PDA

View Full Version : Osu!

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Adam Huss
06-27-2005, 08:35 PM
Hello to all.
My name is Adam. I just joined this forum the other day even though I've been coming to this web page off and on for awhile now. I am originally from Ohio in the U.S.A. I started Aikido in 2001 but have been doing martial arts for over ten years (started when I was 9 or so with GoJu Ryu Karate). I am a brand new Aikido shodan of just a couple of weeks ago. I am finishing up my tenure as uchideshi at a Yoshinkan style dojo. My original dojo is under one of Fumio Toyoda Shihan's former students in the Aikikai "style." Other styles I "play around with" would be Iaido (Kashima Shinto and Suri Ryu(sp?)), Uechi Ryu Karate, MCMAP, and GoJu Ryu. The end of this week marks the completion of six months as an uchideshi and I head back to Ohio to my original dojo. Basically I love to talk and read about Aikido and am looking forward to learning as much as I can from everyone in the forum.
Good training to all!
Osu!
~Adam

Ichi Go, Ichi Ei.

akiy
06-27-2005, 09:34 PM
Hi Adam,

Welcome to AikiWeb and thank you for your introduction.

-- Jun

maikerus
06-27-2005, 11:45 PM
I am finishing up my tenure as uchideshi at a Yoshinkan style dojo.

Hi Adam,

Welcome to Aikiweb. I hope you enjoy it.

What Yoshinkan dojo are you being a uchideshi at?

Osu!

--Michael

Adam Huss
06-28-2005, 04:20 PM
Howdy. I am uchideshi at the Chudokan Dojo in Ontario, Canada. The dojo cho is Blok Kevin Shihan. Its been quite the experience. Its great to have the chance to be uchi deshi in North America at a full time dojo and one that has Kenshu classes as well. Tonight is actually my last kenshu class and my last week as uchideshi. I'm gonna hate leaving, but that is life. I see that you are in Japan? My teacher has a few friends there and, in fact, just got back from the Kamakura festival with Terada Sensei. They also went to the 50th anniversary. THey were mostly in Yokohama, I think, but they were there for 17 days or so. Unfortunatley, Blok Sensei didn't take me as otomo becuase he wanted me to stay back at the Chudokan and get ready for my shodan shinsa (and believe me, I had A LOT to do to get ready...I'm originally from an Aikikai dojo).
Anyways, thanks for the greeting. Look forward to learning from yourself and everyone else.
Good traning to you!
Osu!
~Adam

Ichi Go, Ichi Ei

maikerus
06-28-2005, 07:34 PM
Howdy. I am uchideshi at the Chudokan Dojo in Ontario, Canada. The dojo cho is Blok Kevin Shihan. Its been quite the experience. Its great to have the chance to be uchi deshi in North America at a full time dojo and one that has Kenshu classes as well. Tonight is actually my last kenshu class and my last week as uchideshi. I'm gonna hate leaving, but that is life. I see that you are in Japan? My teacher has a few friends there and, in fact, just got back from the Kamakura festival with Terada Sensei. They also went to the 50th anniversary. THey were mostly in Yokohama, I think, but they were there for 17 days or so. Unfortunatley, Blok Sensei didn't take me as otomo becuase he wanted me to stay back at the Chudokan and get ready for my shodan shinsa (and believe me, I had A LOT to do to get ready...I'm originally from an Aikikai dojo).
Anyways, thanks for the greeting. Look forward to learning from yourself and everyone else.
Good traning to you!
Osu!
~Adam

Ichi Go, Ichi Ei

Hi Adam,

I saw Kevin Blok at the 50th anniversay. I hadn't seen him for about 12 years, so it was nice to see him and others from your dojo. I originally started Aikido under Kimeda Sensei (who was also at the 50th anniversary) in Hamilton and I also made it out to the chudokan for a couple of seminars many, many years ago.

Congrats on your shodan. Good work.

Osu!

--Michael