PDA

View Full Version : Sifu or See Fool?

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Murgen
03-23-2005, 11:15 AM
This is Crazy. I don't understand what he was trying to do except intimidate his students. Guy looks like a bully to me who is enjoying beating the crap out of beginners. Looks like one guy is bleeding from the caning.

http://www.jokaroo.com/extremevideos/kungfumasterbeatsstudents.html

Bronson
03-24-2005, 12:47 AM
Hey Michael Stuempel...isn't that the Senshusei course :D ;)

Just kidding....please don't hit me in the face with stick :p

Bronson

maikerus
03-24-2005, 01:08 AM
Hey Michael Stuempel...isn't that the Senshusei course :D ;)

Just kidding....please don't hit me in the face with stick :p

I'm glad you think so - it's good to have a reputation - but we were never quite that extreme in a single class. I don't think you have to beat someone with a stick to make them behave or improve...usually a threatening whisper is enough ;)

It's crazy, but we've had 4 or 5 people come to Roland and my dojo and said "I read about you guys in Angry White Pyjamas and want to sign up". Sometimes they don't tell us until months afterward that they had read the book and that's why they came - after figuring out who we were on the website.

That being said...we don't teach regular students the way the senshusei were taught. Everyone has their own reason for training and if someone wants to be taught like that they can just go do the course. If they dare :D

cheers,

--Michael...who is really, really nice :cool:

uros slo
03-24-2005, 03:39 AM
Re: Sifu or See Fool?
In my opinion students taught that way will never teach techniques properly because they have fear of See fool. But you never now, maybe his students like to be tought that way. In my club we train hard style and many aikidoka and non-aikidoka say we beet the crap out of each other(that may be true) but our sensei is treating all of as a equal partners, friends blended whit lot of love(to aikido) so what I see don't make sense to me-we are making friend not enemy's.
Just my humble opinion!
Have a good day

Bronson
03-24-2005, 10:18 AM
That being said...we don't teach regular students the way the senshusei were taught.

I had kinda assumed that you didn't ;)

If they dare :D

:D :D

Michael...who is really, really nice

Yeah, I'd picked up on that....which is why I feel ok joking with you. You can take it as the joke it was intended to be without thinking I disrespect the training. Hopefully we can meet on the mat some day....as long as you promise to not hit me in the face with a stick ;)

Bronson