PDA

View Full Version : Hiroshi Isoyama Shihan Seminar

Please visit our sponsor:

Mike Bissonette
11-11-2005, 04:38 PM
On October 28, 29 and 30 Tacoma Aiki Dojo hosted a seminar with Hiroshi Isoyama Shihan, 8th Dan, Aikikai.
The seminar was a great success with some 60 participants from California and Oregon as well as Washington.
We would like to thank everyone who came and made this such a wonderful experience, especially Isoyama Shihan, his assistant Azuma Sensei and Shihan's old friends Tomizawa Sensei, Mitarai Sensei, Asai Sensei and Akashi Sensei, who traveled with him from Japan to attend the seminar and renew their friendship with Tacoma Aiki Dojo Sensei, Fujiko Gardner.

Please see our website http://tacomaaikidojo.com/gpage.html6.html for additional information and seminar photos.

Michael Bissonette
Head Instructor
Tacoma Aiki Dojo

akiy
11-11-2005, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the report, Mike. I've had the pleasure of training with Isoyama sensei in the past. I hope you get to invite him out again next year.

-- Jun

Mike Bissonette
11-12-2005, 12:33 AM
Your very welcome Jun.

This was Isoyama Shihan's 6th seminar with us. I believe next year he will go to his good friend Paulson Sensei's Isoyama American Aikido Academy in Santa Clarita CA. We hope he will return to our Dojo in 2007.

Michael Bissonette
Head Instructor
Tacoma Aiki Dojo

tenshinaikidoka
11-13-2005, 09:38 PM
I would like to take this moment to thank Bissonette Sensei and the Tacoma Aiki Dojo for hosting this event and allowing those not affiliated with his dojo and/pr "style" to attend. It was great to interact with all the different people and see different approaches. I had a very good time and hope to train again with the Tacoma Aiki Dojo people. You are all very welcoming and friendly.

Brandon Needham

Mike Bissonette
11-14-2005, 10:17 AM
Your very welcome Brandon.

Michael Bissonette
Head Instructor
Tacoma Aiki Dojo