View Full Version : Hello all

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Derek Gaudet
12-01-2005, 11:04 AM
I just thought I'd take a minute to introduce myself. As you can see my name is Derek. A little about myself... I have been studying Aikido going on 6 years now. The style was a mix of Aiki Kai and Nihon Goshin. I've also studied other arts such as a few styles of karate do ( none of which I got considerable high ranking in), Tae Kwon Do, a little bit of Iai and kenjutsu ( will be continuing with my Iai after I get through University), and Jeet Kune Do, and currently continuing my Aikido studies along with Brazillian Jujutsu.
Unfortunately in mid fall of this year me and my instructor parted ways. We had a disagreement on the direction of the dojo (what with it becoming a karate Dojo and all the other classes, such as Jeet Kune Do and Aikido, getting cut out or in two. This all due to him getting offered a postion in the shorin ryu family,but hey whatever works for him), and decided it would be best if I left. Fortunately my BJJ instructor is helping me get a way to get tested for Shodan early 2006. I have been Ikkyu for maybe 15 or 16 months, but hey no biggy :D , it's the training that counts. Some of my old Aikido family still train with me outside of the dojo, so I still get my fix (aikido ;) ) most weekends. Well, Kind Regards....

12-01-2005, 11:17 AM
Hi Derek,

Welcome to AikiWeb.

-- Jun

Derek Gaudet
12-01-2005, 02:19 PM
Thank You Kindly