PDA

View Full Version : hi gang

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

jakeith
09-26-2005, 12:28 PM
I wasn't going to post, but after reading the threads, I figured..why not?

I have just started in aikido but I have been interested in it for many, many years. I saw a demonstration while in high school and the image has never left me. My older brother has been taking aikido for about 6 years (he's preparing for his shodan test) and I finally have put a serious interest in starting..I asked for his suggestions on a style...he lives in houston, I'm in San Marcos, CA..he came to aikiweb and found a dojo for me. WHAT A FIND!!! I go to Hidden Valley Aiki Kai which is run by Mike Gallo Sensei. I went in like a kid heading to an arcade with $20 in my pocket...eager and excited!!. Gallo Sensei made me sit and watch a class before signing up...once again I was struck by the beauty of the art...the flow and harmony. Gallo Sensie continually teaches about the blend of aikido into life and how what we learn in the dojo, will help us through our daily endeavors.

My first class was last Wednesday...then I went Thurs, Fri and Saturday morning :) (Saturday afternoon was spent on the couch) I haven't felt a passion like this since I picked up a guitar..I just want to learn and practice! My girlfriend says I'm obsessed and she's right.

I am also continually impressed with the people..everyone I have met are so giving with their patience and knowledge (not to mention their bodies for uke). I hope to grow and give back everything that I am learning.

joseph

akiy
09-26-2005, 12:40 PM
Hi Joseph,

Welcome to AikiWeb and to aikido.

-- Jun