PDA

View Full Version : Awwos from Michigan based newbie

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Psy-Kosh
08-02-2005, 02:50 PM
Hellos all. I've just started doing Aikido about a month ago, and so far enjoying it lots. :) I guess based on those RP threads in the humor section, I'd count as a baby elf. :) (ie, I'm doing the Aikikai flavor)

Let's see, what else... Nothing I can think of right now, so just... Hi!

akiy
08-02-2005, 03:14 PM
Hi Josef,

Welcome to AikiWeb.

-- Jun

Psy-Kosh
08-02-2005, 07:47 PM
Thanks. :)

Bronson
08-03-2005, 11:05 PM
Hi Josef,

Welcome to AikiWeb and Michigan Aikido :D There're a few of us Michiganians floating around here of various styles. If you ever plan on traveling around don't be shy about visiting us.

Bronson

rachmass
08-04-2005, 07:07 AM
Welcome Josef,

We are in the same dojo - I don't think I've met you yet. Will try to ferret you out in class sometime. Lots of nice folks out here on the web, and in the dojo. Have had the pleasure of meeting and practicing with Bronson twice now, so I know the MI group is a good one.

Look forward to meeting you soon.

Rachel

Psy-Kosh
08-04-2005, 01:36 PM
Welcome Josef,

We are in the same dojo - I don't think I've met you yet. Will try to ferret you out in class sometime. Lots of nice folks out here on the web, and in the dojo. Have had the pleasure of meeting and practicing with Bronson twice now, so I know the MI group is a good one.

Look forward to meeting you soon.

Rachel

Neat. :) And So far I only go to the basics (and basics weapons) and mixed classes. (ie, mondays, tuesdays, and thursdays 6-7)

And looking forward to meeting you too.

Psy-Kosh
08-04-2005, 01:39 PM
Hi Josef,

Welcome to AikiWeb and Michigan Aikido :D There're a few of us Michiganians floating around here of various styles. If you ever plan on traveling around don't be shy about visiting us.

Bronson

Thanks. :)

As for travel, well already do a bit in the sense of I wanted one of the softer flavors, but nearer to where I live were, IIRC, Yoshinikan dojos and such. Net effect is to get to my dojo, I'm making a 75 mile round trip each time. (yeah, round trip, so not as bad as each way, but given gas prices, I imagine my travel costs may very well beat my dojo fees. *whimpers* )

rachmass
08-05-2005, 06:26 AM
Ah Josef, I have met you! You are the bloke who travels in from a distance. You've had my class once (I think I taught the first night you were there). Good to put a face with a name (takes me awhile).

See you on the mat. Enjoy AikiWeb - Jun has put together a great site!

Psy-Kosh
08-05-2005, 01:29 PM
Ah Josef, I have met you! You are the bloke who travels in from a distance. You've had my class once (I think I taught the first night you were there). Good to put a face with a name (takes me awhile).

See you on the mat. Enjoy AikiWeb - Jun has put together a great site!

Ohhh, so that's you. Okay. Actually, I think you've taught me at least twice.

And yes, sure seems neat. (Actually, though I just started posting, been looking at the site for a while, was one of the resources I used when researching Aikido to see if that's what I wanted and which flavor, etc etc etc)