PDA

View Full Version : Hi there

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Ben Eaton
04-06-2005, 02:17 AM
Hello everyone, I'm Ben Eaton, 15 from the UK.

Just started Aikido last week and from what I saw and was taught in just that lesson alone I've become really excited about it. Planning to go in for the long haul, at the moment I'm practising the First Form as my sensei taught me, until next lesson, and am reading up as much as I can on the art.
The thing I'm having the most problem with at the moment, is learning and remembering the names of the techniques, being totally new to this.

These forums and this site stands out against most of the rest, and I'm enjoying reading through.

Greg Jennings
04-06-2005, 05:37 AM
Hi Ben,

Welcome to aikido and to AikiWeb.

Best regards,

akiy
04-06-2005, 10:00 AM
Hi Ben,

Welcome, and thank you for your introduction.

-- Jun

markwalsh
04-06-2005, 02:39 PM
Hi Ben,

Welcome. Three are a few of us Brits here.

The names will all come given time, but just to confuse you different places uses different terminology anyway. E.g. 1st form is known as ai-hanmi in many places.

Regards,

Mark

Derek Webb
04-07-2005, 03:01 AM
Hi Ben

Welcome. You have started in a great place to begin your Aikido journey. Haydn Foster sensei is teaching at Southwold this coming weekend (along with Bill Smith, Barbara Moss and Frank Burlingham) are you going? If so see you there.

Regards

Delboy

Adrian Price
04-07-2005, 04:33 AM
Welcome

I remember trying to find The Hut, a few years ago, boy it is a hard place to find.

Ben Eaton
04-07-2005, 06:18 AM
Luckily I found the hut via the husband of my mum's friend, he's a 2nd Dan there. I thought it was good, but then they told me about the history of The Hut and it seemed even better.

Welcome. You have started in a great place to begin your Aikido journey. Haydn Foster sensei is teaching at Southwold this coming weekend (along with Bill Smith, Barbara Moss and Frank Burlingham) are you going? If so see you there.

I didn't know he was teaching, and don't actually know where Southwold is. I'm just going to weekly lessons at the moment, and I haven't even got my gi/dogi yet (next week :) ). I have heard he is very good, from my sensei who was taught by him.

Thanks for the welcome,
Ben.