View Full Version : Greetings and aisatsu from Toyota City

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Josh Reyer
11-24-2005, 07:31 AM
Hello, all.

My name is Josh Reyer. I started training in aikido when I was 17, now 12(!) years ago. I trained at the Twin Cities Aikido Center, and continued for about two years or so, before I became too busy with college, and fell away. I always meant to get back into it, especially while I was living in Japan from 1998-2001. I visited Hombu Dojo in 2000, as well as more local dojos, but a combination of time, distance, and money provided me with excuses not to continue.

For the four years afterwards when I lived in the States and had easy access to TCAC again, I have no excuse. I went to one session, stupidly shrunk my dougi by drying it, and never went back.

Now I find myself back in Japan, with a resolve to finally get to those things that I've always said "I'll get to eventually". The Aikido Toi Toyota Dojo is but a five minute walk from my house, and I've started going there. It's an Aikikai-affiliated Iwama style dojo taught by Yoichi Kawami sensei. It's good to be back into aikido, even though I'm starting from the beginning again. On one hand, I'm certainly not 18 anymore, but on the other, I feel Iike I have better sense of my body than I used to.

I look forward to learning from everybody here and picking your brains. And if anyone studies at TCAC, maybe I'll see you there when I get back home for the New Year.

11-24-2005, 10:22 AM
Hi Josh,

Welcome to AikiWeb.

-- Jun