PDA

View Full Version : immortality?

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

malsmith
06-25-2005, 08:55 PM
has anyone out there heard of or read anything by ray kurzweil??
he has this new theory that in about twenty or thirty years we will have the technology that will allow us to live forever, in good health, and slow or even stop our biological clocks.
do you really think that could happen or do you think that is just some fantasy? :confused:

if you want to look into more go to www.KurzweilAI.net it is pretty interesting.

Zoli Elo
06-26-2005, 05:06 AM
Seemingly some of his base assumption rely on quantum level computational power in the hands of the masses. Unless there are revolutionary new methods in entanglement control (correlation between the spin of an ion and the polarization of light) and superconductivity the breakthroughs he foresees are going to be hard pressed to start happening.

Edit: However, what he says sounds neat - a bit too much like Sci Fi though.
Zoli Elo

Dirk Hanss
07-08-2005, 01:55 PM
I might be wrong, but do you know that Kurzweil is just the German word for disport, i.e. the opposite of boredom?

So although there might be serious science behind it, to me it is just a big joke.

Dirk

aikigirl10
07-08-2005, 03:37 PM
i smell BS

DustinAcuff
07-14-2005, 12:38 AM
doubt it. some of this guy's stuff may be solid, but being within a mile of the nukes created during the manhattan project was supposed to be perfectly safe and only leave a minor sunburn on exposed areas of the skin....a few years later and we figured out it was a good idea at the time but hindsight was 20/20.