PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get to Japan...

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Yokaze
10-27-2005, 11:27 PM
Good day to all!

It has been a while since I last posted... and it's good to be back.

Anyway, a friend and I are considering a trip to Iwama sometime within the next year... possibly for a few weeks, possibly for a much longer-term stay. I would of course make arrangements with any dojo I'd want to train at beforehand, but right now my trouble is securing plane tickets that won't break me.

I am a student of limited means, I am afraid, and I know that the cheapest round-trip tickets to Japan will run me at least 600 USD each.

Yes, I know that Japan is about as far away from California as one can physically get... but I have heard there are ways to get cheaper tickets in exchange for acting as a courier. Is there any information on this? I have scoured the web, but my searches have come up empty.

Any help or advice is appreciated!

Thank you for your time.

Brad Darr
10-28-2005, 12:45 AM
Try STA travel if you are a student and under 35 they usually have good deals. Also somtimes they have package deals for tours and different things. Also be aware that visa stuff for Japan can be complicated so start planning now, I just went through it all to work here and it is complicated. Hope that helps. If you are near a big city they usually have an STA office or somtimes universities have a branch on campus. Good Luck

Brad