PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

myles
10-08-2005, 04:44 AM
I've just joined the Shodokan Aikido club at my university. I've had two lessons and have learned the basic footwork, done some breakfalls and had the chance to try a few standing techniques, the names of which I can't remember.

Ed Shockley
10-08-2005, 07:29 AM
I'm a shodan, sempi and weapons instructor and am still "learning" the basic footword. -smile-

myles
10-08-2005, 09:46 AM
Hi. I meant to say that I'd learned the sequence of steps, not that I was fast or graceful. I'm sure you meant to say "footwork." (",)

Ed Shockley
11-30-2005, 11:37 AM
"Footword" a Freudian slip but appropriate since I am literally learning the Japanese in preparation for a trip to Hombu and I am as awkward speaking as I am throwing.

odudog
12-01-2005, 02:50 PM
Welcome to Aikido Mr. Kenihan. I don't practice Yoshinkan but I have a 3 DVD set of Yoshinkan Aikido by Shioda Sensei. If you get a chance to purchase them, your money will be well spent! In fact, I've been watching them at work recently since I have a break from school.

Mr. Shockley: you don't need to speak Japanese to attend Honbu. The Senseis don't speak in the main hall. Four fast demonstrations then practice, at least that's what they did when I was there 3 yrs. ago on vacation.

Ed Shockley
12-03-2005, 07:54 AM
Language is culture. When you travel to a land and don't speak the language you miss two thirds of the experience. Some of my best lessons have been in coffee shops after practice.