PDA

View Full Version : my brain exploded and this is what came

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

aikidodragon
01-27-2006, 09:57 PM
we have all herd the ryhm
I was on the road to ST. ives,
and i met a man with seven wives,
each wife had seven sacks,
each sack had seven cats,
each cat had seven kittens,
so how many were going to st ives.
well only one was going to st ives, but how many were going the other way?

ElizabethCastor
01-27-2006, 10:24 PM
we have all herd the ryhm
I was on the road to ST. ives,
and i met a man with seven wives,
each wife had seven sacks,
each sack had seven cats,
each cat had seven kittens,
so how many were going to st ives.
well only one was going to st ives, but how many were going the other way?

Well as it turns out, the GHGN (that's the General Hollywood Gossip Network), did a special on this the other night ;) . According to their "insider story" the man from St. Ives was in drug rehab after a drunk driving accident. As it turns out the man was leading 7 different lives and none of the wives knew. :rolleyes: Though they found out quickly at the Betty Ford Family Visit Day :eek: . So, he was simultaneously divorced by all seven. They were all moving out and leaving the sorry jerk for good :( He was trying to convince them all to come back that he'd changed his ways when the reporter ran into him.

So if you are counting people leaving its 8 (the ex-wives plus "The Dude").

But, if you're counting the kittens and cats in sacks too it becomes a he// of a lot of cats and kittens (like 16,807)plus the 7 (ex-wives 16,814) plus the unlucky polygamist (16,815) :hypno:
(But of course I've never been a huge fan of math... and I'm sure this number is wrong!)

Or it could just be that the media poorly quoted and crossed metaphors and that the ladies were fighting like cats in a sack.... and that hey all had kittens when they first found out... in which case we're back down to a less traffic jammed 8 people... take your pick

Okay... the math made me dizzy. I'm going to have to sit down

Elizabeth

aikidodragon
01-27-2006, 10:38 PM
i agree the math is dizzying. I hate math , and now the number seven.
I missed the holly wood feature, do you know if they are rerunning that soon? lol
I would put smilies up but once again my computer is acting retarded

Lan Powers
01-28-2006, 10:47 AM
My computer is named Forrest.
Lan

aikidodragon
01-28-2006, 01:23 PM
high Lan
my words of wisdom for the day
RUN FOREST, RUN!!!

aikidodragon
01-28-2006, 05:43 PM
momma always said, "lifes like a box of chocklets, you never know what your gonna get inside."
Please add southern drawl

Steve Morabito
01-31-2006, 02:59 PM
The answer of who was going the other way depends on interpretation. The answer could be "one" if the man he met didn't bring any of the wives and all that other stuff with him. Was this man he met actually going the other way? Also when we are asked how many were going to saint Ives, are we thinking just people? People and cats and kittens? Do we include the sacks? If he did bring all the wives with him, and you don't include the sacks, the answer would be: 2,353.
(7 wives) X (7 sacks) X (7 cats) X (7 kittens) - (49 sacks) + (1 the man he met)
If you want to include the sacks, don't subtract the 49 sacks and you get 2,402.

The math isn't the hard part, it's figuring out the question, which can be interpreted in many ways. I think the moral of the story is to spay or neuter your pets. Oh yea, and pay attention in algebra class.
In good fun, and hoping I paid attention in algebra class,
Steve

aikidodragon
01-31-2006, 09:26 PM
wow!!!
Some one did the math, i hate algibra.
I hadn't considered the riddle in the way you did steve.
Yes i am counting man, wives, cats, and kittens. I all ways thought that group was going the other way.