PDA

View Full Version : Aikido artwork copyright issues

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Ecosamurai
05-03-2005, 10:34 AM
Hello all,
we're designing t-shirts for our Aikido club here in Aberdeen, we really like some of the Oscar Ratti drawings on the Aikido FAQ but I don't know enough about the copyright issues involved in stea... reproducing the images on the back of a t-shirt.

A lot of that stuff I've seen all over the place on the net but it never
hurts to be on the safe side.

Any help would be lovely, or indeed if anyone wants to offer any of their own Aikido artwork for display on our backs then we'd love to be a billboard for you.

Thanks

Mike Haft

mj
05-03-2005, 11:40 AM
Everyone and their brothers have stol...used Ratti's work.

Misogi-no-Gyo
05-03-2005, 03:18 PM
Hello all,
we're designing t-shirts for our Aikido club here in Aberdeen, we really like some of the Oscar Ratti drawings on the Aikido FAQ but I don't know enough about the copyright issues involved in stea... reproducing the images on the back of a t-shirt.

A lot of that stuff I've seen all over the place on the net but it never
hurts to be on the safe side.

Any help would be lovely, or indeed if anyone wants to offer any of their own Aikido artwork for display on our backs then we'd love to be a billboard for you.

Thanks

Mike Haft

I met with Oscar Ratti last year to discuss some martial arts topics. He is a very nice man. Why don't you just ask him if you can use them for your t-shirt? I think that if it is a dojo shirt, and not for public sale, then perhaps it might be more palitable. Of course, you could offer to note him as the artist right on your shirt in small letters.