PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck

Please visit our sponsor:

dan guthrie
12-07-2005, 09:51 PM
Thursday night I'll be demonstrating for fourth kyu.

I'm not nervous, yet.

The training has been so great I think I'll start training as if I'm always getting ready for a kyu test.

justin
12-08-2005, 05:44 AM
good luck please tell us how it went, as i am always told before a gradeing fail or pass you have done well to be able to apply to test.

sure it will be ok.

SeiserL
12-08-2005, 08:07 AM
IMHO, if you have been asked to demonstrate, then you already know what you need to know. Relax, breath, get you head out of your own way, and show them what they already know you have. Our thoughts are with you.

Qatana
12-08-2005, 09:20 AM
Hey Dan, I'm going up for third kyu tonite as well! Best wishes for a great performance! For Both of us...
Now how did that nikyo go....?

Derek Gaudet
12-08-2005, 10:18 AM
Good Luck Dan, I agree if your asked to go then it's for a reason. Just preform how you usually do and you'll be fine. Don't let anything get in your head, and keep your uke in the air :D .

James Davis
12-08-2005, 10:59 AM
Don't worry so much about passing and failing. If nobody gets injured or killed, smile; it was a good night. :D

Nick Simpson
12-08-2005, 12:43 PM
Good luck and just enjoy the moment.

dan guthrie
12-08-2005, 10:25 PM
I made it in one piece. JO, GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!
I only had two brain farts what's ikkyo? oh yeah. I'm lucky that way. My mistakes were memory mistakes. I just did the wrong techniques.

Sensei just said "and NOW for a shomenuchi IKKYO."

The one thing I did, and I'm proud of adding it, I smiled as often as I could. We had three demonstrations and everyone else was so serious. I made a conscious effort to grin like an idiot.

I firmly believe that promotions are only an indicator for the person demonstrating. These events are milestones for the whole dojo's training. Everyone - whether they are on the mat or not - gets affirmation of their effort.

SeiserL
12-08-2005, 10:55 PM
These events are milestones for the whole dojo's training. Everyone - whether they are on the mat or not - gets affirmation of their effort.
My compliments to you, your school, and your Sensei.

Qatana
12-09-2005, 12:06 AM
Thanks Dan! I made it ,too!

I'm still not exactly entering, more like "putting myself on the line" and my footwork needs help, but my technique was good.I knew I was making mistakes when I made them, and kept on going the best I could, so I managed to pull off some pretty good techniques. I got the nikyos that were my downfall on my last test, no notes at all on my suwariwaza, complimented on my shihonage and I remember hearing a "good" somewhere in there...and made it through jiyuwaza without running away once.
It was a good test!

Nick Simpson
12-09-2005, 05:22 AM
Congrats the pair of you, keep up the good work!

James Davis
12-09-2005, 09:57 AM
Congrats the pair of you, keep up the good work!
Ditto. :)

odudog
12-09-2005, 11:16 AM
Where I practice, my Sensei tells that we have already passed the test since he says it is OK for us to test. He says that the test is just a demonstration for everyone else to see where we are in our training. But, it's still hard to keep calm because we are being tested by other Senseis {6th & 7th Dan}.

Karen Wolek
12-09-2005, 01:25 PM
Woo hoo! Congratulations to the both of you!