PDA

View Full Version : Cooperation of aikidokas

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

kocakb
07-25-2005, 03:50 AM
Hi;

On Weekend, I realized that we are a very big organization, throughout the whole World. Our main reference point is aikido, and we all try to define our life with confidence, love and peace and wish a secure world. There are hundreds of aikiweb members and we think the same way.

So, why are we not going one step further? Why are we not getting closer and be a big family? We are all trying to earn our lives, I think we could work together, try to solve our problems together. I offer to make together business. How will that work; for example I am in Turkey – Istanbul. If any of you think to do business in Turkey or want to visit Turkey for any reason, or anything else, I would like to help you for your organizations or works. (A brief info about me, I have a BSc and MSc degree in Mining Engineering / Istanbul Technical University; I have been working as Tunnel and Geotechnical Engineer for 4 years at a civil engineering company and still continuing PhD in Engineering Geology. I speak German and English; I can be helpful for engineering works and any other work of interests as well and have also close relations with people in Austria – for further connections).

I would like to hear your opinions and suggestions, too.

Bülent

Neil Mick
08-02-2005, 09:02 PM
Hi Bulent:

I'm sorry we lost connection around April: I was busy with Training Across Borders. (http://www.aiki-extensions.org/tab.html) You might want to take a look at the website: the goal of the seminar was to bring together Aikidoists from troubled lands, in a spirit of harmony and friendship. Your post sounds like you have compatible interests to TAB (also, I could introduce you to the TAB rep's living in Istanbul, now, and they could talk about it, in person).

Among groups beset by chronic tensions, aikido practice has been shown to enhance communication. Aikido workshops led Greek and Turkish Cypriots to confirm its benefits as an unforgettable peacebuilding metaphor. Croatian, Muslim, and Serbian practitioners trained together nonstop through the Sarajevo meltdown, and aiki training for Bosnian leaders outside the country led to peace-building projects.

Send me an email if you (or anyone else) would like to participate/help out with TAB 2, which is still in the planning stages.

P.S. I only got to visit Istanbul for a few days, in 2004, for a weapons seminar. Lovely city, huge. I DID get to see the Blue Mosque and the Topkapi Harem...that was fun.

The carpet-sellers were not, lol.

Abasan
08-09-2005, 02:01 AM
Yeah I remember the Carpets there... Very hardy silk though, and for deep pockets only.

Anyway, sounds like a great idea. But in any internet based relationship, aikido - love and peace not withstanding, be prepared to be ignored, rediculed or even played at.

Still, I will take this opportunity to extend advice and cooperation for anyone interested to come to Malaysia to deal. I've been involved in property development some 7 years now, with a tangible link to a listed company here with some 5000 acres of development land. Also doing work now with fertilisers and security management systems (Yeah I know how they complement each other).