PDA

View Full Version : Do you sleep with your Bokken?

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

barnibis
11-15-2005, 09:50 AM
Hi All,

I have been training in Aikido for about four years, and shortly after i started out, i began sleeping with my Bokken, i haven't ever really talked about it until now.

But also for some reason, i have this feeling that i might not be the only one.

Anyone else? any thoughts ?

o..

happysod
11-15-2005, 10:08 AM
Sensei said if I waxed my bokken whilst in bed with it I'd go blind, so I don't do that anymore - anyway, it's much easier to spoon with a tanto.

Steve Mullen
11-15-2005, 10:27 AM
Otto, never give these guys the type of opening afforded by saying you sleep with anything, it makes it too easy for them.

I used to keep my old bokken down the side of my bed, but when i got my live blades and a display stand for them, i found the only place was ontop of my dresser which for the record is right next to my bed, easy access for me to fend off the nasties (and to keep my girlfriend in check :D )

James Davis
11-15-2005, 11:08 AM
Otto, never give these guys the type of opening afforded by saying you sleep with anything, it makes it too easy for them.

I used to keep my old bokken down the side of my bed, but when i got my live blades and a display stand for them, i found the only place was ontop of my dresser which for the record is right next to my bed, easy access for me to fend off the nasties (and to keep my girlfriend in check :D )
Wow, and I thought that I was the only one! I also keep my katana right beside my bed. It's very low quality (I bought it at a flea market), but it's good enough to cut somebody down once if need be. I think that if I ever actually unsheathed it in the presence of an intruder, they'd probably hurt themselves running out of the house. :p

I've never actually slept with my sword, but I keep it close at hand.

On MY side of the bed.

I love my wife very much, but I have to be ready for any contingency. :D

ajbarron
11-15-2005, 12:09 PM
Once while driving across Canada I did sleep in a seedy hotel with my swiss army knife under my pillow. Does that count ?

And on another occasion my wife has sent me out to search for a "burglar", and my jo was handy.

If that ain't an opening what is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael Hackett
11-15-2005, 12:24 PM
Why did your wife WANT a burglar? I guess it gets really cold in Calgary.

bkedelen
11-15-2005, 02:47 PM
How many people have a high-celinged bedroom? If you do not, maybe you should sleep with a wooden short sword. Also having a contact distance weapon for home defense is probably exactly as effective as it sounds.

John Boswell
11-15-2005, 02:58 PM
You know, a jo leanig in the corner by the bedroom door is probably going to be just as efective as any bokken would be... and not quite as obvious as a wooden sword.

Just my 2 cents.

:D

Lan Powers
11-15-2005, 05:36 PM
Been known to keep my .357 on the headboard (narrow shelf there)
Gotta new bed, so now under the mattress is as close as it comes to hand.
(Sing out as you enter, please)...:)
Lan

Niadh
11-15-2005, 07:16 PM
Nope:
1 tomahawk,1 tanto, a shilealeagh, 2 dogs, my wife,and my stuffed bear that my 2 year old gave me.
2 jos and 2 bokken in the corner, a pair of short wooden swords, a baseball bat.
" and if that doesn't work I p___ on them "
what was that quote from?

emma.mason15
11-15-2005, 09:02 PM
who needs a bokken???
HAVE YOU MET MY DAUGHTER?????
okies ... so no .... I havent as yet ... but hey .... thats cuz sensei removes anything possibly weapon like from me before leaving the dojo ..... if he had the abilty .. I think hed remove my thumbs too!
:D :D :D :D

RebeccaM
11-15-2005, 10:47 PM
Y'know, sleeping with a bokken sounds mighty uncomfortable...

I keep an ice axe and an ice tool in my hall closet. Both are sharp enough to bang holes in ice. I've also got crampons and ice screws. Does that count?

happysod
11-16-2005, 03:36 AM
Otto, never give these guys the type of opening afforded by saying you sleep with anything, it makes it too easy for them and yet another humour thread heads dirtside (but thanks to Emma et al for bringing it back on track), ribald schoolboy jokes, poor puns etc. are nothing in the face of a martial artists ability to see a serious side to any situation... - Jun, any chance of making the humour section come up in a different colour, just for emphasis

PaulieWalnuts
11-16-2005, 03:46 AM
I prefer to sleep with cheap and easy women. :) :hypno:

iHeretic
11-16-2005, 07:41 AM
How many people have a high-celinged bedroom? If you do not, maybe you should sleep with a wooden short sword.

Done, and done :D I have a shokuto next to my bed...

James Davis
11-16-2005, 11:40 AM
Done, and done :D I have a shokuto next to my bed...
I have one in the spare bedroom! You guys are making me feel so much less wierd! Thank you all so much!! :D

barnibis
11-16-2005, 03:50 PM
I knew i wasn't the only one,

thanks guys! :D

o..

Mike Fugate
11-17-2005, 01:45 AM
Well...I do have swords in my room, but as for an intruder....You can have alll the blades you want, I'll keep my 9mm lets see who wins. lol :ki:

NixNa
11-17-2005, 01:48 AM
Once again it nv fails to crack me up .. WAHAHAHAHA... Ok serious stuff, haf u heard of the guy who slept with his bokken and woke up the next morning finding his ... missing.. ok sorry thats another story.

Roman Kremianski
11-17-2005, 07:29 AM
I slept with it once when I just bought it, unfortunatly, in the middle of the night my cat began using it as a scratching post, so now it's safely stored in my closet. :(

Thanks for coming forward Otto. Now we know better then to enter your room at night. :)

-Roman

barnibis
11-17-2005, 08:12 AM
Good morning guys,

you know on a more serious note,

i often wonder why i do it, because now its just a habit.
i think about it each time before bokken class, i reach into the bed for my bokken, and not to the weapons rack.

I don't even think its nessesarily about defense or self protection, (or maybe deep down inside it is)

but i remember old storeys of warriors who whould never be without their ken. And during a time where the warrior class was prohibited from carrying their ken, they switched to bokken, worn symbolically (although like musashi one could just as well bludgeon his apponent to death as cut him ).

While i have switched back and forth between bokken and jo as my favourite weapon, now come to think of it, I think the ken will always be my favourite. I think that skillwise i am at about the same for both, but in the end i sleep with my bokken.
:)

o..

Steve Mullen
11-17-2005, 08:18 AM
otto, doesn't your jo get jealous of you sleeping with the bokken all the time?

happysod
11-17-2005, 09:14 AM
Steve, a valid point, but the real problems come as they get older and you revert to childhood problems, yes I'm talking about that most taboo of all subjects - whittling in bed.

We at the "keep sharp things away from the old folk" insulting centre are often inundated by letters from relatives and partners of chronic whittlers begging us to help. We advise that all wooden weapon spooners (wws) should be weaned off their weapons gradually, until finally even the most ardent wws will be quite content with a lollipop stick - be warned, do not use the commercially available "woodern substitutes", every year no less that 0.9 people in Lower Beefstock are hideously scratched by canvas tanto, a statistic no one should be proud of.

Ron Tisdale
11-17-2005, 10:03 AM
Splinters, anyone??? :)
R

Steve Mullen
11-17-2005, 10:14 AM
Splinters, anyone??? :)
R

Now that is truly disturbing :eek: :uch: :hypno: :yuck:

markwalsh
11-17-2005, 10:30 AM
Serious - When we're asleep we're at our most vulnerable - this is by far the best time to kill someone (see tactics of attacking at night, from ninjas to SAS). We know this psychologically, so keeping weapons handy makes sense on some level.

I slept in some less than safe environments on me travels - and now usually wake up instantly if someone enters the room I'm in - I once grabbed the sister of my roommate by the throat as I didn't know she was in the house, and she was reaching for something in my bedside cabinet (said sorry LOTS!!!).

I guess the question is, what's putting you in a state where you feel the need for a bokken? I heard in Canada people leave their doors open :)

If it helps any - when a current 8th dan Shihan was an uchi deshi - He slept with his bokken because he was concerned about a ghost at hombu.

Less serious - No...it's too easy :)

Steve Mullen
11-17-2005, 10:54 AM
i find that a well handled bokken can become more than a mere weapon, it can be a changer of t.v. channels, a switcher on and off of lights, a mover of things that are in the way of other things.

jducusin
11-17-2005, 12:30 PM
Personally, I haven't found myself quite *that* lonely yet. I mean, I love my weapons, but they just don't keep ya warm at night. :D

Ulises Garcia
11-17-2005, 03:36 PM
Waking up in the morning with your bokken beside you. That brings a whole new meaning to "Morning Wood" :D

-U-

James Davis
11-17-2005, 04:08 PM
Waking up in the morning with your bokken beside you. That brings a whole new meaning to "Morning Wood" :D

-U-
:rolleyes:

<groan>

Ketsan
11-17-2005, 05:52 PM
I keep a variety of weapons in the draws under my bed and also around my room. Actually some days you can bearly see the floor for weapons.There's always a weapon or two within reach.
It's very likely infact that an intruder, upon entering my room, would slip over on a jo or something and break their neck. At which point I would roll over and mutter "Watch your ukemi". :D

Nick Simpson
11-17-2005, 06:13 PM
'a mover of things that are in the way of other things'

Classic.

emma.mason15
11-18-2005, 05:07 AM
*giggle* ...
yeah .... I love you guys and yer weapons too!!! :D :D :D
wha????? ohhh comeon ..... I had to say it!!! ..... it was begging me to!

James Davis
11-18-2005, 11:13 AM
*giggle* ...
:eek:

Control, Emma. Control.

emma.mason15
11-19-2005, 04:47 AM
:eek:

Control, Emma. Control.

Yeah .... but I wouldnt have been true to myself if I hadnt said it!!!!
*breathes* ... ok .... Im done :D ;) ;) :D

merlynn
11-20-2005, 02:09 PM
*giggle* ...

hey emma dont all guys wake up with a wooden tool :p

Goye
11-20-2005, 07:09 PM
Normally, my bokkens sleep together inside a case in my dojo.Close to my bed i keep my sword, it is just because it was the best place I could find to place it.

Im not specting a ninja visit during night, are you??

emma.mason15
11-21-2005, 02:12 AM
Normally, my bokkens sleep together inside a case in my dojo.Close to my bed i keep my sword, it is just because it was the best place I could find to place it.

what a man in black ... visiting me in the middle of the night and creeping in my bedroom???? ... sigh ... a girl can like in hope!!!!! :D :D :D ;)

merlynn
11-21-2005, 03:41 AM
what a man in black ... visiting me in the middle of the night and creeping in my bedroom???? ... sigh ... a girl can like in hope!!!!! :D :D :D ;)

*slap* control your self emma your shameless girl ok ok im wishing too :D :D :D :p :blush:

Michael Cardwell
11-21-2005, 07:50 AM
hey emma dont all guys wake up with a wooden tool :p

Yeah you're right, but I think that its a tool for a slightly different purpose. :o

merlynn
11-21-2005, 10:14 AM
Yeah you're right, but I think that its a tool for a slightly different purpose. :o

michael what ever can you mean :blush: :D :p

Steve Mullen
11-22-2005, 07:33 AM

Yours truly is a strange dojo if you only think that it is for a different purpose :D

Tim Gerrard
11-22-2005, 08:06 AM

Whoa, so girl's actually like this? Wow, I might actually wake them up rather than just watching them! evileyes

Only joking!!! :D

Nick Simpson
11-22-2005, 08:07 AM
Ah, the old 'The only way to win a girls heart is to kick her door in at 4am...' one.

James Davis
11-22-2005, 11:30 AM
Ah, the old 'The only way to win a girls heart is to kick her door in at 4am...' one.
I don't know about all that... :confused:

If you bring chocolate, she'll probably like you more. :D

RebeccaM
11-22-2005, 11:34 AM
You can skip the door kicking and just bring the chocolate.

James Davis
11-22-2005, 11:38 AM
I rest my case. ;)

Tim Gerrard
11-22-2005, 01:33 PM

Right, where do you live? I'll give you the chocolates and find someone else's door to kick in :D

Nick Simpson
11-22-2005, 02:12 PM
Oh go on then Tim, you can have her, dont say Im not charitable :P

Goye
11-22-2005, 02:20 PM
:D Ok girls,.. send me your addresses,.. i already bought chocolates and ninja stuff ,..... :p :D :D

merlynn
11-22-2005, 03:06 PM
:D Ok girls,.. send me your addresses,.. i already bought chocolates and ninja stuff ,..... :p :D :D

but i dont like chocolates :( i like whippin.................. cream :D :p ;)

jducusin
11-22-2005, 03:24 PM

Heh --- that's more like "win a trip to the hospital" if the girl happens to be an Aikidoka. :D

Nick Simpson
11-23-2005, 05:15 AM
Wow, weve single handedly debauched aikiweb! Karen, your a very naughty girl...

Eric Webber
11-23-2005, 11:11 AM

I've never had a ninja invade, but I have on two separate occasions had flying squirrels in my apartment in the middle of the night. They are quick, sneaky, and scare the heck out of you when they go flying through your bedroom! :eek: AHHHH!!!!!!!

James Davis
11-23-2005, 11:36 AM
I've never had a ninja invade, but I have on two separate occasions had flying squirrels in my apartment in the middle of the night. They are quick, sneaky, and scare the heck out of you when they go flying through your bedroom! :eek: AHHHH!!!!!!!
Teenage Mutant Ninja Flying Squirrels? :p

Nick Simpson
11-24-2005, 03:23 AM
Srsly guys, stop, Im scared.

Steve Mullen
11-24-2005, 05:03 AM

Out now for christmas 2005 :D

Tim Gerrard
11-24-2005, 06:32 AM
All the cool kids have them. My favorite's Canneloni.

Hero's with a Nut shell!

I'll be quiet now.....

happysod
11-24-2005, 07:07 AM
OK now stop it, you're starting to mess with the Turtles and that's just beyond the bounds of respect - take heed before I rat on you all to Splinter and then we'll see who's laughing!

Eric, leave the rodents alone. Karen, put the clotted cream down slowly and move away from the door, the man is obviously sconed.

The rest of you, get back to the serious thread of inappropriate uses of weapons in the modern aikido household. Could I perhaps refer you all to that well known series of articles by C. Lumsy shihan - "my life without lightbulbs" and "Look how big my bokken is " to give you some indication of how seriously we must approach this subject.

Tim Gerrard
11-24-2005, 07:53 AM
Eric, leave the rodents alone. Karen, put the clotted cream down

Yeah! put it down your.......STOP IT!!!! STOP IT!!!! :eek:

For god's sake, I really don't know what's wrong with me. :freaky:

:p

plus i need to stop using emoticons :sorry:

Nick Simpson
11-24-2005, 08:44 AM
Emoticons r teh 3v11.

Goye
11-24-2005, 02:41 PM

:D :D jajajajaj :D LOL :D jajajajajajj :D :D

merlynn
11-25-2005, 03:14 AM

well nick i may be naughty but you love it ;) :p :D

Nick Simpson
11-25-2005, 06:50 AM
True :)

merlynn
11-26-2005, 08:00 AM
well i may have debauched aikiweb , but after one of my classes last week i was thinking of using my bokken for something other than the purpose it was ment for :mad: :grr:

RDReavis
11-26-2005, 04:36 PM
I don't even want to know... :)

Ulises Garcia
11-27-2005, 01:32 AM
well i may have debauched aikiweb , but after one of my classes last week i was thinking of using my bokken for something other than the purpose it was ment for :mad: :grr:

You mean you were not going to move stuff around with it anymore? Oh!, you were talking about the other purpose it was meant for. My bad...

So, what's the story? ;)

-U-

RDReavis
11-27-2005, 01:20 PM
Once I get my bokken, I might sleep with it...
But aren't we leaving out jo and tanto? They might get jealous... :)

Ulises Garcia
11-27-2005, 01:37 PM
Once I get my bokken, I might sleep with it...
But aren't we leaving out jo and tanto? They might get jealous... :)

Unless, of course, you sleep with all of them. Probably a "menage a quattre" :D :D

-U- :)

RDReavis
11-27-2005, 01:49 PM
Unless, of course, you sleep with all of them. Probably a "menage a quattre" :D :D

-U- :)

Heh, Indeed :)

emma.mason15
11-29-2005, 01:26 PM

hold on ... i resent that .... me, me, me. what about me ....... play with m ...... errrr .....Ok ..... I'll be quiet now!! :D :D :D

emma.mason15
11-29-2005, 01:28 PM
Going back to the Ninjas with chocolate ..... can I just have a chocolate ninja? :D :D :D :o

James Davis
11-29-2005, 05:08 PM
I'll be quiet now!! :D :D :D
You won't get any chocolate until you are. :D

Ulises Garcia
11-29-2005, 07:38 PM
You won't get any chocolate until you are. :D

Woa, James. Cut her some slack. She's just being herself. That's fun.

Here Emma. I brought you a couple of chocolate ninjas with marshmallow katanas. I also brought you a caramel samurai, but I didn't know if you would like it. I hope you do :)

-U- ;) :D

RDReavis
11-29-2005, 09:00 PM
I brought you a couple of chocolate ninjas with marshmallow katanas
Mmmmmmm...marshmallow katanas...

James Davis
11-30-2005, 10:52 AM

Here Emma. I brought you a couple of chocolate ninjas with marshmallow katanas. I also brought you a caramel samurai, but I didn't know if you would like it. I hope you do :)

Okay, just don't bring her any licorice whips. ;)

emma.mason15
12-01-2005, 08:36 AM
Okay, just don't bring her any licorice whips. ;)

ooooooo noooow i liiiike that idea ..... liquorishy goodness! :drool: :D :D :D

emma.mason15
12-01-2005, 08:40 AM

i looooove you!!!
when can ya u bring em round :D

Steve Mullen
12-01-2005, 10:43 AM
wow, from the images i have got from this thread i feel like i should be paying 1.50 per minute

James Davis
12-01-2005, 11:59 AM
wow, from the images i have got from this thread i feel like i should be paying 1.50 per minute
Make that check payable to James Davis. :p

Ulises Garcia
12-01-2005, 02:11 PM
i looooove you!!!
when can ya u bring em round :D

Emma, the chocolate ninjas were here just a moment ago! They even had liquorice shuriken (sorry, no whips). Where are they!? :eek:

Mmmmmmm...marshmallow katanas...

Richard, did you eat Emma's chocolate ninjas!? :confused:

James Davis
12-01-2005, 04:15 PM
Emma, the chocolate ninjas were here just a moment ago! They even had liquorice shuriken (sorry, no whips). Where are they!? :eek:

Richard, did you eat Emma's chocolate ninjas!? :confused:
I'm holding them until she's quiet. ;)

emma.mason15
12-02-2005, 03:32 AM
I'm holding them until she's quiet. ;)

*big pouty lower lip tremble!* ... u know im gunna cry! .... MINE MINE MINE!!!!! :sorry:

emma.mason15
12-02-2005, 03:33 AM
Make that check payable to James Davis. :p
Im assuming me and karen will get our share of this! :D

Steve Mullen
12-02-2005, 10:13 AM
either way its gonna be worth it.... please, continue

James Davis
12-02-2005, 10:58 AM
*big pouty lower lip tremble!* ... u know im gunna cry! .... MINE MINE MINE!!!!! :sorry:
Sorry, Emma. I tried one of your chocolate ninja. They weren't really chocolate, just chocolate covered. :yuck:

Those poor guys... :( :dead:

The ears weren't bad though. :D

emma.mason15
12-03-2005, 12:16 PM
[QUOTE=James Davis, Jr.]Sorry, Emma. I tried one of your chocolate ninja. They weren't really chocolate, just chocolate covered. :yuck: [QUOTE]

OMG ..... you promise???? .... mmmmmmmmmm ... now whered I put the cream ......

Oi ... Karen ..... share...... can I have some of that over here please!

emma.mason15
12-03-2005, 12:23 PM
Sorry, Emma. I tried one of your chocolate ninja. They weren't really chocolate, just chocolate covered. :yuck:

Oi ... Karen ..... share...... can I have some of that over here please

merlynn
12-05-2005, 06:42 AM

Oi ... Karen ..... share...... can I have some of that over here please

here you go emma :D now what can we use the cream for when we run outta chocolate???? :p ;)

Steve Mullen
12-05-2005, 08:10 AM
Dam i love this thread

Tim Gerrard
12-05-2005, 08:29 AM
Ever thought of posting in the gallery section? Or we could start a competition.....Miss Aikiweb. Entries to my PM inbox please...... :drool:

James Davis
12-05-2005, 11:15 AM
here you go emma :D now what can we use the cream for when we run outta chocolate???? :p ;)
Topping for the caramel samurai? :confused:

:eek: :blush: Girls, I am so scandalized. You're scaring me! Can't you behave yourselves?

emma.mason15
12-05-2005, 04:36 PM
Topping for the caramel samurai? :confused:

:eek: :blush: Girls, I am so scandalized. You're scaring me! Can't you behave yourselves?

behave??!? ..... beeeehaaaaave .... I know Ive heard that word somewhere ..... just cant think ..... HEY .... KAREN .... can we behave??? or is that only if they've been very very good boys? :D ;) :D

emma.mason15
12-05-2005, 04:41 PM
Ever thought of posting in the gallery section? Or we could start a competition.....Miss Aikiweb. Entries to my PM inbox please...... :drool:
well now theres a thought ... but what would you substitute the swimsuit section with? :p

merlynn
12-05-2005, 04:43 PM
behave??!? ..... beeeehaaaaave .... I know Ive heard that word somewhere ..... just cant think ..... HEY .... KAREN .... can we behave??? or is that only if they've been very very good boys? :D ;) :D

bee hive aint that wer we get hunny from? good boys mmmmmmm ill have to see depends how good they have been! :drool: mmm what can i do with hunny?????? ;) HEY EMMSY WAT DO U THINK

James Davis
12-05-2005, 04:43 PM
Very very good boys? You won't find them here. I guess you don't have to behave. ;)

Keep doin' what you're doin'. You folks provide me with little doses of fun when I log on. :D

The check's in the mail. :p

emma.mason15
12-05-2005, 04:51 PM
Very very good boys? You won't find them here. I guess you don't have to behave. ;)

Keep doin' what you're doin'. You folks provide me with little doses of fun when I log on. :D

Good oh .... and BTW thw limited edition Christmas special pic is in the post .... Karen looks especially vcute in her santa outfit! LMAO :D :D :D :p ;) ;)

merlynn
12-06-2005, 03:30 AM
Good oh .... and BTW thw limited edition Christmas special pic is in the post .... Karen looks especially vcute in her santa outfit! LMAO :D :D :D :p ;) ;)

:blush: who said i was wearing anything??? opps :p yea just my santa hat and a smile thats all it is :D and emmsy is just holding a candy cane ;)

James Davis
12-06-2005, 11:08 AM

Why did I encourage them? :rolleyes: :D

merlynn
12-06-2005, 02:26 PM
Why did I encourage them? :rolleyes: :D

we thank you kind sir

emma.mason15
12-06-2005, 02:30 PM
I need no encouragement .... but its always welcome! ;)

Ulises Garcia
12-06-2005, 03:19 PM
I need no encouragement .... but its always welcome! ;)

I love this thread! And to think it all started with people sleeping with their bokkens... :D

Emma, Karen, do send me a copy of your pics, please. I'd love to join your fan club! :drool:

-U-

merlynn
12-06-2005, 04:19 PM
I love this thread! And to think it all started with people sleeping with their bokkens... :D

Emma, Karen, do send me a copy of your pics, please. I'd love to join your fan club! :drool:

-U-
oooooooooooooooo emmsy we got a fan club! bless we we'll be here all night

emma.mason15
12-06-2005, 06:19 PM
of course i have a fan club ...... sheesh K ... didnt ya know? ..... and its only 500 to join

merlynn
12-07-2005, 11:03 AM
of course i have a fan club ...... sheesh K ... didnt ya know? ..... and its only 500 to join

sheesh i wish some one would give me that much :( lol hell emmsy ill join your fan club just dont forget to send me my badge that says number 1 fan on it :D

toyamabarnard
12-07-2005, 12:57 PM
Hello everyone!!! I have several Bokken and swords. The Bokken stay in a case, but I keep one of my "real" swords in the bed next to me if I'm alone or just to the side of me (within easy reach) if I'm.......having company. The Katana is always in a position for Iai draw and to make sure I can keep my back to a wall or slide to the side for an exit. I have knives in drawers, under sinks, I even have one hanging on the wall behind the clothes in the closet (nailed upside down for easy access). I know where they all and I can move about the house even in complete darkness. A habbit formed of years. This isn't from paranoia, just being prepared (at least I hope :D )I don't ever "expect" to need any of it, but I'd imagine most people who could have used it didn't expect it either.

As for the rest, I keep chocolate chip cookies next to the bed for a healthy snack, and I never wear anything but my blankets to bed. I guess if I have to rush out in the winter I'll be pretty cold, but at least the sword will let the neighborhood just believe I'm a nutjob :rolleyes:

Nick Simpson
12-07-2005, 01:14 PM
Thats one more house crossed off the 'christmas burgling list' TM, for me.

emma.mason15
12-08-2005, 02:24 AM
Hello everyone!!! I have several Bokken and swords. The Bokken stay in a case, but I keep one of my "real" swords in the bed next to me if I'm alone or just to the side of me (within easy reach) if I'm.......having company. The Katana is always in a position for Iai draw and to make sure I can keep my back to a wall or slide to the side for an exit. I have knives in drawers, under sinks, I even have one hanging on the wall behind the clothes in the closet (nailed upside down for easy access). I know where they all and I can move about the house even in complete darkness. A habbit formed of years. This isn't from paranoia, just being prepared (at least I hope :D )I don't ever "expect" to need any of it, but I'd imagine most people who could have used it didn't expect it either.

As for the rest, I keep chocolate chip cookies next to the bed for a healthy snack, and I never wear anything but my blankets to bed. I guess if I have to rush out in the winter I'll be pretty cold, but at least the sword will let the neighborhood just believe I'm a nutjob :rolleyes:

dude your one serious weapons enthusiast ....... me .. i keep my daughter to hand and let her sleep without her muzzle .... :D :D :D

James Davis
12-08-2005, 11:53 AM
Thats one more house crossed off the 'christmas burgling list' TM, for me.

He already told us where the weapons are... evileyes

and he said he had cookies. :p

Never mind. I don't want to have to fight a naked guy. :yuck:

Nick Simpson
12-08-2005, 01:41 PM
Never mind. I don't want to have to fight a naked guy

Thats the part that put me off too.

My grandad used to make swords at work in his sparetime, his house was burgled once by a couple of guys so he woke my uncle up and they chased the guys down the street with a sword each, a scimitar and a greatsword I believe. The police were sympathetic.

James Davis
12-08-2005, 04:07 PM

My grandad used to make swords at work in his sparetime, his house was burgled once by a couple of guys so he woke my uncle up and they chased the guys down the street with a sword each, a scimitar and a greatsword I believe. The police were sympathetic.
RAWK! :cool:

emma.mason15
12-09-2005, 03:06 AM

LOL :D :D :D

Goye
12-09-2005, 08:18 AM

Do you have pictures of that??,.. i`m sure it was funny!! :D :D

emma.mason15
12-09-2005, 01:38 PM
Never mind. I don't want to have to fight a naked guy. :yuck:

wooooah .... how did i miss that little gem ...... hoooooold everything ... im WELL up for fighting naked guys ...... and if karen could comment (which she cant unfortunatly) ... she would say the same thing ..... BRING ON THE NAKED DUDES! :drool: :D ;) :D

James Davis
12-09-2005, 04:41 PM
wooooah .... how did i miss that little gem ...... hoooooold everything ... im WELL up for fighting naked guys ...... and if karen could comment (which she cant unfortunatly) ... she would say the same thing ..... BRING ON THE NAKED DUDES! :drool: :D ;) :D
Why can't Karen comment? :confused: What have you done with her?! :eek:

emma.mason15
12-09-2005, 05:13 PM
Why can't Karen comment? :confused: What have you done with her?! :eek:

shes serving penance ..... just call me Madame Whiplash! LMAO :p :D ;)

Nick Simpson
12-11-2005, 10:09 AM
Do you have pictures of that??,.. i`m sure it was funny!!

Unfortunately not, It was years ago, like nearly 20 years. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall though...

emma.mason15
12-11-2005, 05:53 PM
Unfortunately not, It was years ago, like nearly 20 years. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall though...
u me and the rest of the aikiwebbers

Tim Gerrard
12-12-2005, 10:37 AM
BRING ON THE NAKED DUDES! :drool: :D ;) :D

Isn't this leading back to the 'kick your door in at 4 in the morning' topic? Minus ninja suits?

Nick Simpson
12-12-2005, 10:46 AM
You cant kick someones door in without a ninja suit! You'd just be a freak then.

James Davis
12-12-2005, 11:50 AM
You cant kick someones door in without a ninja suit! You'd just be a freak then.
Yeah, you'd have to use an axe. ;)

aikidodragon
12-12-2005, 06:09 PM
Well lets see. I have my cat, my bokken and joe, my graphite cane and two meddle cane. Lets not forget any who attacks a blind person is just asking for it.

James Davis
12-13-2005, 12:06 PM
Well lets see. I have my cat, my bokken and joe, my graphite cane and two meddle cane. Lets not forget any who attacks a blind person is just asking for it.
Yeah, all the blind martial artists in the movies are bad ass. ;)

kaishaku
12-17-2005, 10:33 PM
Hrm. My closest tool is actually a Mossberg 12 gauge, but the Smith & Wesson model 36 (38 special) is pretty nearby too.

emma.mason15
12-18-2005, 02:45 PM
ur giving me nothing to work on now ... i may have to invade another thread! ;) :D

merlynn
12-19-2005, 06:20 AM

oooooo naked men why would i want to fight off naked men ooooooohhhhhh hell no mmmmm there is this really cute guy in my dojo damn it now where did i put that mistletoe :D

Goye
12-22-2005, 09:22 AM
Triyng to be serious,.. look what i found today in Aikido Journal. Shihan Chiba is talking about shihan Kanai at the end of the article there is something related with this thread.

http://www.aikidojournal.com/article.php?articleID=157

Take care,.. and Merry Christmas to all,..

rtist
12-29-2005, 09:38 PM
Man, I've got to get to the UK sometime ...

emma.mason15
01-04-2006, 03:08 PM
hmmmmm i go away for a couple of weeks and everyone slacks off its just not good enough ..!

James Davis
01-05-2006, 12:28 PM
hmmmmm i go away for a couple of weeks and everyone slacks off its just not good enough ..!
Show us how it's done, then!! :D

emma.mason15
01-06-2006, 02:19 AM
Show us how it's done, then!! :D

i could do that ... but then id have to kill you! :D

James Davis
01-06-2006, 11:51 AM
i could do that ... but then id have to kill you! :D
Bring it. :straightf I'll meet you at the airport. evileyes

emma.mason15
01-07-2006, 07:40 PM
Bring it. :straightf I'll meet you at the airport. evileyes

ohhhh i love it when a guy gets all masterful :D :p :drool:

James Davis
01-09-2006, 12:07 PM
ohhhh i love it when a guy gets all masterful :D :p :drool:
Masterful? Meaning I'm the best at what I do? :)

:confused:

You meant that in a naughty way, didn't you? :eek:

Nick Simpson
01-12-2006, 06:07 PM
Ok, srsly, guys; You all need to get a hotel room and just do nasty things with each other, this thread is far too long and FAR too frustrated ;)

Matt Molloy
01-13-2006, 03:24 AM
Whoa! Nick's got a birthday cake next to his name.

Happy birthday Nick!

(Sorry for going off topic here.)

Cheers,

Matt.

Nick Simpson
01-13-2006, 07:34 AM
Why thank you sir, the big 23 today :)

Matt Molloy
01-13-2006, 10:58 AM
Why thank you sir, the big 23 today :)

Congratulations. I wish I could remember being 23 but I think I was inebriated at the time..... For the whole year.

Have a great time the rest of the day.

Cheers,

Matt.

PS. Shouldn't one of the Aiki Sirens be helping you celebrate this?

James Davis
01-13-2006, 11:23 AM
Ok, srsly, guys; You all need to get a hotel room and just do nasty things with each other, this thread is far too long and FAR too frustrated ;)
No way. My wife would kill me, whoever she caught me with, and possibly you for suggesting it! :eek:

Besides, I can't afford that kind of round trip air fare. :p

Happy B-day, Nick. Enjoy 23. :D

Mark Freeman
01-16-2006, 06:38 PM
PS. Shouldn't one of the Aiki Sirens be helping you celebrate this?

Where do I find one ( or more ) of these?? do they travel in packs or are they solitary nocturnal creatures? ;)

Dajo251
01-17-2006, 12:14 AM
nope,I dont sleep with my bokken its in easy reach though, along with a jo, a fairly sturdy walking stick, a bunch of knives, two pool cues and a didjurridu(sp?) yup...

Nick Simpson
01-17-2006, 05:21 AM
Thanks guys, had a nice civilized time! Sorry If that gets you in trouble james!

emma.mason15
01-18-2006, 09:04 PM
Where do I find one ( or more ) of these?? do they travel in packs or are they solitary nocturnal creatures? ;)

its a well known fact that Aikisirens can only be found and "DORYS DOJO!"
lol

they are generally solitary creatures ... found wandering around dark parks waiting for unsuspecting attackers! (and WOW dont you feel sorry for those blokes!!!)
lol
other than that i suggest you look in your own dojo ... theyre the ones that are EITHER all sxy and forthright .... or look all mousey and timid!
its like a WELL KNOWN COMPUTER GAME / CARTOON gotta catch em all! :D :D

emma.mason15
01-18-2006, 09:05 PM
Thanks guys, had a nice civilized time! Sorry If that gets you in trouble james!

civilized? ... and you call yourself aikidoka?
Im disgusted .... youve been a bad boy ... go to my room!
LMAO! :D ;) :D

James Davis
01-19-2006, 12:07 PM
civilized? ... and you call yourself aikidoka?
Im disgusted .... youve been a bad boy ... go to my room!
LMAO! :D ;) :D
DON'T GO NICK, IT'S A TRAP! :eek:

Nick Simpson
01-19-2006, 01:31 PM
It's alright, Wor lass will save is!

emma.mason15
01-21-2006, 03:32 PM
It's alright, Wor lass will save is!

ok ... am I the only one that went .... eh??? ... when they read this?

Nick Simpson
01-23-2006, 06:33 AM
I doubt it. Come on, it's not that hard to work out is it?

happysod
01-23-2006, 07:14 AM
Dawn northerners with their impenetrable slang... well, me dogs are barking so I'm done posting, grabbing my titfer and off down the apples and pairs for a good pint of Nelson at the rubadubdub

Mark Freeman
01-23-2006, 08:04 AM
its a well known fact that Aikisirens can only be found and "DORYS DOJO!"
lol

they are generally solitary creatures ... found wandering around dark parks waiting for unsuspecting attackers! (and WOW dont you feel sorry for those blokes!!!)
lol
other than that i suggest you look in your own dojo ... theyre the ones that are EITHER all sxy and forthright .... or look all mousey and timid!
its like a WELL KNOWN COMPUTER GAME / CARTOON gotta catch em all! :D :D

We do have some sxy and forthright and some mousey and timid aikidoka and that just within the guys!

I'd better start wandering around around the park after dark, and as I see the light fading outside, I'm off....... :D

emma.mason15
01-26-2006, 08:48 PM
I doubt it. Come on, it's not that hard to work out is it?
oooooo arrrrrrrrr moy Lov ver ...... I be a sou'westner .... I cant read ... and i cant write ... but I can drive a tra'er .....
so .... in replyin' to yooooo .... aye it be 'ard for me to be figurin' tha' out!

emma.mason15
01-26-2006, 08:50 PM
I'd better start wandering around around the park after dark, and as I see the light fading outside, I'm off....... :D

just so I know, your the one in the black hoodie right?? :D