PDA

View Full Version : Aikido, beer & bikes

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

John (King John)
11-28-2005, 11:24 AM
Hello everyone. Don't imagine I consider myself a King. I used "King John" because this is what my buds call me at the "White Rose North East". Hi guys.
I have practised under sensei Tony Heseltine (5th Dan) at "Prince Bishops" dojo for 5 years. We are part of sensei Shane Riley's "White Rose" organisation in the North of England. I am still a beginner.
I like to drink beer and eat cake. :D
I also like motorbikes. :eek:

akiy
11-28-2005, 12:16 PM
Hi John,

Welcome to AikiWeb.

-- Jun

Ulises Garcia
11-29-2005, 12:24 AM
Hello everyone. Don't imagine I consider myself a King. I used "King John" because this is what my buds call me at the "White Rose North East". Hi guys.
I have practised under sensei Tony Heseltine (5th Dan) at "Prince Bishops" dojo for 5 years. We are part of sensei Shane Riley's "White Rose" organisation in the North of England. I am still a beginner.
I like to drink beer and eat cake. :D
I also like motorbikes. :eek:

Welcome on board, John. You'll love it here!

-U-

villrg0a
11-29-2005, 04:30 AM
Hi John, welcome to aikiweb. My eyes caugth this subject, aikido beer and bikes. In that order, its Shuryukan, San Miguel, and Honda Super4.

Happy browsing!

Mel

ian
11-29-2005, 05:24 AM
Hi John, Sensei Riley was my first instructor in 1987! I great bloke and I miss training with the crowd in Yorkshire (and Durham when we used to go up there to see Sensei Lockyer). Now I'm on the sunny shores of Northern Ireland where it never gets below 30degC and we train in thongs on the beach to prevent us sweating too much. Have fun! - I'm sure you'll get plenty of good experience up there.

happysod
11-29-2005, 05:54 AM
we train in thongs on the beach to prevent us sweating Thanks -this helps the diet nicely :yuck:

John, well all I can say is "oh dear, yet another Northerner... there goes the neighborhood!" (and being as I grew up in Seaton Sluice, I can say this to all you NE types with sheer impunity!)

John (King John)
11-29-2005, 06:36 AM
Hi John, Sensei Riley was my first instructor in 1987! I great bloke and I miss training with the crowd in Yorkshire (and Durham when we used to go up there to see Sensei Lockyer). Now I'm on the sunny shores of Northern Ireland where it never gets below 30degC and we train in thongs on the beach to prevent us sweating too much. Have fun! - I'm sure you'll get plenty of good experience up there.
Hi Ian, I imagine you will have met my instructor Tony because he started with Arthur Lockyear and was probably still with him in '87. Isn't Sensei Riley devastating? Definitely the real deal.

Nick Simpson
12-01-2005, 02:30 PM
Well well well, hello john, I saw you online on here the other day and I tried to read your profile to see if it was you, but I couldnt, So I forgot. Until now! Welcome, come and join the fun...

Ian, why you no say?

John (King John)
12-02-2005, 07:11 AM
Hello Nick. I'm dipping my toe in this world-wide-web lark. I tried to put the picture of me with Tony (which is on the Prince Bishops website) on the picture section of the profile. That wouldn't work, so I listed a website on the personal section of the profile. I can't believe that good looking beast is me. :crazy:

Nick Simpson
12-02-2005, 08:58 AM
Aaw, you both look so happy!

Steve Mullen
12-02-2005, 09:29 AM
i love how you have got it in quadruple to maximise the number of times we can see you. thats a good idea if ever i saw one.

Eric Webber
12-02-2005, 11:03 AM
Hi John, welcome to aikiweb. My eyes caugth this subject, aikido beer and bikes. In that order, its Shuryukan, San Miguel, and Honda Super4.l

aikido: any aikikai
beer: Bass Ale
bike: Triumph (though I am a fan of the Honda VFR)

John (King John)
12-04-2005, 10:45 AM
Pretty much any beer'll do, but I do like Stella Artois.
Triumphs are pretty cool especially the new Speed Triple and the Sprint, those triples do sound good!
The Honda Blackbird is good or the Yamaha Fazer 1000, just the thing for the ageing back. I did buy a new Suzuki 1400 but they couldn't supply it in the colour I wanted, bizarre.

mickeygelum
12-04-2005, 11:18 AM
aikido: any aikikai
beer: Bass Ale
bike: Triumph (though I am a fan of the Honda VFR)

Shodokan...Guinness...BMW90S/Triumph Bonneville.. ;)

Lan Powers
12-04-2005, 12:34 PM
Aikikai, Shinerbock, and a BMW R60..........Welcome to the aikiweb!
Lan

Nick Simpson
12-05-2005, 05:31 AM
Arent you popluar John? Who would have guessed the link between aikidoka, beer and bikes? Aikidoka and beer is well known, but bikes? Madness.

Seaton Sluice eh? I visited there in the summer and had a walk on the beach and a drink in a nice pub at the top of the beach/harbour thingy, seemed like a nice place.

Tim Gerrard
12-05-2005, 06:43 AM
Now then john, nice to have you on the site.

The ranks of White Rose online are swelling, soon the time will come Mwahahahahahaha......

.......I'll be quiet now............and I'l see you guys tonight.

happysod
12-05-2005, 07:38 AM
Nick, beautiful, if quiet place to grow up in, but certain streets all having the same last name did take some getting used to - apparently it's all for'ners now from down South (Newcastle & Gateshead)

Tim, time for your meds again

Tim Gerrard
12-05-2005, 08:10 AM
Timmah!!!!!

Steve Mullen
12-05-2005, 08:38 AM
quick someone distract has attention an ill stick him with this syringe

Nick Simpson
12-05-2005, 10:39 AM
'Now, you've had enough fun with the sectioning. There'll be no more sectioning today!' - PeepShow.

Pure genius.

Eric Webber
12-05-2005, 11:25 AM
quick someone distract has attention an ill stick him with this syringe

Around here we call that "the cocktale" - a lovely mix of Haldol, Cogentin, and Ativan, sure to knock down even an elephant :D

Tim Gerrard
12-05-2005, 11:47 AM
Nah. with steve you're more likely to get Rohipnol.

Steve Mullen
12-06-2005, 04:43 AM
that wasn't rohipnol, i just told you that to loosen you up a bit, it worked, you said that you had had fun didn't you

Tim Gerrard
12-06-2005, 08:14 AM
Bet you say that to all the boys....

Steve Mullen
12-06-2005, 08:33 AM
only the pretty ones tim, only the pretty ones