PDA

View Full Version : visualization

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

GreenLizzard
12-17-2005, 01:46 PM
I was just wondering how many of you visualize doing techniques at home and if this has helped you. Once I get fairly decent at a technique I can practice on my own, visualizing a partner being there. I can use this to improve the technique and can even "feel" where the joints are being bent and how to better go about doing the technique. Does anyone else do this?

ccain85
12-17-2005, 02:50 PM
i have caught myself doin that in wal mart and just about anywhere else you can think of,lol. is it obsession or a search for perfection? :ai:

justin
12-17-2005, 04:16 PM
yep i follow the very same methord, methord in my madness and all that

ESimmons
12-18-2005, 01:30 AM
I think a better question would be who doesn't?

SeiserL
12-18-2005, 11:25 AM
IMHO, mental rehearsal is an important part of any athletic training program. Top elite athletes use sport psychology all the time, and the equipment is free.

DevinHammer
12-18-2005, 05:01 PM
You mean those people I've been training with in my bedroom don't really exist?

sullivanw
12-18-2005, 06:41 PM
You mean those people I've been training with in my bedroom don't really exist?

...or maybe it is they who exist, and you really don't... :confused:

I like visualization. It gets more of the brain involved.

tedehara
12-18-2005, 09:25 PM
...lol. is it obsession or a search for perfection? :ai:Is there a difference? :ki:

xuzen
12-18-2005, 11:15 PM
I was just wondering how many of you visualize doing techniques at home and if this has helped you. Once I get fairly decent at a technique I can practice on my own, visualizing a partner being there. I can use this to improve the technique and can even "feel" where the joints are being bent and how to better go about doing the technique. Does anyone else do this?

All the time. Now Grab My Wrist (TM) will ya' ?

Boon.

DevinHammer
12-30-2005, 03:53 PM
...or maybe it is they who exist, and you really don't... :confused:

I ache, therefore I am
:p

ccain85
12-30-2005, 05:03 PM
Is there a difference? :ki:

ok then, how bout, is there more to life than aikido? nahh cant be... but then there is...nahh, aikido is all i need :D