View Full Version : Hello!

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Dave Fryers
01-18-2006, 01:58 AM
I have been looking at this forum for a while and like what I see (although don't necessarily agree with everything) lots of discussion and varied, even opposed, views.
A little about myself: I started studying Aikido when I was 13 I stopped physical practice at about age 34. The club(s) I studied with were not nationally recognised- but I have no problem with that, there was a lot of political in fighting in all the martial arts at the time (early 1970's) so our club did it's best to stay out of it.
I am now 46 and still have a strong interest in all martial arts but in particular Aiki and Jujitsu.

Dave F.

01-18-2006, 04:01 AM
Hi Dave,

welcome on board!

If you are still interested, what keeps you from practising Aikido?
IMHO the most fun thing about Aikido is actually doing it ;-)

Dave Fryers
01-18-2006, 08:08 AM
Time constraints origionally stopped me, but since then a fairly bad disc problem in my lower back. I had one short session on the mat ( about 2years ago), mainly not rolling / breakfalling but I certainly paid for it for several days later.

01-18-2006, 09:05 AM
Hi David,

Welcome to AikiWeb.

-- Jun

01-18-2006, 09:33 AM
I agree that the affiliation means very little - depends more on your sensei. However I'm suprised you've stopped physical training. Although you can't do what you used to be able to do, it doesn't mean you can't do something slightly different, and better. My chief instructor has this great phrase he uses for almost anything - just adapt yourself!

01-18-2006, 07:31 PM
Welcome aboard, David. But one of the rules is that you DO have to agree with everybody! :D

Dave Fryers
01-19-2006, 01:27 AM
OK Clark, as long as sometimes iwe can agree to disagree!