PDA

View Full Version : Nice Video

Please visit our sponsor:

mazmonsters
05-31-2005, 12:57 PM
Greetings all. I read a thread about the video I created last year, www.ryokuaki.com/video/brian/mpg. First of all, let me introduce myself. My name is Matthew and I live in Michigan. The video is taken from our Aikido class' first 6 months in existence. We have been in existence for a little over a year now, under Brian Wojonowski Sensei, who is a police officer in Warren, MI. This is his first class he is teaching, and he trained under Kastumi Nikkura Sensei for 10 years. The website desperately needs to be updated. The video was to promote Aikido in general and was originally a Christmas gift for our Sensei out of our appreciation for his teaching. He is the one who wanted to put it on the web. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me. Also, my production company, M.A.T.E. is brand new in its existence. My brother, Nate, and I are the company. So the name is a collaberation of our two names, Matt/Nate. Also, I recently visited the Tenshin Aikido dojo in Orlando, FL. I must say that I was extremely impressed. It is the best dojo I've trained at.
Thanks,
Matt

Choku Tsuki
05-31-2005, 03:43 PM
I think Matt meant to provide this link:

http://www.ryokukai.com/video/brian.mpg

Brad Darr
05-31-2005, 11:33 PM
I liked the video it was well done. I only take isse with one thing, which is in the intro you say that O'sensei dedicated himself to "Bushido the way of the warrior". You should have used Budo, bushido is the list of etiquette and ethics that was used by the samurai. Budo is the warriors path. It is a slight difference but as far as I know O'sensei did not embrace the bushido code. Other than that great video. Any chance you could give some more info about Katsumi Nikkura sensei, as I have never heard of him.

mazmonsters
06-01-2005, 08:08 AM
Thanks for the compliments and the info on Budo vs. Bushido. Nikkura Sensei was a student for several years under the founder, and he also is highly ranked in Judo and Karate...he is heavily involved in Ki healing, and supposedly healed his own daughter from cancer with Ki energy. This is what he dedicates most of his time to now. He is also 16th generation Samurai. His website is www.ryokukai.com. Thanks,
Matt

Ron Tisdale
06-01-2005, 08:12 AM
He is also 16th generation Samurai

Ah, no, he isn't, unless I am greatly mistaken...there are no 'samurai' anymore. His ancestors may well have been samurai, but there haven't been any more since the Meiji Restoration, I believe.

Ron

rob_liberti
06-01-2005, 09:16 AM
I think it is an over-statement to be called a samurai (one who serves), but those are common in the Japanese and US culture. Heck, I was informed that 'you are Japanese now' last time I was in Japan (and DNA would suggest otherwise!). The basic story was that I had kicked a shihan who asked me to kick him and word got back to my sempai in Japan. The main one told me (translation) 'You are Japanese now. Next time, you make sure you do not hit them. You will know and they will know, and no one else needs to know'. If I can be Japanese, this guy can be a samurai.

Rob

Ron Tisdale
06-01-2005, 03:15 PM
:) You can't be japanese, and this guy can't be a samurai... :) and we both know it...

Ron (hehe)