PDA

View Full Version : Poll: To what extent is how tired you get in your aikido training under your control?

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

AikiWeb System
07-03-2005, 12:30 AM
AikiWeb Poll for the week of July 3, 2005:

To what extent is how tired you get in your aikido training under your control?

I don't do aikido
Entirely under your control
Very much under your control
Somewhat under your control
Not very under your control
Not at all under your control

Here are the current results (http://www.aikiweb.com/polls/results.html?poll_id=279).

Jeanne Shepard
07-03-2005, 07:17 PM
Again, it depends. I try to go all out, and how tired I get depends on what the teacher is presenting that class.

Jeanne

aikigirl10
07-03-2005, 07:23 PM
I can keep myself from getting tired if i do everything halfway , or if i refuse to do nothing at all. Basically what i saying is , that in my dojo , as long as u are doing what my sensei says to do , there is no way u wont go home tired.

Yann Golanski
07-04-2005, 08:49 AM
I voted not at all since in my dojo, the training is geared to push people's limits everytime we train. Then again, we are shodothugs the lot of us: pain is weakness leaving your body and sweat is lazyness pouring out of your body -- to paraphrase another poster on another thread...

Know your limit and always train a little harder.

Dirk Hanss
07-06-2005, 08:04 AM
My English is really damned bad.
I entered the discussion, because I did not really understand the question. Something was wrong.
Paige's reply brought me to the idea but I had to read it 3 times again to get it
"To what extend is it under your control, how tired you get in your aikido training?"
And I thought, making sentences difficult was typical for German. Especially for those German, who had some Latin classes. ;)

Usually I am exhausted, at least at the end of the training and I should be able to get it under my control, right breathing, doing the exercises fluently but without hectic, etc. :D

But after the training, sitting in the train to get home, I am not tired at all. At least much less than going home directly after work without training. :)

Dirk

cck
07-06-2005, 09:30 AM
Not very much under my control in the sense that I don't choose the techniques we practice and how we practice them. Some days we will hardly break a sweat, and on other days it's all throws and you end up gasping like a fish out of water. What gets me is usually not being nage, it's having to get up again every time I am thrown. So, exponentially, the more throws we do, the more I have to get up and down and run back at my partner = quite exhausted. It does help with breathing, though - once I'm worked over, my only check is to control my breathing. Now, if I could just do that proactively...

ruthmc
07-07-2005, 04:09 AM
I'd say it's very much under my control. It's my responsibility to eat so I have sufficient energy to train, to drink so I am hydrated, and to learn economy of movement so I can do more with what energy I have.

Ruth

Jeanne Shepard
07-07-2005, 07:08 AM
I'd say it's very much under my control. It's my responsibility to eat so I have sufficient energy to train, to drink so I am hydrated, and to learn economy of movement so I can do more with what energy I have.

Ruth

Good point, in a bigger picture sort of way.
If I remember to drink enough during the day and eat properly and get enough sleep it has a tremendous impact.

Jeanne

pezalinski
07-27-2005, 01:25 PM
I show up, I train, I get tired.

I'm 40 years old - Isn't that supposed to happen?

:)

charron
07-27-2005, 02:58 PM
Only if that is what youexpect to happen! :p