PDA

View Full Version : A VERY interesting article about Seagal

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Jorx
11-24-2005, 08:38 AM
http://www.crimelibrary.com/criminal_mind/scams/steven_seagal/index.html

...and his connections with mob and oddities. And this is the most publicly known "aikido person".

Aikilove
11-24-2005, 08:49 AM
Did you even read it? Nowhere did I read that Seagal was involved with the mob. The mob contacted Seagal to extort him and press him to do more movies with Nasso.
This "aikido person" is reportedly increadible at aikido, so hold your horse and don't judge people you don't have any real connection with.

/J

crbateman
11-24-2005, 12:55 PM
And this is the most publicly known "aikido person".He is not "publicly known" because of his Aikido skills, but because of his movie profession and on-screen persona, which is vastly different. His Aikido is very accomplished and respectable. You can't judge it by what he does in the movies, because that is glorified in order to sell tickets. He does not even categorize his movie stunts as Aikido at all. (Now, if somebody could just teach him how to RUN... :freaky: )

Paul Kerr
11-24-2005, 01:04 PM
please no

crbateman
11-24-2005, 03:04 PM
please noLOL :D

Jorx
11-25-2005, 01:21 AM
Yes, I read it. If mob wants to extort him that's a connection isn't it? And who is said he is famous for his Aikido skills? Of course he is famous as an actor.

I think if I summarize all the stories GOOD about Seagal and all the stories BAD about Seagal they're about equal.

He is a bragger in my mind as he challenged many other accomplished martial artists back in 80s yet ALWAYS avoided the ACTUAL challenges when they were coming to become real.

(exept for the (oh no this shit again) Gene LeBell one and other one with a kendo practicioner.)

And did YOU even read this article? About claims of being a CIA agent? About how he REALLY got to be the first not-japanese person to have a dojo in Japan and such?

Aikilove
11-25-2005, 03:44 AM
I think you are confusing the actor/entertainer/ticket-seller Steven Seagal and the Person and Aikidoka Steven Seagal.
I bow out of this one no... no point going on for the five hundred and sixty-eleventh time. Give it a rest.

odudog
11-25-2005, 11:25 AM
Mr. Bateman, good comment on his style of running! That brought a smile to my face. I thought that it looked extremely screwed up for the longest time. Good to know that I'm not the only person thinking this way.

aikidoc
11-25-2005, 04:48 PM
"He is a bragger in my mind as he challenged many other accomplished martial artists back in 80s yet ALWAYS avoided the ACTUAL challenges when they were coming to become real."

If I recall correctly, it was the other way around. I read the challenges by others in the martial arts mags. Others challenged him and he did not participate.

tenshinaikidoka
11-25-2005, 07:41 PM
Why is this a continual thing? Better yet, why do we care? He is an Aikidoka who happens to be an actor, so he will say things to float his boat. Doesn't take away from his ability in any way!!