PDA

View Full Version : Lynn Seiser and Aikido Basics?

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Adam Alexander
02-11-2005, 01:05 PM
I ran across the book "Aikido Basics" at the book store the other day. Are you one of the authors?

Ron Tisdale
02-11-2005, 01:56 PM
Lynn does post here, and he is one of the authors. I liked the book myself, even though its written by people in a different style. It was especially helpfull, since while I was reading it in a dinner, a yudansha in the ki society and I struck up a conversation. Thanks, Lynn, you helped me make a new friend!
Ron

bryce_montgomery
02-11-2005, 03:27 PM
That's actually the first aikido book I ever bought and now I've given it to a friend of mine so he can see what it's like...Thanks Seiser Sensei!

Bryce

Lan Powers
02-11-2005, 06:12 PM
I bought it as well, and gave it to a friend as his first book of basics to help with him just starting.
Solid, well written, I like it.
:)
Lan

SeiserL
02-12-2005, 09:11 PM
Wow, thanks for the kind words. We hoped it would be of some small help to people.

We have another one coming out in June 2005 and a weapons one in January 2006. Again from Tuttle Publishing.

Adam Alexander
07-02-2005, 02:42 PM
So, I finally read it.

Hell of a book! I wish I would of read it when I started Aikido (it still relevant info as an intermediate, but it would of been a lot of help from the start)...even though it's a different style, I thought the perspective and info was very relevant.

crbateman
07-02-2005, 05:42 PM
Just a quick note that Tuttle Publishing has postponed the release of the next book, "Advanced Aikido" until Dec. '05 or Jan. '06. Amazon and others are taking pre-orders now, but release is no longer set for June or July , as had been previously stated.

Nick Simpson
07-05-2005, 06:13 AM
I got the book last year and I loved it. It definately would have been amazing to have before going to a dojo/when I first started, but it was still very good and a throughly enjoyable read! I managed to snag myself a new way of doing tsuki kaiten-nage and some lovely kokyu techniques from it too! Thanks Lynn!

CNYMike
07-10-2005, 02:17 AM
I picked up a copy a few days ago. Think nice thougts of me when you get your next royalty check. :)