PDA

View Full Version : London terror bombing!!!!

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

JJF
07-07-2005, 05:53 AM
A terrible bombing has occured in London this morning. Terror activity is suspected.

At least six bombs has exploded in and around the subway and many people are still trapped in the tubes.

My best wishes goes to everybody in London and I send my deepest sympathy to the families and friends of the victims.

It's terrible and I find it completely unbelievable and unforgiveable that anybody can do such terrible deeds towards innocent people.

Regretably

JJF
07-07-2005, 06:20 AM
New Info:

According to CNN these locations has been hit by bombs:

Aldgate station
Edgware Road
King's Cross
Ole Street
Russell Square
Tavistock Square

Tony Blair has announced that he will leave the G8-meeting in Scotland and has declared that he expects this to be a terror-assault.

Yann Golanski
07-07-2005, 07:34 AM
Wind of Change has a good round up so far: http://www.windsofchange.net/archives/007137.php

The BBC site provides up to date info as well. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4659093.stm

The financial time article: http://news.ft.com/cms/s/811a3330-eec3-11d9-8b10-00000e2511c8.html

The mobil phone network has been cut so don't dispair if you cannot get to loved ones/friends. Land lines are jamed.

Keep tuned to TV rather than the net as information is flowing more there.

Number of dead is unknown but is likely to be in the hundreds -- this is a guess by myself.

akiy
07-07-2005, 10:14 AM
My thoughts go out to everyone in London. Please let us know how you are over there...

-- Jun

Yann Golanski
07-07-2005, 10:33 AM
More links and analysis on Winds of Change and Instapundit: http://www.windsofchange.net/archives/007138.php and http://instapundit.com/archives/024085.php...
I am sure that www.strategypage.com will have something by the time most of the US reads this.

The BBC keeps its site updated: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/uk/2005/london_explosions/default.stm this is the URL for the "In Depth" section which is now online.

Right, last post with links.

akiy
07-07-2005, 11:19 AM
The Wikipedia page on the attacks is very comprehensive as well:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7_July_2005_London_bombings

-- Jun

happysod
07-07-2005, 11:31 AM
I've been lucky, no-one I know has been directly involved. My sympathies to all those caught in this recent round of venal hatred.

Janet Rosen
07-07-2005, 11:39 AM
My heart is in London this morning, with the bereaved, with the caregivers.

aikigirl10
07-07-2005, 12:12 PM
23 now confirmed dead on the news. My prayers to all those in London.

Ron Tisdale
07-07-2005, 12:13 PM
My best to all concerned...

Ron (what a messed up world we've created for ourselves)

xuzen
07-07-2005, 09:42 PM
Britain have shown from history to be a nation with steadfast determination and iron will resolve when confronted with adversity. This episode will not not be any different.

My sympathy goes out to the victims and their families. Kudos also to the emergency workers... well done!

God willing, the perpetrators of this heinous crime shall be brought to justice speedily.

Boon.

Neil Mick
07-08-2005, 12:46 AM
My sympathies go out to the victims of this latest attack.

I guess that this is what we can expect with the "War on Terror." They blow up trains and buses: we drop cluster bombs in civilian markets.

In the end, innocents suffer. How sad, for us all.

Dirk Hanss
07-08-2005, 01:32 PM
Neil wrote
My sympathies go out to the victims of this latest attack.

I guess that this is what we can expect with the "War on Terror." They blow up trains and buses: we drop cluster bombs in civilian markets.

In the end, innocents suffer. How sad, for us all.

Thanks, Neil, and all the others,
I have a lot of friends and colleagues in London and luckily none of them suffered more than not knowing, how to come to work or home.
And no one of the victims deserved such a brutal attack.

And I do not want to blame any afflicted Western country, as the thin path between being passive and being super-violent is not easy to find. Not for individual conflicts and not for the big ones.

But it is good to know that others see potential consequences of politics similar than me, nowadays especially if they are American.

And to all those American, including the soldiers, having different views. I do respect many of them, I just cannot share.

Regards Dirk

emma.mason15
07-08-2005, 04:28 PM
I have realtives in london and also my sister in law is a nurse at great ormand street ... she says the sceans we're horrific .... I cant understand the level of these people ... or how they can blame their actions on religion / race/ gender ect ... its a simple case of sick people soing sick things ....my heart for our londonders .... but we may be a small nation but we are a great nation ... we have strong allies and amazing relations with other great nations .... together we will beat terrorism and shall not give in to the fear that rests deep ... it is what they are after and bullies thrive on fear ... STAND STRONG

Abasan
07-08-2005, 11:18 PM
I feel really bad at what has happened. Especially since I have over 5 years memory shared in that country and its people. Sadly, its culprit is seen as the islamic extremist movement again. That sucks.

But what makes me proud is that the british people have not be cowed and they are doggedly going about their normal lives without the mass hysteria and whiplash effect that this tragedy could easily have afforded. PEACE.

Lorien Lowe
07-08-2005, 11:56 PM
Condolonces and love to all of the folks on that island over there.

Those vicious ba****ds must not study a lot of history... England hasn't broken before a bombing attack yet.

Neil Mick
07-09-2005, 10:19 PM
Personally, I think that the important thing for the British people, over and above "standing strong," is to not give way to fear (I am confident that the British would stand strong, even if the attack were far worse). The situation makes the Muslim community in Britain vulnerable to attack by angry citizens and overzealous immigration officials.

No, the most important thing, IMO: is to keep a cool head, and not give into fear and prejudice.

dan guthrie
07-10-2005, 12:44 PM
One radio reporter overheard this (paraphrased) from an older woman:

"We didn't cowtow to Hitler, why should we to this lot?"

She was complaining that authorities had closed ANY unbombed bus or train lines on the day of the attack. I'd buy her a cup of tea and a biscuit if I could find her. :)

Yann Golanski
07-11-2005, 03:50 AM
Neil,

I believe that no terrorsit movement has _ever_ got what it wanted.

BTW, notice how the BBC never says "terrorist" when it happens in Iraq or Afganistan or Israel but suddenly does when it's on UK soil?....

mj
07-11-2005, 03:55 AM
Neil,

I believe that no terrorsit movement has _ever_ got what it wanted.
Nelson Mandela.

Amir Krause
07-11-2005, 08:14 AM
My condolences to all who know of a casualty, and wishes of well being to any injured.

Amir

Yann Golanski
07-11-2005, 08:23 AM
Mark, I stand corrected. Does anyone know of any statement issued post 1980 and before his release by Nelson Mandela as to whether or not he renounced armed struggle?

Dirk Hanss
07-11-2005, 11:28 AM
I step out here.
I am glad that aikidoka can discuss in a better way about this topic than I would have expected any other forum.
But although I participated in that 'political' disussion, I'd like to remind everybody that the focus of Jørgen's thread should be the victim's.

The other arguements are important, but maybe better restricted to the "what if Bush..." thread - or a new one.

Regards Dirk

Joost Korpel
07-11-2005, 04:30 PM
My sympathies to all the friends and family of the victims in this cowardly attack on innocents.

I was planning on vacationing in London next week with my family. You know what? I'm more determined to go then ever. Kudos to Londoners for their refusal to cower in fear from terrorism. Your bravery and determination to overcome this, is an inspiration to me.

Yann Golanski
07-12-2005, 03:35 AM
Joost,

Good for you. London is a wonderful place. Happy holliday.