brain washing conspiricy....

Steve Morabito
01-31-2006, 12:51 PM

Bush Sr. represents your father or more likely, your grandfather. Secret Service Agents present the female authority figures in your life (mother, stepmother, older sisters etc.) It would seem that you are trying to get your father/grandfather to do something that is against the wishes of the rest of the family. With regard to the lobster, by causing this unrest within your family, you are being a little shellfish.
Steve
Disclaimer: I am not a qualified psychotherapist and this is all for a good laugh (hopefully).

Dajo251
01-31-2006, 01:21 PM
I liked the shellfish bit at the end.....nice touch

Lan Powers
01-31-2006, 03:27 PM
just CLAM up.
:)
Lan

6th Kyu For Life
01-31-2006, 10:54 PM
What if George Bush really did do Aikido?

Edwin Neal
01-31-2006, 11:11 PM
it should remind you to tuck your chin so your head doesn't bounce off the mat and scramble your brains...

Kung Fu Liane
02-01-2006, 01:28 AM
I read an article in an early copy of Qi Magazine; apparently during the Gulf War, President Bush Snr. was suggering a great deal of stress and had become very unwell. He called for a great Chi Kung master who treated him and taught him techniques to strengthen his body to resist illness. So maybe it is true; you did train with him, and the onlookers did eat lobster...your 'dream' could be the result of a failed attempt by the Secret Service to erase your memory...

MikeLogan
02-01-2006, 07:34 AM
I had this dream less than half a year ago. I think I must have beaten a Wookie at that chess-like game from the first Star Wars, because he was trying to rip my arm off, or at least get a good bite out of me. Because it was a grapple at that point of the dream, and I was close enough to be nibbled upon, all I could do was try to lock up his wrists. It mostly worked.

no crazy aikido dreams in a while though.

James Davis
02-01-2006, 10:45 AM
What if George Bush really did do Aikido?
Now, that would be prudent. ;)

Jeanne Shepard
02-01-2006, 02:21 PM
It's Barbara Bush who gives me nightmares...

Jeanne :p

James Davis
02-02-2006, 10:25 AM
It's Barbara Bush who gives me nightmares...

Jeanne :p
Eeeewww. :yuck:

Marxama
02-02-2006, 02:16 PM
The other month I dreamt we were doing this exercise in class, where you do irimi and the softly punch uke in the stomach.. I teamed up with a beginner, whom I accidentally punched too hard. She began to cry :sorry: Cruel dream, very cruel...

DevinHammer
02-03-2006, 10:15 AM
Maybe Jun should create a whole new forum category for Aikido dreams. Of course, Humor isn't a bad place for most of them. :D

JayRhone
02-05-2006, 10:15 PM
Perhaps you just wanted some lobster. Did anyone think of that :sorry:

Dajo251
02-05-2006, 10:19 PM
hhhmmmm...but whay about bush and aikido??

emma.mason15
02-07-2006, 05:11 AM
hey ... I have weird dreams ..... oh ... noooooo ... my mistake ... its not involving alot of aikido ...
But I did have one weird one before my grading that sorta spun me out ....
i dont remember alot about about it ... but was on the beach ... with sensei doing my grading in that sand thats sorta like quick sand .....
was very weird

CNYMike
02-07-2006, 10:05 AM
In Pentjak Silat Serak, EVERYBODY has to wear skirts, in this case sarongs. But whereas most AIkido hakamas are dark blue or black, sarongs are very colorful. Pembantu Guru Andy has a sarong that has a plaid white and blue pattern on it.

So shortly after I got back into Aikido in '04, I had a dream where I saw people doing big circular Aikido style movments, and they wore gis ... but the hakamas all had the plaid pattern from Guro Andy's sarong.

Weird.

merlynn
02-22-2006, 07:57 AM
mmmmmmmmmmmm ok guys exactly what were you doing in the hours before you had these dreams! any thing to eat? drink ? how about smoke?

i had a dream about my sensei making me do shikko non stop for 2 hours......... no .. no... wait a minute that was last weeks class

Gabriella Wrigholm
02-27-2006, 08:56 AM
I've had some weird Aikido dreams too but the weirdest thing was last year when I did sleepwalking every Tuesday and Sunday nights after practice. I would stand up and repeat the stuff we had learned at practice. Once we had a class with kokyunage and I'd do one of them in the middle of the night but without an uke of course. And then we had a class with only tsuki as an attack and I'd do tsuki thinking I was still in the dojo. :freaky: :freaky: It was really annoying because I was always so tired the next day :p

CNYMike
02-27-2006, 09:49 AM
I've had some weird Aikido dreams too but the weirdest thing was last year when I did sleepwalking every Tuesday and Sunday nights after practice ....

:confused: How did you find out you were sleep walking?

Gabriella Wrigholm
02-27-2006, 10:01 AM
:confused: How did you find out you were sleep walking?

Well, once my mother saw me :) and once I sort of remembered it myself but at the time I thought I was in the dojo. Weird. :freaky:

Dajo251
02-28-2006, 07:43 PM
I used to sleep walk, once I found my self down stairs woth all the doors/windows open, the fridge open the oven open and the microwave open watching C-span with a melted popsicle in my hand, adn all the lights on

koz
02-28-2006, 07:57 PM
The only aikido dream I can remember having was one maybe a couple of years after I started training. This is how I've described it elsewhere...

Once, many years ago, I had a very odd dream. There in the hallway of my parents' house, just outside my room, stood a diminutive old Japanese man. He smiled at me and jabbered away in a language I didn't understand.

I smiled in return.

He then proceeded to throw me around the hallway, one end to the other, all the while laughing as if it were the best joke in the world. And it probably was, he was so small and frail in comparison.

And I was laughing too.

After this technical demonstration of irimi-nage, O-Sensei jabbered away some more, smiled, and I woke up perplexed.

Dajo251
02-28-2006, 08:14 PM
that is intresting

Jory Boling
02-28-2006, 08:28 PM
just two weeks ago, after i moved to japan and finally found a dojo, i dreamed that i was at the kyoto budo center or maybe iwama and o sensei slide a folded hakama to me across the tatami. we were both in seiza. later in that same day (the dream day) i was running around looking for the classroom and trying to figure out how to put my dogi and hakama on. very unsettling since i knew o sensei was probably waiting.