PDA

View Full Version : Dojos near Hiroshima / Iwakuni area?

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

rylmar
03-18-2005, 06:21 PM
This is my second post. I will be relocating to Japan in May and am asking for any advice as to dojos in the Hiroshima, Iwakuni or Yamaguchi Pref. area. Thanks for any help.

Robert :)
ASU, Camp Lejeune, NC

batemanb
03-19-2005, 01:13 AM
Peter Goldsbury would be a good person to contact, he has a dojo near Hiroshima. Try a pm to him from the user list.

Regards

Bryan

rylmar
03-19-2005, 05:37 PM
Thank you for the advice. :p

diesel
03-20-2005, 02:37 AM
There are a few in Higashihiroshima that you could train at.. pm for more info.

Eddie deGuzman
03-21-2005, 04:31 PM
Hi Robert,

A quick search for "Iwakuni aikido " seems to show an aikido dojo off post. I'm sure there is information available on-base. There are different styles so you might want to inquire beforehand or at least have a look-see. It wouldn't hurt to ask about the teacher's rank and background. There is an English phone book so you might try looking up aikido once you get to Japan.

I live in Kitakyushu, which is just over the Kanmon bridge in Kyushu. I've been through Iwakuni and it is a small town so commuting to another town for a more suitable dojo would at least allow a change of scenery.

Also, I would ask a Japanese person. Someone studying karate/kendo/judo (which is more popular than aikido here) might have knowledge of dojo other than the aikido class advertised
on-base.

Good luck and welcome to Japan!
Eddie