PDA

View Full Version : The Dom

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

dom
01-30-2006, 10:40 AM
Whatís up people.

My name is Dominic. Iím 29. I currently live in Kitakyushu Japan, but I am leaving soon to return back to Virginia. I have been body building for a few minutes, doing aikido for a couple, and doing karate for about one. The more I train the more I realize how much I lack. Before I started training I thought I knew something, now I realize I was mistaken. I am here to see what everyone has to say in these forums.

L8
-dom

akiy
01-30-2006, 10:53 AM
Hi Dominic,

Welcome to AikiWeb.

-- Jun

crbateman
02-01-2006, 05:18 AM
The more I train the more I realize how much I lack. Before I started training I thought I knew something, now I realize I was mistaken.You've begun to adopt the "beginner's mind". Embrace it. Now you really CAN start training. Welcome.

dom
02-01-2006, 09:06 AM
I have been training for a few years. I havenít begun to adopt anything. I will always have the beginners mind. Thanks for the invite guys.

-dom

crbateman
02-01-2006, 11:48 AM
Sorry if I offended. Your statement "NOW I realize I was mistaken." made it sound like a recent revelation. My mistake.

dom
02-02-2006, 06:07 AM
Not offended at all. It actually is a recent revelation. I have it just about everyday.

-dom

Jim Simons
02-02-2006, 08:06 AM
Dom, if I may ask, where in VA are you headed? I train in Richmond at a nice little dojo in the Fan, and I know there are also some terrific places to train in NoVA and elsewhere around the state. Or perhaps you're returning not only to VA but to a particular dojo? Either way, safe travels!

dom
02-03-2006, 09:48 AM
I am going back to my home dojo in Norfolk Virgina. I train under one of the best, if not the best Sensei there has ever been. I can't mention his name as he doesn't like it. But will tell you my home dojo is based at Old Dominion University and I can't wait to get back there. I love to train will people that make me look like nothing. Thanks for the question.

dom