PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Japan/Dog in Japan

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Jory Boling
12-19-2005, 06:35 PM
Hi folks.
I'm finally doing it. I'm making the big leap. Okie from Muskogee to Yokie from Yokosuka.

Has anyone here done it or does anyone here know somebody that has taken a dog from the USA to Japan?

thank you much.
Jory

Upyu
12-19-2005, 07:15 PM
I take it you're in the military??
Then it'll probably be easier than most people. The whole immunization process is pretty long(not to mention expensive) I hear tho, and I believe they have to keep the dog quarantined for maybe a month?

Jory Boling
12-20-2005, 08:32 AM
no, not military. just a civilian. my wife's family lives there. so that's why we're moving.

Mato-san
01-02-2006, 08:39 AM
Do it! I did Dont look back, Find a master instructor that gives everything to everyone and run with it. Some tend to hold back, so on your arrival look around, talk to them. I went to five different dojos when I arrived here, most of them held back and explained my size was big and seemed intimidating to them, I finally found a sensei that said "hell yeah" bring it on with confidence, I respected that and definately made the right decision. So yeah go for it. Dont rush into anything. And be thankful to be were you are! (My advise)

Mato-san
01-02-2006, 08:41 AM
Ohh A dog? (I dont know)