PDA

View Full Version : Hitohiro saito

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

carla valverde
08-17-2005, 06:52 PM
does anybody knows if hitohiro is still teaching in tokyo some days of the week? And does anybody knows if its acceptable practicing in both aikikai hombu and iwama? Thanks

crbateman
08-17-2005, 10:26 PM
There is some political delicacy here. After his father's death, Hitohiro Saito and Aikikai Hombu severed their relationship, and purview of O'Sensei's Iwama dojo and the Aiki Shrine returned to Aikikai Hombu. Hitohiro Sensei founded his own organization exclusive of Aikikai influence, the Iwama Shin Shin Aiki Shurenkai, still located in Iwama. I am unsure if the parting was an agreeable one, and it is possible that participation in both organizations would be frowned upon by one or the other, at least for the time being. But my view is from the outside looking in. Perhaps members of one or both groups will weigh in with some more helpful information.

PaulieWalnuts
08-18-2005, 02:22 AM
He dont teach there anymore his tokyo dojo exepct for seminars. I know it is still there and studenst still practise there and come up to iwama at the weekends.
As for training both, do you mean in iwama? thde answer would be no. If you where uchideshi you would have to decided under H or nemoto. Even sotodeshi you would probably be told to choose 1 way only.

carla valverde
08-18-2005, 06:47 PM
Thanks to Stefen and Clark. I think I have to seriously meditate on this. thanks anyway.